Saturn Sky Forum banner

Are you a previous Saturn Owner

• I am a Loyal Saturn owner and would not buy the Sky if it was another Brand

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I owned Saturns before, but I would buy a Sky no matter what!

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • This will be my first Saturn I ever bought.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Before the Sky, I would never consider buying a Saturn.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I just want to view the Poll Results

Votes: 2 2.2%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have owned several mostly SC2 coupes but my brother and mother both have VUEs. My image just went to event 30!:willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have bought a few, SKY will be #11 in 9 yrs. Currently own '04 L300.3 & wife has an 04 VUE. Just bought son an 06 ION R/L Coupe. Other son got an 06 Relay, Daughter gets wifes VUE when AURA is delivered in June #12.
Will get dealer image on SKY R/L next year #13

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I have always loved my Saturn - amazing car - 130,000 later and I plan to keep it. :D

The only problems that I have had with Saturn were with some of the Dealers... But I guess you will run into that with any car company!:nono:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
First Saturn for me. Currently drive a 99 VW Beetle. Before that...90 Honda Accord (best car to date that I've ever owned), 89 Camaro, 88 Grand Am, 78 Monte Carlo. I'm hoping my Sky is better than my other GM cars that I've owned. :driving:

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Sky will be my third Saturn. I had a '97 SL1 and currently own a '05 Ion 3 Quad Coupe. Can't wait! You know what they say - third time's a charm! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh, I should add that the Sky will be the 8th Saturn owned between me and my immediate family!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been looking for a roadster forever

Couldn't find anything that was within price reason for a "dads Toy" that I truely thought was exciting. Then I spotted the Sky!!!! :thumbs: I about gave up!! Thanks G.M. Keep it up!!!! Waited once for 6 months for a Sierra 4X4 extended. At #29 I will most likely beat that record with the Sky, but it will be well worth the wait.:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
This will be our 2nd Saturn. First one was a Medium Blue 1991 SL, bare bone, $8400 out the door. Loved that car. We ran it for 14 years and had 246000 miles on it. Gave it to charity when we bought our Town & Country minivan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OOOPPS Sorry...

vairman said:
Couldn't find anything that was within price reason for a "dads Toy" that I truely thought was exciting. Then I spotted the Sky!!!! :thumbs: I about gave up!! Thanks G.M. Keep it up!!!! Waited once for 6 months for a Sierra 4X4 extended. At #29 I will most likely beat that record with the Sky, but it will be well worth the wait.:D
The Sky will be my first Saturn ever, although I have almost always been with G.M.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I've said it here before and I'll say it again... I loved the Saturn concept of dealing with customers and the Saturn store. I wanted to buy a Saturn but I hated the design. I couldn't stand it. From the ugly front end to the embossed Saturn logo in the rear bumper. I hated it all.

I was looking for a Kool little roadster and was about to pick up a used SLK 230 when a friend of mine (who will get the first ride in my new car after my wife gives me my first ride in my new car) showed me the Sky and I was hooked... I ran home that night go show Laura the car we were going to by. There was no argument and we were getting a Sky!

I like to Aura and I can't wait to see the Outlook. Our lease will end on our Explorer this year and we will probably pick up another one. We love it. Nice vehicle. But somewhere in the back of my mind (not to far back) is the Outlook. We may extend our lease anyway and perhaps if the Outlook is a looker like her baby sister....Perhaps I'll be a two Saturn owner!

·
Registered
275 Posts
SKY RKT said:
I have owned several mostly SC2 coupes but my brother and mother both have VUEs. My image just went to event 30!:willy:
Wow SKY RKT we've ordered identical cars except I got the spoiler! Mine went 30 on March 19th. I think you're the closest forum member I've seen in proximity to Houston! What dealership are you dealing with if you don't mind my asking? Oops, forgot to add, this will be my first Saturn.

·
Registered
669 Posts
5th Saturn

This will be our 5th Saturn

My first (still have it) is a 2001 SL, standard and very basic 74,000 miles, no problems, oil changes, etc. only.

Our Second was a 2004 ION berry red. Wanted a VUE, but just couldn't afford it at the time. We had it 6 months and my wife rolled it with the family inside. The three of us walked away with only seat belt injuries. The passenger compartment remained intact, the electric windows still worked.

Using GAP insurance we were able to purchase 2005 VUE. My wife's favorite vehicle! One year old now with 45,000 miles.

Looking for a car for our 16 year old. Drove into Saturn dealership wanting to see if they had a Sky yet. (two weeks ago). They didn't, but showed us a 2006 ION 2.4 berry red, spoiler, auto, sun roof, XM radio, everything! Had to get it! Ok...so my son's spoiled...

Sky will be #5. Hope it comes soon!

UPDATE: Well, my wife really wanted a sun roof after my son got his...so we now have a 2006 VUE. Saturn #6

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have had only one saturn a '95 SC2 which I bought new. That I am still driving it and will continue to drive after I get my Sky is what has sold me on the Saturn brand, oh and the service and people at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Family

My dad has owned a couple Saturns - the bigger LS100 (not sure the name on that one) and an SL1 or SL2.

Assuming that I get a Redline in the fall - this will be my first Saturn - but not the first time I have considered a Saturn. When the first Saturns came out I test drove a number of them - at the time I was driving a 1986 Acura Legend - and even with lots of miles the Acura was still nicer than most new cars I test drove.

back in the 90s I was not too impressed with the Saturn - while I liked a lot of what they were doing - things like a tinny engine sound and the funky stearing wheel made it a bit less comfortable to drive than other cars.

In 1996 I seriously considered a Saturn SC2 against a Honda Civic - the Honda Civic won out for a number of reasons - the interior just fit me better - simple things like position of the rear view mirror for someone 6 foot tall makes a difference. But the biggest difference was that when I applied for a lease at Saturn I was turned down - when I applied for a lease at the Honda dealer I got it. I still have the 96 Civic, had and then turned in a 2000 Civic, and also have a 2004 Civic - lease ends on the 04 in November - would like to get a Sky - but until I can drive one and see a couple different colors - I cannot commit to it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
3rd Saturn...

1st was a 1993 SC2... bought it used in 1998 with only 17,000 miles. Sold it a year later in 1999 with 37,000 miles.

2nd is my current 1999 SL2... my 1st brand new car!!! :) 128,000 miles later it is still going strong... sans the engine change. Starting a car on a negative 20 degree day without letting it warm up is never good. Frozen/geled oil through oil pump = bad. :banghead: That is why I now have a remote engine start. :cheers:

3rd will be my SKY... 4th, hopefully will be a used VUE for my daily driver... but may have to get a used Blazer due to cost.

·
Registered
623 Posts
No choice for "other"

I might be leasing a VUE before I order a SKY Redline so where does that put me?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Well It is not my first Saturn, Just hope this one dosen't have the same fate as my 1993 SC2 .... Just say it did not fair too well in a encounter with a 1963 Ford Galaxie...
but it won't be my last Saturn either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Let's see: '91 SL1, '93 SL2, '95 SC2, '98 SC2, '99 SL1 (for daughter), '01 SL2 (same daughter), '03 Vue, '03 Ion3, and soon to arrive '07 SKY.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts