Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ShahulX said:
anyone drive a base sky? how bad is the top to get up and down?
The top is a small amount of work to get up and down, in all once you get used to it the Sky can go topless in 10 seconds or so.

When putting the top up, you do have to get out of the car AND walk around to the opposite site to press in the anchors on the roof. The final step takes a decent pull to get the top in to position to close the latch

When putting the top down you press the trunk release. The anchors release automatically when you do this and the top cracks open. From with in the car you can un hook the latch, push back hop out and finish the push in to the trunk before firmly shutting the lid.

It is not much effort (though clearly more than an automatic or a throw back top like a VW cabrio) and once you get used to the motions as I said it goes through in seconds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:thumbs: tranny is 5 speed at least for '07 production models
top was easy! I can do it single handed in under 30 sec. needed to push on the clam shell to close it tight (i thought i closed it but driver infocenter said "trunk open" or something like that. just poped it open and firmly closed it. piece a cake!
plenty of head room with top up (i am 6'2" 250lb) i fit ok but at least for me big blind spot on my rear left, but i am used to drive with mirrors only on my other trucks/carsplus this is convertable!
ilber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts