This guy couldn't believe this was a Saturn:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
denette said:
great pic...good thing the badges are still on the back...:lol:
Actually it still had the paper dealer tag with Saturn all over it. This guy had to take a close look to believe it was a Saturn. He was really shocked when I told him 27k out the door.

·
Registered
218 Posts
...same thing with the Sol...gawker compares to $50K cars then finds out it's GM...I just hate the attitude some cop when they find out it's a domestic under $25K....go figure :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
LOL, I wish I had a nickel everytime someone bent down to take a closer look at that emblem! :cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
My husband and I are always hit with "What is it" and "How much is it" also. I told my husband I felt bad telling the cost because it is so affordable and I don't want to think about it ever losing it's uniquiness. He changed his standard answer now for the cost to "Less than a Ferrari". :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Say "less than a Miata" and watch them puke!

Actually, one of my first days out I was catching the admiring stares of a Porsche Cabrio. The guy looked it over and said, "That's gorgeous!"

After confessing that I've always been a Porsche fan I added, "But I got this for twenty-five!" He smacked his forehead with the heel of his hand and drove off...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Same went for us on our test drive

I took out a red Sky from the dealership and took it to my work. I came out with a couple of co-workers and there is a guy talking to my wife not believing that it is a saturn. About that moment I turned to grin at my 2 supervisors and they were standing staring with thier mouths open.....Later one of them joked that they are paying me too much.....oh well, no cost of living raise for me......:cool:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bumsky2 said:
My husband and I are always hit with "What is it" and "How much is it" also. I told my husband I felt bad telling the cost because it is so affordable and I don't want to think about it ever losing it's uniquiness. He changed his standard answer now for the cost to "Less than a Ferrari". :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've been telling people "less than our Toyota Highlander". I like "less than a Ferrari" better. I think I'll use that too. Thanks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bumsky2 said:
how about less that a ferrari's rear view mirror LOL

·
Registered
273 Posts
GaryH said:
This guy couldn't believe this was a Saturn:D
Gary are those the polished aluminum wheel are the standard wheels on your car? Thanks

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ShowMeSky said:
Gary are those the polished aluminum wheel are the standard wheels on your car? Thanks
Standard painted wheels. I think they look good on silver pearl. If I were getting a darker color like black or midnight blue I would go with the chrome. The demo at the dealer was chili pepper with chrome and was beautiful. But, like I've said before, I don't think they make an ugly Sky.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A guy at my insurance agent was on the list for a Sky but his wife wanted more trunk space so he bought a BMW Z4. When I drove it in after taking delivery he was so jealous he was salivating. I thought that said alot so I'm sticking with "less than a z4" as my answer.
Lisa

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
pdxskygirl said:
A guy at my insurance agent was on the list for a Sky but his wife wanted more trunk space so he bought a BMW Z4. When I drove it in after taking delivery he was so jealous he was salivating. I thought that said alot so I'm sticking with "less than a z4" as my answer.
Lisa
I guess a po boy like me can't afford that extra 30K for trunk space. I wonder if I could knock out the back up light and install a trailer hitch so I could tow one of them little motorcycle trailers. I'm surprised that Skip hasn't already thought of that.:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
GaryH said:
I guess a po boy like me can't afford that extra 30K for trunk space. I wonder if I could knock out the back up light and install a trailer hitch so I could tow one of them little motorcycle trailers. I'm suprised that Skip hasn't already thought of that.:lol:
Nah I just hitch up the dogs an tell them we are goin fir a long walk an keep up now. Ol Two Teeth gets ta growlin at 45 mph. An Fartblossom dun hit her stride at 50 mph, but ya dont want ta be behind her nun. Ya know gas an all. Skip.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
GaryH said:
Standard painted wheels. I think they look good on silver pearl. If I were getting a darker color like black or midnight blue I would go with the chrome. The demo at the dealer was chili pepper with chrome and was beautiful. But, like I've said before, I don't think they make an ugly Sky.
I agree that's what's coming on my sky also silver pearl, I wanted the chrome and still do if I can find some for sale. The picture of your car in the driveway, is the picture that I couldn't really tell if they were painted or polished aluminum, beautiful car with the painted wheels

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GaryH said:
I guess a po boy like me can't afford that extra 30K for trunk space. I wonder if I could knock out the back up light and install a trailer hitch so I could tow one of them little motorcycle trailers. I'm surprised that Skip hasn't already thought of that.:lol:
I posted an idea a long time ago about making the center back up light either a plug in unit or a flip up unit with a receiver behind it for a hitch....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
I posted an idea a long time ago about making the center back up light either a plug in unit or a flip up unit with a receiver behind it for a hitch....
Tim, I'm praying for you guys. Hang tough.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
usmc said:
LOL, I wish I had a nickel everytime someone bent down to take a closer look at that emblem! :cheers:

YOU and ME both... i may have 3 by now..... they just cant beleive it.... but, of course... i PROUDLY... say.. WHY YES... IT IS A SATURN.... SkyBaby-07 then i let them gawk some more.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts