Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering it's going to be an active hurricane season, can the roof stay intact withou flying away. I'm sure it's O.K. up to the car's top speed. What about above that? I also have taken into account debis such as tree branches and roof tiles. If anybody has had any experiences with any of their other convertables I would like to here your stories. :eek:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Knightsky said:
Considering it's going to be an active hurricane season, can the roof stay intact withou flying away. I'm sure it's O.K. up to the car's top speed. What about above that? I also have taken into account debis such as tree branches and roof tiles. If anybody has had any experiences with any of their other convertables I would like to here your stories. :eek:
to protect both you and your Sky I say the best thing you can do is head inland and north when you get a hurricane notice... I don't think the top is all you need to worry about in a hurricane.... Yours and your family's lives are much more important...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Knightsky said:
This is why you have comprehensive coverage on your automobile policy. Roof tiles, falling trees and other windborn debris can do a number on ANY vehicle... not just convertibles. If you can't deal with the possiblity of damage, find a garage to put your car in when hurricanes threaten.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Knightsky said:
The roof is pretty durable if you are just talking about small branches and random pieces of debris. I guess it could rip (would it scratch?) or puncture.

And say it does... does anyone know how much it would be to get a new roof? Maybe even, hurricane damage aside, if you decided to change roof colors?

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are stuck in a hurricane you will have a lot more to worry about than your vehicle. Garages were meant for cars and I that is what I do with my vehicles. They have survived several hurricanes in the past, most minimal. Hope you have a garage for yours or can borrow one in case a "Cane" comes through your area.:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
You could also park your car in a shopping mall garage for the time during the hurricane if you dont have a garage where you live.

I had the top replaced on my mustang a few years ago, that cost about $900, had a glass rear window as well. Not sure what they would cost on the Sky though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Knightsky said:
Bye, Bye top. What about the car's top speed sideways? No can do! A popcicle stick can go through your window or top at hurricane speed. Not to mention another car being blown on top of yours. yeah :eek: Get out of town on the first warning...fast!

·
Registered
945 Posts
what idiot :willy: would even consider driving in the middle of a force 4 or 5 hurricane

store the car in a safe place if you can

would you chase a twister in your car

I've driven 85 in my SOL with the top up...it's noisy but that's about it

we are pretty aerodynamically tuned for the top

1 - 9 of 9 Posts