2009 Saturn sky roadster
70k miles
$12k
Automatic 5 speed w/ overdrive
4cyl - 2.4L
Silver color, Charcoal leather - good condition
Car overall in good condition

From a car dealer.

Its purpose: This would be my daily driver. I have a long commute to work, so was looking for a 4 cyl with low miles that is good on gas to use. I also love the way the sky looks.

I would prefer the red/black interior and a black exterior... Not sure if I should wait or just take whats available since theyre hard to come by. I'll have car painted if I get it so I'll have to factor that into the cost.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
At 70K....these cars begin to have issues...but u are purchasing a NA which is a plus...and it seems u have some extra cash...go for it. Remember, we are spending YOUR money. LOL
My N/A has over 170k miles and still runs well. Interior and top still looks nice and almost new, doesn't leak or burn oil, A/C is cold and automatic shifts fine. Had to replace the camshaft solenoids, thermostat, turn signal lever, battery, interior door handles and a few light bulbs. The paint was faded on the upper surfaces that I had repaired. Replaced a few key fob shells, broken antenna base from car wash and window regulator from dealership incident. Ran a ground wire from engine to frame that repaired the low voltage that caused the passenger seat sensor code and other gremlins. Replaced tires and brake pads, filters and oil. Still love it and would drive it anywhere.

·
Registered
18,771 Posts
My N/A has over 170k miles and still runs well. Interior and top still looks nice and almost new, doesn't leak or burn oil, A/C is cold and automatic shifts fine. Had to replace the camshaft solenoids, thermostat, turn signal lever, battery, interior door handles and a few light bulbs. The paint was faded on the upper surfaces that I had repaired. Replaced a few key fob shells, broken antenna base from car wash and window regulator from dealership incident. Ran a ground wire from engine to frame that repaired the low voltage that caused the passenger seat sensor code and other gremlins. Replaced tires and brake pads, filters and oil. Still love it and would drive it anywhere.
According to your experiences 70K is a KEEPER

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a neighbor (Wisconsin summer home) that has an 08 Solstice w/40k that really wants my 08 Dakota Sport Crew Cab 4x4 V8 w/70k. Rarely use the truck with the exception of towing the utility trailer to the transfer site.
Very tempted to have his/her Kappa cars. Ducky, the Kappa platform is a very alluring and addictive mistress, even having one, the siren song call often makes us so foolish things. Buy the best condition car that you can afford. Both Matthew, Mike and sahein offer terrific advice. Looking forward to hearing what you decide to do…….- Bill

·
Registered
86 Posts
You may need to drive a bit to get what you want. Prices vary by region A LOT. Try facebook market place. I found three redlines and a NA all with under 50k miles within three hours drive of me in south TX and one back in MN thats 20 minutes from me thats a slush box brother to the one I'm going to be looking at today. All under 13 grand with clean carfax. Cargurus,Carfax, Edmonds, Iseecars and a couple others will probably overwhelm you with options.
Color seems to a small factor. If the blue one does not come home or we don't agree to the $$$ as transfering $$ is a pain with holiday and extended check money release isuues(10 days) I will hike up to look at the forest green at a dealer. Slush box is a premium as the newer generation has lost the art or never been introduced to the old school craft-art. 07 to 09 does not seem to matter as they are all over 10 years old. Having a 06 Sol has given me some insight as to the mechanics of them. The NA 2.4 is very robust just know the signs of timing chain that may pop up over 100k miles. I lost my HHR to that issue. Lot of replacement parts for the engine. My Sky venture has been on the burner close to a month now
Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
2009 Saturn sky roadster
70k miles
$12k
Automatic 5 speed w/ overdrive
4cyl - 2.4L
Silver color, Charcoal leather - good condition
Car overall in good condition

From a car dealer.

Its purpose: This would be my daily driver. I have a long commute to work, so was looking for a 4 cyl with low miles that is good on gas to use. I also love the way the sky looks.

I would prefer the red/black interior and a black exterior... Not sure if I should wait or just take whats available since theyre hard to come by. I'll have car painted if I get it so I'll have to factor that into the cost.
My turbocharged Sky Redline with 72k miles cost me $9,000 a year and a half ago. I personally wouldn't consider this a good deal, but I also haven't had to buy a car in this market.

·
Registered
07 Redline 5sp
96 Posts
I would't buy a Sky as my daily driver.....With all the parking lot door dings I get at work, convertible top in bad weather, and tiny trunk/storage space .....I'd rather use my Saturn Ion 4 door to go to work.... The Sky is my home toy that I like to keep pristine.... $12k is a tad spendy...but if the War Dept approves it...I'd go for it..!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided not to get the car... Not exactly what I want as far as color and interior, and at that price point not worth it to make the mods I want. I'll wait for the right one to come along, either perfectly what I'm seeking, or a lower cost that make doing the mods worth it.

I would't buy a Sky as my daily driver.....With all the parking lot door dings I get at work, convertible top in bad weather, and tiny trunk/storage space .....I'd rather use my Saturn Ion 4 door to go to work.... The Sky is my home toy that I like to keep pristine.... $12k is a tad spendy...but if the War Dept approves it...I'd go for it..!!!!
I have another car (Hummer) and I've made a lot of mods to it. So that one is my "baby" and the one i prefer not to drive daily. My current daily driver is a 2000 tacoma with 280k miles thats on its last legs. Im looking to replace the tacoma with another daily driver. i do think the sky is worthy of being the "baby" but i cant have 2 of 'em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts