Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somone out there recommend an Ipod or MP3? I don't know anything about them and want to purchase one for my R/L....gee maybe downloading some music might make "the wait" (I ordered a manual no less) seem a little shorter:willy: Thanks!

·
Registered
877 Posts
I got the sansa with dock

Fits great but you cant use the aux plug. Only FM transmiter.It works great and the White matches perfect.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks VStar...I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
653 Posts
At the expense of coming off sounding like a fan-boy....

Apple's iPod really is the best. And it's virtually impossible to beat the iTunes software. I've yet to see another MP3 player that can stand up to the iPod in terms of ease of use, reliability, support, sound, screen, etc. Granted, they usually run a little more expensive, but you can get a low level iPod Nano for pretty cheap. How much music do you have? A 4GB mp3 player will hold close to 1,000 songs. I have a 4 GB iPod Mini and I rarely come close to filling the whole thing up.

Quick heads up though, do not buy an iPod Mini. Apple tried these out for about a year and they just didn't do very well. They changed the construction type from the tried-and-true standard iPod, and so the Minis had quite a few problems. Luckily, mine has been great, but I also treat it very carefully. Don't let that scare you from them in general though. The standard iPod and the iPod Nano are incredible products.

(No, I don't sell Apple stuff. I actually own a Dell Computer. But I got presuaded to buy an iPod Mini when they first came out, and since then have been very impressed with Apple's offerings.)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Apple's iPod really is the best. And it's virtually impossible to beat the iTunes software.
:agree: I really love the iPod Nano and iTunes. Downloads music from your PC in a flash. And ours plugs right in to the Sky's radio, with no special adaptor. All you need in the adaptor to charge it up again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree about the ipods. I have the 30GB video ipod and I love it. I admit it's not great for watching videos as it drains the battery very quickly, but the 30GB space is worth it. I have a huge mp3 collection and I put about 2000 songs on the ipod as well has a bunch of pictures and some movies. It's an all in one package. Did I mention I love it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the Ipod Nano wins! Now can you delete music and re-record? I would imagine that you can. Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think the Ipod Nano wins! Now can you delete music and re-record? I would imagine that you can. Thanks
Absolutely, you can! You can delete, add, and rearrange your music anyway you please. I love my Nano. :thumbs:

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have an Apple iPod, and it works well with the aux jack. I can control the volume through the iPod and the radio itself. I just need somethng to hold the iPod in place around those sharp curves.:eek:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Also remember that any newer iPod (as in, last 9 months or so) will also have the picture/video capability. It is quite neat to be able to carry around an entire photo album in a space smaller than your wallet! That is how we showed all our friends the pictures of our new house when we were moving out of state. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
The best advice I would give is to buy something that will hook into the AUX jack in your car. Since the SKYs have an AUX jack, it is, honestly, a complete waste of money to use an FM transmitter, unless you already own one. The FM Transmitters do not give nearly as much quality as a direct connection via the AUX jack.

vstar, does the holder for the Sansa prevent you from using the headphone jack? If so, it would be worth it to look for a different type of mounting hardware, and get an AUX cable.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The best advice I would give is to buy something that will hook into the AUX jack in your car. Since the SKYs have an AUX jack, it is, honestly, a complete waste of money to use an FM transmitter, unless you already own one. The FM Transmitters do not give nearly as much quality as a direct connection via the AUX jack.

vstar, does the holder for the Sansa prevent you from using the headphone jack? If so, it would be worth it to look for a different type of mounting hardware, and get an AUX cable.
I have had not a single issue with mine, very clear, stays in place and very easy to change music. I have the cable, I dont bother with it.....

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I use the RCA Lyra. Nice because you use a SD card, download any mp3, it is powered by 2 AAA batteriers that last for 20 or 30 hours. With a 1gig SD you can load about 600 songs. Oh, and for use outside the car it also has an FM radio. All you need is the mini to mini plug cord to plug it into the Aux jack.:cool:

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have had not a single issue with mine, very clear, stays in place and very easy to change music. I have the cable, I dont bother with it.....
Hmm...that's interesting. May have to do with where you live, and how strong the other area radio signals are. Needing to find a blank station in my area is tricky sometimes, and very frustrating if you ever travel to other cities. Might also have to do with the placement of the antenna behind the seats, rather than on the hood like most other cars.

That's good to hear though! I use an FM Transmitter with my iPod because I have an '04 ION with no AUX input, and I'm generally happy with it. It's usually pretty clear, but it is really annoying when I travel anywhere and have to change the transmission station 4 or 5 times during the trip.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just did a bunch of research...I had to get an MP3 player for the gym...doctor told me I can't lift weights for a while. This means I'll be spending a lot of time on the treadmill....boring...and the gym music sucks!! Time for an MP3 player...getting an Ipod was never a question as the itunes music player is hands down the best....but which iPod... I thought about the video iPod, but a friend of mine brought up the point that the Nano has a flash drive instead of a disk drive...if I'm working out/running, the disk drive could skip...flash doesn't skip...so, I'm getting the nano. I picked it up from the macmall.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Help

Ok, so tell me again, which one do I get that will hook right into the Aux jack in my Sky? I have been meaning to go out and buy my ipod, but now with all the info I'm determined to go out this weekend to buy one. I want the least work, and less extra's to buy!!
Theresa

·
Registered
653 Posts
ANY mp3 player with a head phone jack (OK, wait, that's all of them ;)) will work with the AUX jack. All the AUX jack is, is just a head phone jack. So once you get the mp3 player, you just have to buy a cable that is a headphone jack on both ends. It should be a 3.5mm cable.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've sold mp3 players for 4 years now and ipods are definitely the best/easiest to use with the addition of itunes. Any ipod can use the aux input,k you simply need to get at 3.5 mm stereo cable, often called a mini sterio or 1/8th inch mini cable. Make sure it is stereo and not mono. Also i'd recommend getting some time of extended service/replacement plan due to the amount that screw up. i'm sure people on this board have had some that don't mess up, but personally i've gone through 3 and working in customer service i've seen a lot that go bad. but that's the way with any mp3 player, not just ipod. my .02

1 - 20 of 31 Posts