Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to treat the interior surfaces for the first time and don't want to use anything that will make me regret it later. I used Armour All on the dash and top quality Lexol products for the leather of my Mustang GT, after nearly ten years my GT still looks new inside.
What are the opinions of detailers in the forum on this new interior of the Sky? Looking forward to the replys.

IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chrome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Guards

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
No Armerall please. It will dry it out ..Skip...I use water and wipe it down with microtowels. Watch the radio dial scratchs very easy.....:cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I use Meguire's Vinyl interior treatment, after washing with a mild soap solution. The treatment goes on and then you wipe it off (excess). It leaves a few streaks on the piano details and other shiny plastic, but the wipe off cleans that and leaves it brilliant! Leather seats get Meguire's leather treatment. I put in on heavier at first and now very sparingly. It really softens the leather and let's it stretch back into shape from my seat!:lol:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I use Lexol on the seats and 303 for everything else inside (303 could be used to protect the leather as well).

The lexol cleans a protects the leather and makes it supple as well as protecting it from the elements. The 303 helps dust/clean the dash and it has a UV protection factor.

Microfiber towels for the applications and a clean one for the dusting and wiping of figerprints I do every day.

:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on EVERYTHING interior. Serious UV protector & will not damage like other products. Does not leave anything sticky yet applies a protective coating. Use on Plastic, metal & leather...plus don't forget your rubber seals & your black facia plastic around your backup light. Also, I rub it on the inside of my wheels.. it makes wiping off brake dust and tar a SNAP.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a friend that is an engineer for Armorall.... It is "oily" looking, but much as the ever so popular rumor says.. it isnt any worse for your interior than anything else you would put on it. With that being said, would I put it on my interior? HELL NO. But 303, and anything else is an oily conditioner as well. Interior its probably ok, but exterior, it will run down your car the first dew morning. I use Meguira interior mist. No oilyness, no residue, no shine, just clean.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I purchased WolfGangs Interior Leather Kit, and once I purchased my Sky, I ordered a boxed kit with a hand held Micro Fiber Duster, I guess you can call it a "duster", dust & all sticks to it as you gently stroke the interior, esp the plastic, it also came with several micro fiber towels, green & blue, the green one is for detailing, but either works well. I also leave a blue micro fiber towel in the car at all times for quicky wipe downs--Micro Fiber towels are king IMHO.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I am not one for mega brand cleaners, but the Armor All Protectant Gel (the one that claims strongest UV protection of Armor All products) does do a great job at keeping a clean look if your top is down a lot. I'd recommend that if your search for a supplier of cleaners stops at Target.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts