Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i seem to get conflicting info from my sat guy here in LA, what is the real poop on ordering??? are real, final, orders being taken yet? or whats the deal?

spring is here in LA already, and i thought id have this car by now, as i put in a deposit in september....

could have had a solstice by now, as the dealers here have called me numerous times, and they will take close to list.... but i think the Sky is really a knockout....

anyway> WHERE ARE THE SATURN DEALERS HERE IN THIS FORUM???

HERES THE VIDEO FROM SATURN THAT I GOT ON THE FLASH USB DEVICE

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is a good looking car. I guess it depends on how bad you need a new one.
If my brother didn't talk me into going to the car show I wouldn't know about it till I started seeing it on the street. By then their production could keep up with the flow & they wouldn't look stupid for over supplying a obviously limited market.
There will be chick cars a plenty shortly.
Easy,,,. Any car that they dig & you can squeese a couple into is a chick car.
I think.
I'd say wait for that challenger but I'm not a mopar fan. Not much of a fan on waiting either. Might have to get down to the Ford dealer. I''d hate to have to tell my grandkids what I was rolling in when gas was $2.25

till 2012

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skybuy said:
as i seem to get conflicting info from my sat guy here in LA, what is the real poop on ordering??? are real, final, orders being taken yet? or whats the deal?

spring is here in LA already, and i thought id have this car by now, as i put in a deposit in september....

could have had a solstice by now, as the dealers here have called me numerous times, and they will take close to list.... but i think the Sky is really a knockout....

OFFICIALLY it is not spring until March 20th. so don;t look for any cars before then, maybe the dealer demos and the ones the dealers sold as their demos.. but that is still a couple weeks off in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Talked to my dealer yesterday and he said that they have already started calling customers off their list and out of the 1st 8, only 1 has actually come and and placed their order.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skybuy said:

SKYBUY -- dude -- here :chill:
Is it Spring yet?? SKYs will be out for Spring of 2006.... Calm -
Relax...
A few cleansing breaths.... :drool: er :chill:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
SKYBUY -- dude -- here :chill:
Is it Spring yet?? SKYs will be out for Spring of 2006.... Calm -
Relax...
A few cleansing breaths.... :drool: er :chill:
Giving birth as a male isn't easy :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
RickKappa said:
Is it just me, or does Jill Lajdziak have some really weird facial expressions in that video clip?
It's not just you. I watched it over and over and decided they must have had to do about 300 takes before they got that one right, and by the time they did, she was so stuck on her diction she became a little over animated (or over medicated).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just ORDERED my SKY a few minutes ago. I was 2nd on the dealer list. They have no clue when their demo will arrive much less my car. I'm shooting for May 1st...sooner will be nicer!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
SATN SKY said:
It's not just you. I watched it over and over and decided they must have had to do about 300 takes before they got that one right, and by the time they did, she was so stuck on her diction she became a little over animated (or over medicated).
Yikees !!! :eek:

This is actually the GM of a company?? Seriously?? :lol: :lol:

She REALLY need to work on her PR skills. This woman is putting way too much fake enthusiasm into every single thought. I thought that her eyebrows were going to leap off her face.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jill in the Video

I agree she has a mixture of pain and excitement in the video clip. You know, she looks a little on the chunky side. Perhaps she was holding her stomach in while she was talking. That would make anyone uncomfortable.............

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I donno guys - I say we give Jill a break.

Imagine how insane any of US would look like in that video!

Here we are foaming at the mouths waiting for our cars...

:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey if she pulled up into my driveway with a Yellow SKY and gave me the keys... You'd be talkin' about my future wife!:cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Hey if she pulled up into my driveway with a Yellow SKY and gave me the keys... You'd be talkin' about my future wife!:cool:
:eek: umm.. no comment

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just left Motor City Saturn here in Bakersfield a few minutes ago. They already have 15 Skys on order! I bet their allotment will not even cover that. They are only asking for a $500 down payment but I think I will try to find another dealer without so many on the list already.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Songman said:
I just left Motor City Saturn here in Bakersfield a few minutes ago. They already have 15 Skys on order! I bet their allotment will not even cover that. They are only asking for a $500 down payment but I think I will try to find another dealer without so many on the list already.
On order?? I doubt that -- they have deposits from 15 people who WANT to order -- At best from what I have read - only 2-3 may be "on order".... There are no more than 2-3 images per dealer released as of yet...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
On order?? I doubt that -- they have deposits from 15 people who WANT to order -- At best from what I have read - only 2-3 may be "on order".... There are no more than 2-3 images per dealer released as of yet...
According to one dealer I have talked to, the way they look at it is anyone that has a deposit down has a car on order....Maybe that is how they all look at it...:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes.. They mean attempted order.. That does not mean that the order has been accepted into the system. But it puts enough people ahead of me that I will try to find another dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts