Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
So . . . If I never log out, am I always logged in? . . . oh, the possible conundrums . . . eek :confused: :willy: :brentil:
If you choose the "remember me" option when logging in, then a log in cookie is set, so anytime you visit the site you are automatically logged in. If you close your browser for the session, you are logged out. Visit again...logged in (using cookies). If you keep the browser open (or tabbed, as Yogi noted), then you remain logged in.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
If you choose the "remember me" option when logging in, then a log in cookie is set, so anytime you visit the site you are automatically logged in. If you close your browser for the session, you are logged out. Visit again...logged in (using cookies). If you keep the browser open (or tabbed, as Yogi noted), then you remain logged in.
Thanks, Bogie, that's how I thought it worked, but wasn't sure if it dropped you if you moved on in your daily travels across the wide ranges of the world wide web.

:dthumbs:

·
7,019 Posts
Thanks, Bogie, that's how I thought it worked, but wasn't sure if it dropped you if you moved on in your daily travels across the wide ranges of the world wide web.

:dthumbs:

I think I been logged off from the forum automatically after no response for a while? :confused:

·
7,019 Posts
Do you check the box "remember me" when logging in?
Maybe that's it...:dunno:
I log on with the "Remember Me" box check. When I reboot my computer and log into SkyRoadster again I might not have checked that box again...:sorry:

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Maybe that's it...:dunno:
I log on with the "Remember Me" box check. When I reboot my computer and log into SkyRoadster again I might not have checked that box again...:sorry:
Also, there are several options that allow you to flush your cookies. Either via the browser settings or via third party "cleaner" tools. If you flush the associated cookie that "remembers you", then you will need to type the login info next time you come to site.

·
7,019 Posts
Also, there are several options that allow you to flush your cookies. Either via the browser settings or via third party "cleaner" tools. If you flush the associated cookie that "remembers you", then you will need to type the login info next time you come to site.
Yes Bogie, I also do the "CC Cleaner" thing, could be many things I'm doing wrong... :willy:

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
My McAfee "Total Protection" flushes cookies on a regular schedule, but not if the website is in favorites.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I find the term lurker creepy in itself. The word is negative, it used to mean someone laying in wait to ambush or strike, but today it is given to someone reading message boards, forums, etc without participating. Are they waiting in ambush or just interested in what is being said but choosing not to participate because of a variety of reasons. Lurk, skulk, creep, prowl, slink, sneak, etc. You get the picture. Why not a term like readers, or viewers? No negativity. Not that this site can change the term that has been chosen to describe viewers who wish not to participate. Just saying. :)
I tend to check in at least once a day but only respond occationally. Mostly because I'm not as technically savvy as the majority of the members so I'm looking at this as a learning experience for me. When I do have a problem I find most members are usually ready willing and able to help. Thanks:)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Ardie, You may not be technically savvy as others on here but understand that the questions posted by those seeking knowledge from those that have it are what drive these forums. Even those who may have more experience than you may learn something from a question you pose.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts