Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what find of interior storage there is on the Sol/Sky and where it is located, the same with 12V power outlets?

It would be helpful to know if I can plug in my Radar Detector and my Cellphone (at the same time) and have a place to put it (the phone) while driving.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brentil said:
There's a map style storage net behind the driver seat. There's a small storage compartment under the waterfal between the seats. There's also the small glove box too.

The 12v power outloet is located on the dash area near the glove box. You can see it in these two imaes right to the left of the glove box;
http://www.skyroadster.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=190&size=big&sort=2&cat=3032
http://www.skyroadster.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=188&size=big&sort=2&cat=3032
Looks good for the Radar Detector, but not the Cell Phone.... I might have to get one of those guady mounts so I can use hands free and plug it in, after I get a 12V splitter......

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonder why they couldn't have a small (2-3" high) area next to the parking brake designated as storage (cut into the current "console"), or would that get in the way of shifting?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kappaman said:
The seats have a storage pocket at the front of the cushion - works well for cell phones.
Would these be the same type as those in the Malibu?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is something I was wondering about as well. Seems to me like Saturn has missed opportunities to give us some storage. I don't understand why they didn't incorporate storage into the armrest. Also where the top air vents and hazards control is seems to be a spot for at least a little storage. Would be nice if that piece of plastic concealed a little storage tray. One thing I do like about my sister's ION is the little compartments it has, like right in front of the driver's left knee. We're already nit picking the trunk storage, and now the internal storage as well. Neither of these are deal breakers for me, but it's only natural to look for ways to improve things.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KhakiBoy said:
This is something I was wondering about as well. Seems to me like Saturn has missed opportunities to give us some storage. I don't understand why they didn't incorporate storage into the armrest. Also where the top air vents and hazards control is seems to be a spot for at least a little storage. Would be nice if that piece of plastic concealed a little storage tray. One thing I do like about my sister's ION is the little compartments it has, like right in front of the driver's left knee. We're already nit picking the trunk storage, and now the internal storage as well. Neither of these are deal breakers for me, but it's only natural to look for ways to improve things.
Exactly, if I have to I'll throw the phone in the passenger seat, or have whoever is sitting there hold it. It still would be nice to see a small compartment somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
There's the 3rd cup holder in teh passenger foot well that looks perfectly designed to hold items like cell phones and iPods. It then puts the items right below the power plug. So there really is no issue of not being able to put your electronic devices someplace within reach.

The reason there's more then liekly not any storage in the 'arm rest' between the seats is because it's the drive shaft tunel with a cover on it. However the arm rests in the door would have been nice to have a couple little pockets below them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They could have added a storage area on top of the drive shaft tunel cover. It doesn't look like it's that high up. Would probably make for a more comfortable armrest anyway. You have a point about the armrest in the door. My Neon has that and I use it quite often for holding either my cell phone or wallet.

·
Registered
432 Posts
yeesh... i didnt realize this was such a problem. i carry my cell in my pocket with enough charge for the day at least, and i really dont bother with ipods or the like, because why not just use mp3 cd's or xm radio?

·
Registered
12 Posts
For me it isn't a problem. I keep my my cell in my pocket too. And there's always the passenger seat, which is where I keep my mp3 player now. But I do think they are areas of opportunity.

·
Registered
242 Posts
cellphone on the hip w/earpiece, no i-pod.....passenger seat for the babes.........no prob, here :D :D :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
swatthefly said:
yeesh... i didnt realize this was such a problem. i carry my cell in my pocket with enough charge for the day at least, and i really dont bother with ipods or the like, because why not just use mp3 cd's or xm radio?
Doesn't the radio have a plug for MP3 players? If so you would think they would provide a place to store them....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts