Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Sky being delivered with no spair tire, what is included with the car? Does it come with a lug wrench? Can of fix a flat?:confused:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
With the Sky being delivered with no spair tire, what is included with the car? Does it come with a lug wrench? Can of fix a flat?:confused:
Can of fix-a-flat and 12 volt DC air compressor. Also Onstar for the pothole from hell that tears the tire and rim up and can't be repaired.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The SKY has no spare -- where would you put it (roof mount - kind of Range Rover style from the movie Hatri??)
You must sign a release stating that you will not have any flats (Ok -- Kidding!!)

Really many cars (alright SOME) cars are spare-less now a days...
Months ago the question was asked -- when did you last have a flat? For most of us it was 5 years or more!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Really many cars (alright SOME) cars are spare-less now a days...
True but a lot of those spare-less cars come with runflat tires (the vette comes to mind).

It is true that a flat is not a common occurance but personally I'd like to atleast have a spare at home that someone could bring me if needed. Any idea how much 1 of the stock wheels and tires cost?

·
Registered
804 Posts
True but a lot of those spare-less cars come with runflat tires (the vette comes to mind).

It is true that a flat is not a common occurance but personally I'd like to atleast have a spare at home that someone could bring me if needed. Any idea how much 1 of the stock wheels and tires cost?
Last I checked, the same tire had a cost between $210 and $290 each.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Do a search for rims. I seem to remember some for sale.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can buy run flat tires as well, a bit more pricey but they are an option. Look at Tire Rack.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You might want to check out some older posts...

The runflat question has come up several times...the biggest con is ride comfort........

·
Registered
4 Posts
tire road hazard cost

I ordered a sky and there was a $1495 cost for road hazard tire and rim damage. If the tire or rim gets damaged they both are replaced free for I think it was 5 years. I told him I didn't want it and was told I have no choice in the matter. I think the price includes paint and body corrosion and the tire hazard. I was told since no spare then car may end up with rims being damaged and the rins will cost around $600 from parts dept.
Anyone else told this when they ordered their sky?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
personally, on a car like this, if i'm going to purchase a spare rim and tire to keep at home.......why spend the money on a stock rim and $200 goodyear tire?

Most spares are donuts, and not full sized anymore. So why spend 300+ when you can just go to a junk yard, but an older rim that'll fit, and go to a local tire place and get whatever cheap tire that'll match the size requirements of the stock sky wheel?

If it's a spare, it'll only be on for a week or two til the real wheel is fixed...so who needs a pretty spare? lol......I say save yourself the money

·
Registered
514 Posts
I ordered a sky and there was a $1495 cost for road hazard tire and rim damage. If the tire or rim gets damaged they both are replaced free for I think it was 5 years. I told him I didn't want it and was told I have no choice in the matter. I think the price includes paint and body corrosion and the tire hazard. I was told since no spare then car may end up with rims being damaged and the rins will cost around $600 from parts dept.
Anyone else told this when they ordered their sky?
Man you got ripped off by your dealer. :eek:

·
Registered
197 Posts

I just bought a cheap wheel and tire from Discount Tire to keep at home. $400. I'll call my wife to bring it in my truck if it seems like OnStar is going to take too long. I live out in the country a ways.

·
Registered
138 Posts

I recently had to replace two tires and two painted aluminum wheels. Tires were 292.58 each and the wheels were 375.00 each. They were ordered and installed by my dealership here in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
who is buying run flats

just wondering how they ride..........on a kappa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts