Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said that if I wanted to get an idea of the performance of the SKY motor, I should test drive the ION QUAD 4 coupe. I am waiting for dealer to get another one in to check it out. The same motor is being used in this vehicle. Has anyone heard anythingm along this line? ERNEST:patriot: :driving:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:
My dealer said that if I wanted to get an idea of the performance of the SKY motor, I should test drive the ION QUAD 4 coupe. I am waiting for dealer to get another one in to check it out. The same motor is being used in this vehicle. Has anyone heard anythingm along this line? ERNEST:patriot: :driving:
If you get the performance package you get the 170 HP version of the same engine that is in the Sky and Solstice... It is also available in the Cobalt and HHR

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
Ion Quad Coupe 3's and Ion Sedan 3's ONLY with the Enhanced Performance Package (2.4 VVTL Ecotec, Sport Suspension, ABS & Traction Control) will have performance similar to the Sky. This package is not very common. We only have one at this time and it is on a Sedan with the Auto tranny (4 speed and not the Sky's 5 speed). I really like them. We actually ordered a Quad Coupe with the package AND the 5 speed manual and it was a lot of fun to drive... :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ernest said:
The point has already been made, but there are some Ion's with the 2.4L ecotec. They have a "2.4L" badge on the trunk. The engine is also available in the Cobalt, HHR, and Pontiac G6. However, all four of these cars are front wheel drive, generally heavier than the Solstice, and the engines have been tuned more for economy where the Sol/Sky's engine has more of a performance tune. So although performance will be similar, it won't be exactly the same.

If you really want to try it, see if you can find a Pontiac dealer who has a Solstice available for a test drive! Not all dealers will due to the really limited quantities, but there are plenty of people who have been able to get a dealer testdrive too. It at least wouldn't hurt to phone around. (Or ask someone near you who is on Solsticeforum for a drive!). :D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
Thanks, Check your EMAIL

ERNEST
WHO???

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ion v Sky w/2.4

Remember, the Sky is RWD, while the Ion is FWD. Not to mention they are on completely different architectures with different suspensions, etc. The two vehicles will have much different drive characteristics.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b-rock said:
Remember, the Sky is RWD, while the Ion is FWD. Not to mention they are on completely different architectures with different suspensions, etc. The two vehicles will have much different drive characteristics.

Yiour correct, but it waas just to feel the power of the motor. Driving a ION Red Line coupe, now thats SUPERCHARGED Excitement. I borrow 1 from time to time from my dealer for some recreation, they are a lot of fun, try one sometime ERNEST:thumbs: :thumbs: :driving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts