Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen a production car in person, I was dissapointed in the appearance of the plastic on the dashboard.

I was wondering if anybody has thought about a way of improving its appearance. I was thinking maybe Armor All or paint or contact paper?

Has anybody else thought of this?

Has any of Vendors thought about this?

Bueller? Bueller? :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can NOT stand ArmorAll. It makes the dash reflective and all I see in the windshield is the dash. IMHO

I don't have my car yet, but the last thing I would do is ArmorAll the thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the car sucks and it was made very quickly and cheaply, I wouldnt pay 20,000 for a car w/ a shitty interior like that. I honestly feel bad for all of you who rushed into buying a car that looks like that and is having so many problems. Glad I got my 500 back...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Antz1 said:
I think the car sucks and it was made very quickly and cheaply, I wouldnt pay 20,000 for a car w/ a shitty interior like that. I honestly feel bad for all of you who rushed into buying a car that looks like that and is having so many problems. Glad I got my 500 back...
Thats fine with me, one less bitter Sky owner on the road.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Antz1 said:

Honey if you hate the car so bad, GET OF THE BOARD!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im not like most of the others who sit on here all day and post. I actually have things to do during the day... Im just saying I feel bad for people who rushed into purchasing a cheaply made car. I can have an opinion.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
No need to feel bad for us -- though I do admit my addiction to this forum gets me through law school classes all day. I love the car and found the interior just fine, especially when I remember how little I paid for such a sweeeet car. Your opinion is fine, but no need to feel sorry for us who have one and rushed out to buy one (heck I hadn't even sat in one) -- we're doing just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
DO NOT USE ARMORALL. PERIOD.

Somebody very near and dear to me, is the district service manager for GM for a very large metropolitan city. This person has seen everything.

One thing that I can say, is that Armorall eats through surfaces. No matter what it is.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
richmcc said:
Having seen a production car in person, I was dissapointed in the appearance of the plastic on the dashboard.

I was wondering if anybody has thought about a way of improving its appearance. I was thinking maybe Armor All or paint or contact paper?

Has anybody else thought of this?

Has any of Vendors thought about this?

Bueller? Bueller? :D
Can you describe what it is exactly you don;t like about the look of the interior?
I mayself like the looks of the interior in mine, and so far everyone that has seen it has liked it, I just don;t understand what people are finding offensive about it...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Antz1 said:
Here we go again, SOS! You got your money back? Then why are you here? Go Away! Go find a forum that agrees with your taste..to bad Yugo's aren't around for you to bad mouth!

·
Registered
357 Posts
:agree:

Some other forum, somewhere else, is just dying to have you. Really. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SkyMan 07 said:
Can you describe what it is exactly you don;t like about the look of the interior?
I mayself like the looks of the interior in mine, and so far everyone that has seen it has liked it, I just don;t understand what people are finding offensive about it...

I love the design of the interior, the plastic used on the dashboard just looks a little cheap to me! It is definetly not a deal breaker by any means.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think the "piano black" plastic panels look really good. It looks rich to me and others that have seen it. I also like the the soft rubber on the outside of the knobs and the chrome accents on the dash - just enough and not overdone.

Is there a difference between the standard dash and the "premium leather" interior dash? I don't see cheap at all! What do you want, everything covered in leather with walnut inserts??? :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I'm not going to venture anywhere near the looking cheap debate, but am curious.
This may be out of left field but could there be, or does there appear to be, any consideration to environmental factors?
As a convertable there will be more exposure to elements, especially sunlight/uv.
Any possibility that this is a factor, or does it appear tied more directly to the overall pricepoint of the car?

(Also, what's the reference to "Bueller" mean?)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sky Hi said:
I think the "piano black" plastic panels look really good. It looks rich to me and others that have seen it. I also like the the soft rubber on the outside of the knobs and the chrome accents on the dash - just enough and not overdone.

Is there a difference between the standard dash and the "premium leather" interior dash? I don't see cheap at all! What do you want, everything covered in leather with walnut inserts??? :eek:
With gold trim with channel set 10 point princess cut diamonds.:D

I guess it is a perception thing, I know that I'm not the only one who has mentioned it.

I actually agree with you that piano black looks nice the sound system and enviromental controls are elegant along with the instrument panel. It all designed elegantly.

However, when I look at the passenger side the grey plastic is quite not as appealling. The material used for the dash on my 2004 ION looks better.

Look, I am not trashing the car, I definitely getting the car I love it! Neither was it with the intention of arguing about it either. I guess I should of phrased my question better, I can see how the word "cheap" may get people upset.

Let me Start Over:

I really love the Sky interior, however I was wondering if anyody has thought about enhancing the looks even more by improving the grey plastic used on the dash and the passenger side panels?
:thumbs:

I am not trying to trash the car anymore than someone who wants to improve the exhaust system, get the kappashield or anything else. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on ALL plastic, vinyle & leather. Really darkens it up, UV protection, dust repellant, and leave a non-slick/sticky coating. I put it on EVERYTHING inside my SKY--steering wheel, plastic around radio, door panels, plastic surround, shifter boot, leather seats,...the first day and she looks great!! Love the UV Protection. Sure makes my Xterra come to live. Really helps the exterior plastic on the SUV from getting that nasty Greying. www.303products.com

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Turtle Wax also makes a plastic cleaner/protector that doesn't leave the shine or residue that Armoral does, but can't think of its name. Just checked, F21.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts