Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for the topic first and couldn’t find the answer.
As I was working toward water pump replacement, I thought I would check everything out. Pulled the exhaust manifold heat shield off and noticed this space between each cylinder. Does this mean it is a cracked manifold and needs to be replaced? I am only asking because the 3rd picture is supposedly of the OEM manifold for the Sky and it looks to have the same space between cylinders? Is it supposed to look like that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for verifying my suspicion. I am new to these but so far enjoying the learning process.
On a slightly different note. One of the bolts broke off in the block when I was removing the manifold. Is there a drill out procedure (Drill bit size, kind of tap)? I was thinking of trying to drill a small hole and then use easy out, not sure if that’s a good idea though. And then what kind of replacement stud is required?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent about 2 days searching rock auto, gmpartsdirect, and a slew of other sites. What is the part number for the stud that mounts the turbo to the exhaust manifold? It is #12 in the link below, just don’t want it to come from U.K. ha! The closest stud I found is 11609953 but when I search it, it shows to be the stud between catalytic converter and the turbo?... unless it’s the same exact stud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts