Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of getting tired of 50 different senarios I keep reading, I am about to just throw my hands up and just wait without coming here any more until I actually have my car....
Seems like every dealer is telling different storys to their customers.....:banghead: :brentil: :willy: :confused:
Sky Dealer and my dealer seems to be on the same page though...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I am kind of getting tired of 50 different scenarios I keep reading, I am about to just throw my hands up and just wait without coming here any more until I actually have my car....
Seems like every dealer is telling different stories to their customers.....:banghead: :brentil: :willy: :confused:
The thing is, that's Saturn's way. They let each dealer do as they wish most of the time and most dealers are not used to information being so "available" to consumers still and don't realize that customers nowadays do "know better." :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I guess second time through you separate the wheat from the chaff. I know on the solstice forum, before the car finally arrived, was full of speculation and differing information. Thus this:lol: time thru I just keep on :chill:ing until the dealer tells me it has arrived, and its for me. Anything else is uncertainty:cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I am kind of getting tired of 50 different senarios I keep reading, I am about to just throw my hands up and just wait without coming here any more until I actually have my car....
Seems like every dealer is telling different storys to their customers.....:banghead: :brentil: :willy: :confused:
everyone knew this is the way it would be. what SD says seems to be right on, every dealer does it their own way... this was the same with the solstice, why would saturn be any different?

I think this is fun and exciting... it can be frustrating but no matter how you look at it, every day is one more day closer to you getting your sky!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
usmc said:
everyone knew this is the way it would be. what SD says seems to be right on, every dealer does it their own way... this was the same with the solstice, why would saturn be any different?

I think this is fun and exciting... it can be frustrating but no matter how you look at it, every day is one more day closer to you getting your sky!
and unfortunatly one less day my wife has to enjoy it with me. :(

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean it to come out like that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
and unfortunatly one less day my wife has to enjoy it with me. :(
I have been following you and your threads. I'm very sorry to hear things may be getting worse. I think about you and pray for you guys each time I read something new from you.

I might have a suggestion, I was at the nearby pontiac dealer and they have one sitting at their dealership at MSRP. Black with two tone interior - and drop dead gorgeous! $23,???.00 all but high end radio-speakers. I was tempted to buy it myself! Let's face it, both the Sky and the Solstice are very fine cars and the solstice is available now. Just a thought.

I did get to sit in it and wow! Also, the rear trunk is much larger then I expected with the top up. My wife and I could go on a weekend getaway with the luggage space available in the rear trunk.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, I am also getting somewhat fed up. However, I did get my first bit of positive news in a long time from my dealer who finally called me today! He told me that they got their first image this morning, however, that before I got too excited that this was the dealer image and not a customer image. This I expected so I wasn't too let down. He then proceeded to tell me that in a couple of weeks or so, he was vague, that 2 or 3 images should come up for the first orders to be officially placed. Since I am number 2 on our list this made me feel pretty good. He did say that since I want an automatic that there is going to be a delay of up to two months to have my order filled. This I think I'd read somewhere else on the forum already. He stressed that he believed that was on the heavy side and that a month might be more realistic. We'll see! I feel a little reassured after talking to him that things are finally going into motion and I'm not just sitting around waiting cluelessly. Only downside after all was said and done...he commented on a $1,500 to $2,000 mark up on msrp. My husband reminded him that at the time we put down our deposit msrp was what was discussed, nothing more. Dealers have a little latitude it seems on what they are going to do. He told us not to get worked up, to just wait and see. Wait and see we shall do....:)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boots said:
Yes, I am also getting somewhat fed up. However, I did get my first bit of positive news in a long time from my dealer who finally called me today! He told me that they got their first image this morning, however, that before I got too excited that this was the dealer image and not a customer image. This I expected so I wasn't too let down. He then proceeded to tell me that in a couple of weeks or so, he was vague, that 2 or 3 images should come up for the first orders to be officially placed. Since I am number 2 on our list this made me feel pretty good. He did say that since I want an automatic that there is going to be a delay of up to two months to have my order filled. This I think I'd read somewhere else on the forum already. He stressed that he believed that was on the heavy side and that a month might be more realistic. We'll see! I feel a little reassured after talking to him that things are finally going into motion and I'm not just sitting around waiting cluelessly. Only downside after all was said and done...he commented on a $1,500 to $2,000 mark up on msrp. My husband reminded him that at the time we put down our deposit msrp was what was discussed, nothing more. Dealers have a little latitude it seems on what they are going to do. He told us not to get worked up, to just wait and see. Wait and see we shall do....:)
did you not get them to write it up as at msrp when you put down your deposit? I did, and i expect them ot honor that....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turk said:
I have been following you and your threads. I'm very sorry to hear things may be getting worse. I think about you and pray for you guys each time I read something new from you.

I might have a suggestion, I was at the nearby pontiac dealer and they have one sitting at their dealership at MSRP. Black with two tone interior - and drop dead gorgeous! $23,???.00 all but high end radio-speakers. I was tempted to buy it myself! Let's face it, both the Sky and the Solstice are very fine cars and the solstice is available now. Just a thought.

I did get to sit in it and wow! Also, the rear trunk is much larger then I expected with the top up. My wife and I could go on a weekend getaway with the luggage space available in the rear trunk.
I considered that, but we both like the looks of the Sky so much more... and She wants me to have what I like best anyway... she is a wonderful wife, thinking about me after she is no longer here... It will be hard to imagine life without her, we have been together now for over 32 years, and she has alway put up with my car fanatics over the years, i have owned about 30 cars in the last 35 years...and i can say only one did i totally dislike after i got it...and it did not last more than a few months with me...

·
Registered
275 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
did you not get them to write it up as at msrp when you put down your deposit? I did, and i expect them ot honor that....
Sadly, we did not get it in writing. When we discussed price he just said we will sell at msrp period. Of course, being a bit naive I guess you'd say, we figured we'd take him at his word. We'll just wait and see!:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Yeah, if anyone has read the stories at the Solsticeforum, nothing should be a suprise here at all.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
nighttripper said:
I guess second time through you separate the wheat from the chaff. I know on the solstice forum, before the car finally arrived, was full of speculation and differing information. Thus this:lol: time thru I just keep on :chill:ing until the dealer tells me it has arrived, and its for me. Anything else is uncertainty:cheers:
:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
75 Posts
boots said:
Sadly, we did not get it in writing. When we discussed price he just said we will sell at msrp period. Of course, being a bit naive I guess you'd say, we figured we'd take him at his word. We'll just wait and see!:yesnod:

I didn't get it in writing that I would get the SKY at MSRP after leaving my deposit on the waiting list. So I asked the New Car Sales Manager at my Saturn if they were going to have a mark up on the SKY like other dealers or were they sticking with the MSRP. He stated that since they are only allocated a few of the SKYs to sell he felt it would not be worth the negative publicity to incur a markup. :willy:

We'll see if he keeps his word when it comes time for me to actually place my order.

·
Registered
727 Posts
On thing I learned from Solsticeforum is that dealer sourced information is not very reliable as a whole. For every one dealer that actually is giving out correct information there seem to be 10 trhat are giving out incorrect information.

Thats the nice thing about the forum! It lets us sift through all the different stories and try to get down to the correct story! The forum dealers here and on SF have been a big help in doing that too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts