Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well after reading enough horror stories about Skys never showing up, being ridiculously delayed, etc, etc. I'm goin to be ordering a Sky Redline, at this point I'm seriously considering ordering it from as many dealerships as I can in the area, and actually paying for the one that gets here first.


I don't want to feel like I'm wasting the salesman's time, but at the same time, this decreases the odds to being almost obsolete that the end of the year could roll around and I still wouldn't have it (considering the supposed fall release date).

Recommended, not recommended, why or why not?
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Freakazoid said:
Alright well after reading enough horror stories about Skys never showing up, being ridiculously delayed, etc, etc. I'm goin to be ordering a Sky Redline, at this point I'm seriously considering ordering it from as many dealerships as I can in the area, and actually paying for the one that gets here first.


I don't want to feel like I'm wasting the salesman's time, but at the same time, this decreases the odds to being almost obsolete that the end of the year could roll around and I still wouldn't have it (considering the supposed fall release date).

Recommended, not recommended, why or why not?
Well since most of us have cash in hand when we order, I doubt a salesperson will take your order without $500-$1000 down. The stories we've heard suggest that most people have gotten a refund that change their minds if they cancel though. I guess you could go that route if you can afford it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rick112 said:
Well since most of us have cash in hand when we order, I doubt a salesperson will take your order without $500-$1000 down. The stories we've heard suggest that most people have gotten a refund that change their minds if they cancel though. I guess you could go that route if you can afford it.
yea the deposit I'm anticipating and have already started doing.

First dealership said they'd cash it, no biggy for me, they haven't cashed it yet.
Second dealership hasn't actually started a list yet, but they said they don't cash it.
Third dealership is the same as the second.

Sorta weird imo to take a deposit and not cash it, but I can guess I can see the point
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Your choice

Freakazoid said:
Alright well after reading enough horror stories about Skys never showing up, being ridiculously delayed, etc, etc. I'm goin to be ordering a Sky Redline, at this point I'm seriously considering ordering it from as many dealerships as I can in the area, and actually paying for the one that gets here first.


I don't want to feel like I'm wasting the salesman's time, but at the same time, this decreases the odds to being almost obsolete that the end of the year could roll around and I still wouldn't have it (considering the supposed fall release date).

Recommended, not recommended, why or why not?

If Agirltruckers information is correct, and GM is holding deliveries until a suspension problem gets addressed, then I'm behind them for wanting to ensure they ship the best product possible.
I know waiting is hard, but sometimes it's best....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carnut said:
If Agirltruckers information is correct, and GM is holding deliveries until a suspension problem gets addressed, then I'm behind them for wanting to ensure they ship the best product possible.
I know waiting is hard, but sometimes it's best....:)
lol oh yea, it's not that, it's just a little bit of everythin that could make me waiting more.

like i know one group of dealerships here got their Sky like 2 weeks before the other one, stuff like that, if I'm first on the list, I'm goi to be pissed off if I drive by the competition and see one on their lot!!! :mad:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
The wait is killing me but I want as many of the problems worked out as possible. Even though they seem to be minor.

I wonder why the Solstice didn't seem to have the reported suspension problem the Sky seems to be having.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Did I miss something here? Can you explain what kind of "suspension" problems the sky is having? Is there a hold on the car for that right now? I would much rather wait it out and let them fix the problem before my car arrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Freakazoid you may be actually doing some people a favor by doing that! I say take $1500 and split 3 ways and go to 3 different dealers to order the car and then when the first one comes in go collect your deposit back and that will allow someone else to get their car (only limitation is it has to be color and options they want). I don't think you are being greedy (but that is my opinion) to do that at 2-3 dealerships because God knows when each one will get theirs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tiger20005 said:
Freakazoid you may be actually doing some people a favor by doing that! I say take $1500 and split 3 ways and go to 3 different dealers to order the car and then when the first one comes in go collect your deposit back and that will allow someone else to get their car (only limitation is it has to be color and options they want). I don't think you are being greedy (but that is my opinion) to do that at 2-3 dealerships because God knows when each one will get theirs.

well that's exactly it, but I'm thinking about changing the options slightly from place to place, or at least the color, I don't wanna see 2 clones of my car in the same area!!!! :-O lol. Only problem is 2 of the dealerships are still completely in the air about how they're goin to handle the SRL, other one already took my money and is just waiting for the go ahead to place the order
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
tolaiz said:
Did I miss something here? Can you explain what kind of "suspension" problems the sky is having? Is there a hold on the car for that right now? I would much rather wait it out and let them fix the problem before my car arrives.
I believe suspension in relation to the Wheel Rub --- I think I read in one of the "trouble" threads that SOL did have the problem and that the poster was surprised that it re-emerged in SKY...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Suspension Problems

:) Thanks Rick, now I do remember reading about the wheel rub. Appreciate your info. I'm in no rush, the longer it takes the more we save!! And hopefully the problems will have been fixed by then.
Theresa
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top