Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I keep calling and asking questions about the Sky. I live in a suburb of LA and my dealer (nice nice guy, actually knows my dad since my dad manages at the dealership across the street), he told me that they only have 3 people with deposits, and they are FOR SURE getting 6 skys a month, so he said I can get one even with a deposit. He then said Saturn told him that they will not be able to order any cars, but they will get random colors and such, and people on the list with deposits will get first choice. I told him that I 'heard' (from you guys!) that people are placing actuall orders, and he laughed. SO, whats going on!?

He said they get the most Sky's a month because they are the top selling dealer. I will not say where I am!!! I really want my Sky.

·
Registered
74 Posts
skyguy85 said:
I told him that I 'heard' (from you guys!) that people are placing actuall orders, and he laughed. SO, whats going on!?

He said they get the most Sky's a month because they are the top selling dealer. I will not say where I am!!! I really want my Sky.

He's CRAZY!!:willy: I can tell you that I am in South Florida, very big car market down here, and YES we are personally ordering them!! One by one. However, my dealership informed me yesterday that they are slapping a $5K premium on every car. So, I am following a lead and taking my business elsewhere. If anyone on here is looking to by in Broward county, shop around because you are about to get hosed!!! All 4 dealerships in this county are owned by same corp. and ALL are adding $5K to price.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
So much for no haggle pricing:brentil:

·
Registered
74 Posts
nighttripper said:
So much for no haggle pricing:brentil:

LOL I am with you! But, there IS no haggling...you just pay the $5K!!!:lol: I am #1 there, but I WILL NOT pay over sticker just to get it sooner. So I found a smaller dealership 2 1/2 hours from my house and think I have an MSRP deal. Will find out today! And yes, I did call Saturn Corp. to report price gouging, and they said they can charge whatever they want for the car!:banghead:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
LOL I am with you! But, there IS no haggling...you just pay the $5K!!!:lol: I am #1 there, but I WILL NOT pay over sticker just to get it sooner. So I found a smaller dealership 2 1/2 hours from my house and think I have an MSRP deal. Will find out today! And yes, I did call Saturn Corp. to report price gouging, and they said they can charge whatever they want for the car!:banghead:
I wonder how GM feels about it when they are trying to make cars that are affordable :) and the dealers jackup the price:mad:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
does anyone know what the term "No Haggle" is?????
It does not mean they will sell at MSRP, it means you cannot argue over the price, what they set is what you pay.. period...
If you don't want to pay it go somewhere else, only way to stop it is if they can't sell their allotment, then Saturn will pull their allotment and send it to places that are selling them.....

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
does anyone know what the term "No Haggle" is?????
It does not mean they will sell at MSRP, it means you cannot argue over the price, what they set is what you pay.. period...
If you don't want to pay it go somewhere else, only way to stop it is if they can't sell their allotment, then Saturn will pull their allotment and send it to places that are selling them.....
The catch here is that Saturn's way is that if "Joe Blow" and "Jane Doe" both come in to Dealer 'XYZ' and want to buy a Sky, they will BOTH pay the same, whatever that price is. We all know that some Sky's will be sold at that particular store for $5k over MSRP but as time goes by they will NOT be able to sell them like that and they will not be operating under Saturn's Way!!! :mad: :nono: :mad:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
274 Posts
skyguy85 said:
So I keep calling and asking questions about the Sky. I live in a suburb of LA and my dealer (nice nice guy, actually knows my dad since my dad manages at the dealership across the street), he told me that they only have 3 people with deposits, and they are FOR SURE getting 6 skys a month, so he said I can get one even with a deposit. He then said Saturn told him that they will not be able to order any cars, but they will get random colors and such, and people on the list with deposits will get first choice. I told him that I 'heard' (from you guys!) that people are placing actuall orders, and he laughed. SO, whats going on!?

hey! man I know the felling! on the 1st 2 trips to my local dealer they said almost the same thing except he didn't say he was getting 6 a month... he said they didnt even know if the car was going to production... and if it was going to i would not have a chance to customize it...
but later on i called to give them one more chance before going to anear city and without knowing I talked to the owner (which in this case takes care of the inventory) and he said that he was putting the 1st image that day and that he was sorry that his sales persons didnt know about it. (and that I had 3 before me).... after talking to the guy in person he moved me to 1st (now that I try to make sense of that ... i think the others wanted automatic)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
The catch here is that Saturn's way is that if "Joe Blow" and "Jane Doe" both come in to Dealer 'XYZ' and want to buy a Sky, they will BOTH pay the same, whatever that price is. We all know that some Sky's will be sold at that particular store for $5k over MSRP but as time goes by they will NOT be able to sell them like that and they will not be operating under Saturn's Way!!! :mad: :nono: :mad:

Regards,

Well I don't do business with any dealer that will not sell at or below MSRP.
I went to the local pontiac website, and they had one Solstice listed for 23,145... so I looked at the option list and then went to ther pontiac website and built one with those options, it came out to 21,145, so they are marking them up 2000 dollars...
If you nothice though Saturn does not push that fact everyone pays the same price any more, they just say no haggle... and all that means is whatever they tell you the price is that is what you pay....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Expect Dealers to do stupid things the first 6 months. Just wait if you don't want to pay, they will lower prices when no one is buying.

·
Registered
149 Posts
skyguy85 said:
He then said Saturn told him that they will not be able to order any cars, but they will get random colors and such, and people on the list with deposits will get first choice
Here in the metro Richmond VA (& and one tidewater VA dealership ) area it is the same way except that this dealer is not taking any deposits. The owner has three Saturn dealerships and will be getting 6 Sky's that have been optioned out by each store manager. They claim it will be a first come, first sold. The store manager I spoke with said they did not want another Solstice situation. I don't know how this will work out, but it should be interesting. I want a Redline, so it might be another 9 months before I even will have a chance to order it. So it goes...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
He's CRAZY!!:willy: I can tell you that I am in South Florida, very big car market down here, and YES we are personally ordering them!! One by one. However, my dealership informed me yesterday that they are slapping a $5K premium on every car. So, I am following a lead and taking my business elsewhere. If anyone on here is looking to by in Broward county, shop around because you are about to get hosed!!! All 4 dealerships in this county are owned by same corp. and ALL are adding $5K to price.
I bought my first new car at King's in Ft Lauderdale in 1969..it is a shame they have stooped to this.I still own a home in Lauderdale and winter there (Ohio in the summer) and will never step into their showroom again knowing that they are charging $5k over MSRP :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
skyguy85 said:

Well I called two dealers yesterday in LA area and they both stated that they did not think they will be able to custom order. One also said they were the top dealer in the area? I am starting to believe [Sales people on this Site excepted] that Saturn car sales people are no less full of :bs: then any other car sales people. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
richmcc said:
I am starting to believe [Sales people on this Site excepted] that Saturn car sales people are no less full of :bs: then any other car sales people. :brentil:
Thanks for the exemption!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep, where I work was going to charge MSRP until they found out that every other store was marking them up an average of $2000 each so now we are at MSRP +$2000.

That just means I'm even more resolute in patiently waiting for a Redline SKY (and by the time I buy it I'll get GMS on it or stay in my 02 SL2. I'm in no hurry. I already have a super-fast car, but it has a top)

·
Registered
22 Posts
YOur dealer is wrong. Orders are being placed and I'm number 11, Number 1 & 2 has placed an order in January and I'm still waiting. Most likely April or May.

Stay in tuned to this site, we have much more information then the dealerships. Actual information.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Galpin?

A fellow from Galpin mentioned this "no order" tripe to me, and I called him down on it. "You'e a disorganized fool," I told him. "I don't think you know what you're talking about and your tie is a clip-on."

I've still had no ordering news from Victoria Club city, and I've called the powers a number of times. California dealers, where are your scruples?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
WDI-SKY said:
A fellow from Galpin mentioned this "no order" tripe to me, and I called him down on it. "You'e a disorganized fool," I told him. "I don't think you know what you're talking about and your tie is a clip-on."

I've still had no ordering news from Victoria Club city, and I've called the powers a number of times. California dealers, where are your scruples?
Actually, I have been told by Galpin that they will accept custom orders, but at a hefty overcharge!

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Msrp

In Florida go North I'm in Ft. Walton Beach. the Pensacola Saturn is still takin Deposits and will only sell MSRP in Writing. They will get 25 car 12 on the list, but over half have to wait for Auto...Seal9

1 - 19 of 19 Posts