Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mom called today to find out some information on her car as she is getting tired of waiting & is thinking about buying something else if this is going to take forever. She talked to the Sales Manager and asked if they'd heard anything new on her car (she was told 2 weeks ago that her car was at 3000). He told her he hadn't heard anything new. So she tells him that this is getting ridiculous & that she's thinking about getting something else. He tells her that he'll check again on her car & call her right back. Well not even 10 minutes later he calls back & tells her her car has been invoiced.

Does this sound right to you? It's weird howit went from knowing absolutely nothing to the car being invoiced. Also, if the car was invoiced, would it show up on the Saturn website vehicle locator?

:willy: :mad: :rolleyes: :banghead: :willy: :banghead: :brentil: :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
some sales mgrs aren't as helpful as they could be. They probably didn't want to bother with logging in and checking your order until you made the threat. as far as the saturn website... I know people on here swear by it but it seems unreliable to me.
I've been invoiced since the 1st and it hasn't appeared on the saturn site yet.

anyway, me 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you KNOW you were invoiced? Are you going by what they told you or do you have the actual print out?

I'm trying to talk my Mom into going down there & getting the actual print out so that she can be 100% sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
clgutk12 said:
How do you KNOW you were invoiced? Are you going by what they told you or do you have the actual print out?

I'm trying to talk my Mom into going down there & getting the actual print out so that she can be 100% sure.

I know cause I just got off the phone with the General Manager who, whenever I call, jumps on the system for me and pulls up my order. He then reads me the latest codes. Today it showed, 5/1 4000 and 5/1 4150.

He also said that he has the invoice in his hand, which up to this point, he has been wrong about a few things but never lied to me so I believe him but if I wanted to go down there, I'm sure he would show it to me.

Sounds like your dealership is just not being helpful at all. I know that the sales people almost never know anything about the ordering process so its best to go straight to the manager but if the manager seem clueless, then its likely that he just doesn't want to deal with it.

If I were in your shoes, I would be down at the dealership asking to see your order as it sits today in the system. I would also bring a printout of the codes and what each one means. When I started this entire escapade, my dealer "sort of" knew what they meant. Then when we changed to the new GM system a few weeks ago, he has been lost ever since.
I gave him the codes to be helpful.

for example, today he told me when I first called that "your cars been shipped!!!!!" I said, what makes you say that... and he says "cause we have your invoice".
I begin to tell him that that really doesn't mean its shipped and to look it up in the system. He looks it up, and says "yep, its shipped... it says code 4000"

so I then explain what code 4000 means compared to 4200. He's really cool about it when I school him on stuff he should already know. So your situation maybe similiar in that they really don't know what they are looking at.

Take the list of codes down there, be nice, and ask him to pull up your order in "DEALER WORLD" and go from there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
clgutk12 said:
How do you KNOW you were invoiced? Are you going by what they told you or do you have the actual print out?

I'm trying to talk my Mom into going down there & getting the actual print out so that she can be 100% sure.
Ask for a copy of the report - the status code will tell you right where you are at. It is the only way to know.....

If you go there and ask -- they should show you. It is no big deal teh GM can access it and even print it out for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
It is no big deal teh GM can access it and even print it out for you.
We aren't sure if the GM really exsists. I've emailed & called a few times for him and my Mom has called. We've never talked to him. I'm sure it'd be the same thing if she went in. :banghead: :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
clgutk12 said:
We aren't sure if the GM really exsists. I've emailed & called a few times for him and my Mom has called. We've never talked to him. I'm sure it'd be the same thing if she went in. :banghead: :mad:
lol just ask when the GM will be in today ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
clgutk12 said:
We aren't sure if the GM really exsists. I've emailed & called a few times for him and my Mom has called. We've never talked to him. I'm sure it'd be the same thing if she went in. :banghead: :mad:
The sales mgr at mine doesn't really know much about the ordering process. The only person there that knows anything at all about the process is the GM.
In my case, thats because he does all the ordering himself so he's a bit more familiar witht he system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
clgutk12 said:
My Mom called today to find out some information on her car as she is getting tired of waiting & is thinking about buying something else if this is going to take forever. She talked to the Sales Manager and asked if they'd heard anything new on her car (she was told 2 weeks ago that her car was at 3000). He told her he hadn't heard anything new. So she tells him that this is getting ridiculous & that she's thinking about getting something else. He tells her that he'll check again on her car & call her right back. Well not even 10 minutes later he calls back & tells her her car has been invoiced.

Does this sound right to you? It's weird howit went from knowing absolutely nothing to the car being invoiced. Also, if the car was invoiced, would it show up on the Saturn website vehicle locator?

:willy: :mad: :rolleyes: :banghead: :willy: :banghead: :brentil: :mad:
If it was invoiced it has a vin number, call or better yet go down there and ask them for the vin number. Have him print you out a report that shows the differend codes.

If he can't help you ask to talk to the sales manager he'll know how to to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
usmc said:
I know cause I just got off the phone with the General Manager who, whenever I call, jumps on the system for me and pulls up my order. He then reads me the latest codes. Today it showed, 5/1 4000 and 5/1 4150.

He also said that he has the invoice in his hand, which up to this point, he has been wrong about a few things but never lied to me so I believe him but if I wanted to go down there, I'm sure he would show it to me.

Sounds like your dealership is just not being helpful at all. I know that the sales people almost never know anything about the ordering process so its best to go straight to the manager but if the manager seem clueless, then its likely that he just doesn't want to deal with it.

If I were in your shoes, I would be down at the dealership asking to see your order as it sits today in the system. I would also bring a printout of the codes and what each one means. When I started this entire escapade, my dealer "sort of" knew what they meant. Then when we changed to the new GM system a few weeks ago, he has been lost ever since.
I gave him the codes to be helpful.

for example, today he told me when I first called that "your cars been shipped!!!!!" I said, what makes you say that... and he says "cause we have your invoice".
I begin to tell him that that really doesn't mean its shipped and to look it up in the system. He looks it up, and says "yep, its shipped... it says code 4000"

so I then explain what code 4000 means compared to 4200. He's really cool about it when I school him on stuff he should already know. So your situation maybe similiar in that they really don't know what they are looking at.

Take the list of codes down there, be nice, and ask him to pull up your order in "DEALER WORLD" and go from there.
:agree:

Alot of these salesmen don't know too much. If your nice it all works out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
being nice gets one alot further than being angry and grouchy.

I save the angry/grouchy for when the niceness stops working. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
I have been so lucky the GM at our Saturn Store is so "into" the SKY he just loves to talk about them. He will return an email to me and always cits & pastes the report on my car to his replies. Nscrbug met him Saturday and agrees. She even had him check on her car! (different store - same owner - he could not get in!). Turns out the two GM's are golfers...
The first time he called to tell me he was handling all SKY sales (My sales guy has to sell cars and SKY just eats up too much time), he spent neary an hour talking about the whole SKY set up and sales and the giant ball of wax. His biggest thing is that he feels bad that information is not faster and more accurate. But, he will tell me exactly what he knows...:thumbs:

But For you clgutk12, I'd say you have to go there and demand a bit. Don't get all upset -- but tell them what they have to do. They have all the information -- they just are not giving it out to you. That is not fair...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have been so lucky the GM at our Saturn Store is so "into" the SKY he just loves to talk about them. He will return an email to me and always cits & pastes the report on my car to his replies. Nscrbug met him Saturday and agrees. She even had him check on her car! (different store - same owner - he could not get in!). Turns out the two GM's are golfers...
The first time he called to tell me he was handling all SKY sales (My sales guy has to sell cars and SKY just eats up too much time), he spent neary an hour talking about the whole SKY set up and sales and the giant ball of wax. His biggest thing is that he feels bad that information is not faster and more accurate. But, he will tell me exactly what he knows...:thumbs:

But For you clgutk12, I'd say you have to go there and demand a bit. Don't get all upset -- but tell them what they have to do. They have all the information -- they just are not giving it out to you. That is not fair...

:agree: Rick is right...some GM's are more forthcoming with info than others. As Rick said...I met his GM on Saturday and had an hour long chat with him. HE was the one who offered to look up my order status...I didn't even ask him to. Unfortunately, he was unable to gain access to my dealer's (same owner as his dealer) information because of a recent change in the system. But gosh...just the fact that he was willing to look up my status AND I'm not even buying the car from him!! That says a LOT right there. I wish every Saturn dealership operated the way Rick's does. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would definitely not be rude to them but I think my Mom has a right to know since she did put a deposit on the car & will ultimately be buying one.

I'm trying to talk her into going down there & getting the print out of the event codes her car has gone through & her VIN. If she's invoiced -- they'll have a VIN, right? I just want her to have something in her hand that states exactly where the car is. It's just been a bunch of guessing games with these people.

It just sucks because when she imaged back in March they told her 6-8 weeks and she holds on to that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
i dont believe demanding printouts and proof is gonna help you any....some dealers will do it ..some wont...i never saw a scrap of paper on my car until i picked it up....even if you do have a print-out...its not gonna tell you when your car is gonna be done..in some cases it just seems to drive people crazy "why hasnt my code changed?" the only thing i can tell you is be patient...you are in a line and it will be your turn when all the people in front of you have been served....if waiting on a car built to your specifications is "ridiculous" perhaps you should buy something that is sitting on the lot instead of a limited production car. pretty much anybody who wants one is gonna have to wait a while
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Astronomer said:
i dont believe demanding printouts and proof is gonna help you any....some dealers will do it ..some wont...i never saw a scrap of paper on my car until i picked it up....even if you do have a print-out...its not gonna tell you when your car is gonna be done..in some cases it just seems to drive people crazy "why hasnt my code changed?" the only thing i can tell you is be patient...you are in a line and it will be your turn when all the people in front of you have been served....if waiting on a car built to your specifications is "ridiculous" perhaps you should buy something that is sitting on the lot instead of a limited production car. pretty much anybody who wants one is gonna have to wait a while
My Mom is second on the list & the first customer car to come in came in about a month & a half ago. I would have thought it would have been faster.

I don't think the whole process is ridiculous -- I just find that the salesmen that can get off telling the customer the car will be in within 6-8 weeks is ridiculous when they know it won't be that soon but they don't want to tell the customer any longer b/c they fear they won't buy the car.

My Mom was told 2 days ago it was invoiced. She had my step-dad call today & they told him it was released to carrier. Isn't that going backwards? :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
clgutk12 said:
My Mom is second on the list & the first customer car to come in came in about a month & a half ago. I would have thought it would have been faster.

I don't think the whole process is ridiculous -- I just find that the salesmen that can get off telling the customer the car will be in within 6-8 weeks is ridiculous when they know it won't be that soon but they don't want to tell the customer any longer b/c they fear they won't buy the car.

My Mom was told 2 days ago it was invoiced. She had my step-dad call today & they told him it was released to carrier. Isn't that going backwards? :banghead:
THAT'S the news you want to hear -- Invoiced - released, released - Invoiced -- who cares? It means the car is on its way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
THAT'S the news you want to hear -- Invoiced - released, released - Invoiced -- who cares? It means the car is on its way!
Alright, good!! :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top