Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is this really true?[OnStar w/ 1 yr svc, 18" alloy wheels, 6 disc Stereo: std opts?]

hey guys, i got this off the saturn.com website 'OnStar(R) with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan*, 18-inch alloy wheels, six-speaker CD stereo,' is this really true? i thought this was an extra option that you had to purchase. any of you know? (most likely). please let me know. thanks.

Devin.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That is all standard equipment

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
That's not all

HotSky said:
It was hard for me to believe too. I got one and its a fact.
Because of the On-Star you even get a "hands free" phone with 30 min. included for the first month. as a first time user you can buy an additional 100 min. for about $15 (I think) good for the entire year. It is a satellite phone and will work anywhere in the US as far as I know. Don't know about Canada.

·
Registered
262 Posts
blackenedsky said:
hey guys, i got this off the saturn.com website 'OnStar(R) with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan*, 18-inch alloy wheels, six-speaker CD stereo,' is this really true? i thought this was an extra option that you had to purchase. any of you know? (most likely). please let me know. thanks.
Devin.
You better check,
alloy wheels> Does that mean "painted alloy wheels" not "chrome" alloy wheels?

6 speakers> Not 6 disk changer with monsoon system upgrade.

'OnStar(R) with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan, but that is NOT the more expensive "Directions & Connections" plan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright, thanks for your input guys like hotsky says it is hard for him to believe it too. at least i wasnt the only one.:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
You better check,

'OnStar(R) with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan, but that is NOT the more expensive "Directions & Connections" plan
I got the 795.00 chrome 18"wheels and basic onstar and not the monsoon radio

·
Registered
262 Posts
Seagull said:
It is a satellite phone and will work anywhere in the US as far as I know. Don't know about Canada.
Because of the On-Star you even get a "hands free" phone with 30 min. included for the first month.
I don't think it is a "satellite" phone. I thought that it uses regular analog (soon [Jan,08?] to be phased out) and digital cell phone towers.

According to Onstar's website, "Remember that these 30 minutes are only available during the first 2 months of service."

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
I don't think it is a "satellite" phone. I thought that it uses regular analog (soon [Jan,08?] to be phased out) and digital cell phone towers.

According to Onstar's website, "Remember that these 30 minutes are only available during the first 2 months of service."
That's correct. OnStar is not a satellite phone. Here's what OnStar has to say on its website:

"OnStar Service works using cellular or other wireless phone networks in the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada, as well as the Global Positioning System ("GPS") satellite network. OnStar services are not available everywhere, particularly in enclosed or remote areas."

"As illustrated by this map, OnStar service can't work unless your Car is in a place where we have an agreement with a wireless service provider for service in that area. OnStar service also can't work unless you're in a place where the wireless service provider we've hired for that area has coverage, network capacity, and reception when the service is needed, and technology that's compatible with the OnStar service. OnStar service that involves location information about your Car can't work unless GPS satellite signals are unobstructed and available in that place as well."

See the coverage map here: http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/coverage_map.jsp

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
You better check,

They're all alloy wheels. You just have different finishes on the alloy wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts