Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of the Sky interior at night with the backlighting on? I just realized that I've never seen it! There's a small pic on the Saturn website of the gauge cluster with illumination on (it's amber, I think) but I wanna see what the HVAC and radio looks like at night.

This would be a tricky shot to get- you would need to use a tripod to hold the camera steady enough so that it won't be blurry.

-C

·
Registered
87 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
Does anyone have a picture of the Sky interior at night with the backlighting on? I just realized that I've never seen it! There's a small pic on the Saturn website of the gauge cluster with illumination on (it's amber, I think) but I wanna see what the HVAC and radio looks like at night.

This would be a tricky shot to get- you would need to use a tripod to hold the camera steady enough so that it won't be blurry.

-C
looks realy cool. It is amber. I sat in my Sky most of the night just to look at the gauges!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
From what I've read illumination is provided at the rear view mirror. A light for each seat.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
There are 2 lights under the rearview mirror-you just press up on the one you want and it will shine down. Here is a pic of my SKY at night-you can see the back of the mirror where it is lit up. Will try to take more at night for ya'll as I get better with this newfangled camera!:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
NCBlue said:
There are 2 lights under the rearview mirror-you just press up on the one you want and it will shine down. Here is a pic of my SKY at night-you can see the back of the mirror where it is lit up. Will try to take more at night for ya'll as I get better with this newfangled camera!:lol:

kind of neat to get information from someone that owns a sky?

·
Registered
129 Posts
LED Tail Lights?

Hi NCBlue,
Since you have a Sky would you please let me know if they used LED lights for the turn signals and brake lights (I know the third brake light is LED already)? Thanks, Jayne

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hehe NCBlue I'm glad you're excited about your car and on this board, everyone's gonna hound you with questions!

Which lights serve as the DRLs? Is it like previous saturns where it's the highbeams at half power? Or is it those big orange marker lights like on the Ion?

Jayne- to answer your question, they are regular incandescent bulbs in the turn/brake lights.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
hehe NCBlue I'm glad you're excited about your car and on this board, everyone's gonna hound you with questions!

Which lights serve as the DRLs? Is it like previous saturns where it's the highbeams at half power? Or is it those big orange marker lights like on the Ion?

Jayne- to answer your question, they are regular incandescent bulbs in the turn/brake lights.
The Ambers are your DRL's... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Jayne said:
Hi NCBlue,
Since you have a Sky would you please let me know if they used LED lights for the turn signals and brake lights (I know the third brake light is LED already)? Thanks, Jayne
The ONLY LED's are the ones in the third brake light, no others! :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
LED Replacement Bulbs

I've seen LED replacement bulbs which have as many as 30 LED for both the 1156 and 1157 bulbs. From what I can tell they provide much better lighting. Are there any concerns with converting to them? I know they use much less power but will using less power effect anything else? Enquiring minds want to know. I think that the addition of LED lighting will enhanse both the looks and safety of the Sky.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jayne said:
I've seen LED replacement bulbs which have as many as 30 LED for both the 1156 and 1157 bulbs. From what I can tell they provide much better lighting. Are there any concerns with converting to them? I know they use much less power but will using less power effect anything else? Enquiring minds want to know. I think that the addition of LED lighting will enhanse both the looks and safety of the Sky.

Check out this site:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
They WILL look dumb if you put them in a sky. Since each LED is a lens itself, the light does not disperse. It will look like a red dot inside your tail light. Trust me, this is not the way to go.

They have to be in individual housings in order to look good, like this example on a Scion tC:

·
Registered
311 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
They WILL look dumb if you put them in a sky. Since each LED is a lens itself, the light does not disperse. It will look like a red dot inside your tail light. Trust me, this is not the way to go.

They have to be in individual housings in order to look good, like this example on a Scion tC:

Not necessarily true.:nono:

Check out this site.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

It has information about all of that if you look a little. A lot depends on the fitting you are placing it in!:thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quick question about the interior lighting...pardon my lack of knowledge, but does anyone know if there is a way to dim or brighten the instrument panel lighting?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
KrazyRedHead said:
Quick question about the interior lighting...pardon my lack of knowledge, but does anyone know if there is a way to dim or brighten the instrument panel lighting?
Yes, you can, there is a small up and down sliding switch to the left of the steering column. It is a gradual dimmer that lets you turn the lights down to practically nothing or all the way up to a bright orange glow.

If anyone is still curious as to what the dash and other lighting looks at night here are pics i posted in this thread (seen below)

·
Registered
277 Posts
coolant temp is communicated via the computer. There is no temp gauge.

One item I noticed on my sky is that it is hard to read the clock and radio displays when the top is down...too much daylight. The amber backlight and daylight don't blend well. Otherwise, I love the radio system.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts