Saturn Sky Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
I would probably go with four fronts all the way around ...
:agree:

Been working on that.
Pair of Goodyear GS-C's just came in.
Will have them mounted on another set of fronts and see how it looks.

....255/45/17's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Guess people tend to forget the souped up muscle cars of the 60's.
Wide rear drive wheels sticking out 2-3 inches was considered normal back then.
Actually, I do recall the 50's and 60's and my first car was a 67 RS Camaro. So I can tell you for sure that at least here in California, the only cars that had their tires protruding out beyond the fender were street rods, some of them didn't even have fenders. Also, it was considered illegal to have your tires stick beyond the fender. There was also the 2" rule on lowering or raising cars. Nowadays, CA "LEO's" are more interested in high speed chases followed by a hail of bullets than to stop someone for that issue, let alone driving while on your cell phone. So, yeah, I do remember muscle cars of the 60's. Maybe you were from a different state that allowed it, but if you consider the muscle cars from the 60's, save the Camaro and Mustang, most early didn't have completely open wheel wells in the rear. So jacking them up high enough to shove a wide set of "meats" under the rear would mean a very high car. We also ran much skinnier tires in the front too. God, those were great times!! Nice throaty sounds, poly tires that didn't grab.. LOL.. man those old tires sucked! Ok, enough reminiscing... just get 4 fronts and you'll be OK..

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Here is what you are remembering:

The difference is that the fender flares were wide enough to hold these meats.:lol:

But at the end of the day, the only person you have to please is yourself, so if you like what you have, keep it.:cheers:

·
Registered
859 Posts

Hmmm..."gangsta"...not.
A Saturn Sky is not a muscle car. Using your theory, it's normal to see off road tires (on trucks) does that mean its ok to run them on a Sky too?

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts

The difference is that the fender flares were wide enough to hold these meats.:lol:
Ahhh, and they are neatly tucked under the top of the fender... still nowhere near 2 to 4 inches beyond the body.

That reminds me.. any remember slot cars?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I know what tuned autos run. I won't need tires.
You will in the 1/8 mile! Before we raced last time you would have bet you would have kicked my butt then... com 'on now tell the truth you know I''m right. So bring your lunch my young friend your going to need it! :driving:

·
Registered
349 Posts

But at the end of the day, the only person you have to please is yourself, so if you like what you have, keep it.:cheers:

Sweeeeeeeeet!:dthumbs:

·
Registered
859 Posts
:lol: Hey bun1t, does this count? :lol:

Looks good! :lol:

You will in the 1/8 mile! Before we raced last time you would have bet you would have kicked my butt then... com 'on now tell the truth you know I''m right. So bring your lunch my young friend your going to need it! :driving:
I don't run 1/8th miles. If I would have known they were running 1/8th mile I wouldn't have even been there. 1/8th mile is a waste of time and money IMO.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Looks good! :lol:

I don't run 1/8th miles. If I would have known they were running 1/8th mile I wouldn't have even been there. 1/8th mile is a waste of time and money IMO.
Hey it's only half as hard on the car. :D In the 1/4 you would go around me by the 1000 ft mark no doubt. You was faster but I was quicker! :thumbs:

Wanna run my GN in the qtr? $$$$$$ :lol:

·
Registered
925 Posts
The more I look at the wheels the more I like them. Hard to belive they are from the ugly vette body style.

Hey bunit bring your car up here so my Diesel Pick up can blow it away. Just dont get out to see why yours stoped you will be moving just not nearly as fast as me. Oh and it has an auto.

·
Registered
259 Posts
:cool: Cool...Nice... :thumbs: It works for some but not for others, that's what mods do. Makes it your own and if it happens to hit a good note...GREAT! If not...eh...nothing to lose sleep over. At least it's not a 3 ft (ridiculously) high rear spoiler like I've seen :eek: in other vehicles. :lol: Like it's really giving them the added traction! :lol:
AnyWHO...don't fret the negative comments, they're just opinions. :thumbs:

81 - 96 of 96 Posts