Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Anyone heard of a dealership installing a windscreen? Does anyone have one?
MRSVIPER

·
Registered
73 Posts
important

jonm said:
MRSVIPER,

Titan Fan has the Saturn windscreen installed on his. I don't think he mentions how it works, but there is a picture on the following thread:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4213
solstice gm version of windscreen had (((( wrong measurements ))) for drill sites as changes / a brace under etc...on some ( depended on manufacture date !.. i got jay senoff's great simple install and best of all no drillin !! not sure if relevant to sky but worth checkin out BEFORE you drill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, dealer in lakeland florida installed mine
they said windscreen goes with car, take it
or don't take car, had to go back later to have it
installed, used it once, not much difference

·
Registered
31 Posts
My wife seems to think that it helps a good bit, but only if the windows are up. I personally don't like driving around in a convertible with the windows up, but sometimes you just do what you have to do. Besides, a SKY with the windows up is still cooler than anyother car out there.

The dealer installed it with no problems. However, since they did charge $100 more than the Saturn web site said that it should be. They explained that the actual price of the dealer installed options are up to each dealer, and that the amounts listed were only suggestions. I thought that was a rip-off, but since I only waited 2 weeks for the car and paid MSRP otherwise, I was OK with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts