Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I am probably going to start a holy war here, but.......:lol:

My new Sky RL will be called Gitana, and sight unseen I know she will have a definite personality. Every car I have ever owned somehow worked out to have a female personality, no don't ask me why. Just accept that it is true.

And if you don't believe my cars and trucks had their own personality, just try driving one of my vehicles when I pissed one of them off.

Now that everyone understands my vehicles, I guess the big question is does your Sky have a personality or is it just another inanimate object?

Oh... And please do not crucify me just for asking.....:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personality plus baby! She gets so jealous when I drive the SUV (rain).
Lisa

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I named her Sunni1 and she is just that. So much so that even though I could not get the plates with her name on them -- she still is Sunni. Everyone calls her Sunni
Happy to be started loves to drive and run at about 80. Everyone is brightened by her mood...

Every car I have owned has been named and yes usually to depict a personality

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just a car that I like a lot. No more.
:agree: The dogs, cats, and horses around the house do stuff, get in trouble, etc.
The Sky, Vue, & truck just sit there. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
No personality in the car, but Nitesky brings out the best in everyone that sees:eek: or drive it:driving: ... Smiles always follow Everywhere it goes:D ... and especially me... It may not be alive, but I have never liked a car more....:patriot:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Since when SKIPSKY was hand built, it has a personality. That personality was created when the welding started, it completed it's personality when I first took possession of it's keys. You will notice I say it , because it is no gender but it is not inanimate by any means. It can jump on out there in traffic as soon as I tell it to jump . It goes smooth through the corners and other parts of the road. It also knows when to stop when I slam on the brakes. Yes my SKIPSKY might not have a gender but it is not inanimate. It is the sum of all the pesonalities of the people that assembled it and is the extension of my heart and soul. ..Skip...plus I like to drive a SKIPSKY.....:cool: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, the Sky pretty much sits there in the garage, but once the keys are in the ignition and the engine turns over, She wakes and comes alive. Yeah, she has a personality - on the trip to PA last week, there was no doubt in my mind that she was way upset when she had to sleep outside that first night on the road. :)

It's fun imagining what She is "thinking" - guess that's just another aspect of having such a wonderful machine. It's not just driving her - it's just fun stuff - and why not? I haven't had this much fun owning a car since my TR-4 back in college!!

Heck, if it weren't fun then why are we all spending so much time talking about a mere car??:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Car Names

:cheers:
I don't have my Sky yet but I had a name picked out before I got on this forum, someone else was using the name on this forum. That is OK I still will name my car the same name my Mother named her Morgan colt she raised and showed and won the title of Tulsa Round up Rodeo Queen 1955. Yes my car will be named Sky Baby. Sky Baby was a wonderful horse and once you saddled her up she pranced and danced and loved to strut her stuff, yes its an honor to name my Saturn Sky, "Sky Baby".
The Daytona Sunset Orange Corvette was given its name because they started building the car on Halloween and my step daughter asked her Dad why any one would spend that much money on a Pumpkin colored car. Yes the corvette is named Pumpkin and I got the tag, "PUMPK1N".
I named the Sunbeam Alpine, "Vicki" A lot of her restoration parts came from British Victoria she is English cannot call her Queen Victoria hmm American name would be Vicki, her tag says "60S TOY".
The 06 Impala has been named, White Buffalo, Car and driver said it drove more like a water buffalo instead of a quick Impala. I have to agree its a good daily driver and great full size road car for travel, but roams across the plains like a great white buffalo.

TulsaSky

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

My new Sky RL will be called Gitana, and sight unseen I know she will have a definite personality. Every car I have ever owned somehow worked out to have a female personality, no don't ask me why. Just accept that it is true.

And if you don't believe my cars and trucks had their own personality, just try driving one of my vehicles when I pissed one of them off.

Now that everyone understands my vehicles, I guess the big question is does your Sky have a personality or is it just another inanimate object?

Hush your mouth! She'll HEAR you!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am looking for a voice for BIANCA. She should be able to answer me when I ask her a question. I say "good morning Bianca" and I say "good night Bianca". The day is coming when she will say good night to me.:D YES, I do have a condition and I've never been happier:cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cayenne defintely has a personality! She constantly wants to go faster, find every curve and visit populated places so people can admire her. Oh wait - that my be me,:D but she still is a little fireball!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I will be 43 next week, and this morning I felt more excited than I have in 20 years. I went by the Dealership and there saw my SKY. :cheers: She was still a bit dirty from the trip, but my, oh my, she spoke to me.....and I to her.

I introduced myself and told her that I'd take care of her and I'd be back around lunch to take her home.

Yesterday I'd have said it's "JUST A CAR"........today, I would tell you different.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I will be 43 next week, and this morning I felt more excited than I have in 20 years. I went by the Dealership and there saw my SKY. :cheers: She was still a bit dirty from the trip, but my, oh my, she spoke to me.....and I to her.

I introduced myself and told her that I'd take care of her and I'd be back around lunch to take her home.

Yesterday I'd have said it's "JUST A CAR"........today, I would tell you different.
They clean up real nice:lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

I know the feeling. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts

Perfectly said!!

·
Registered
223 Posts

Cars with personalities................ not so much. I believe that in most cases they merely reflect the owners personality.:D

Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Cars with personalities................ not so much. I believe that in most cases they merely reflect the owners personality.:D

Just my two cents worth.
Hmm. Probably right. But if Bianca starts talking to Island Hopper, I will have to get back to you.:lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just Vapor!

Wish I could talk about my Sky R/L but haven't seen it yet. Guess you could say it's an inanimate object. Gave a few down payments and guess what "VAPOR". Can't even get my order number from dealer, just vapor.:confused:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Aw, I remember that feeling. Hard to know what hurts most, the ghost of a car you can't see, or the cash that seems to vanish for no apparent reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts