Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call today- dealer has the Sky. I am going down to get it tomorrow... of course the weather is rainy. :banghead:

I got to get my trade in shape, we still have not worked out those details... I may sell it privately, but what a hastle. I still have not paid it off, so I don't yet have the title... I would think that would make it quite hard to sell. I don't know how most people work around that. I hope the dealer is fair with the trade... I punched the numbers through Edmunds, and I know what he should be offering me.

So anyhow, I hope by this time tomorrow I am driving my new baby. I hope the rain stops so I can put the top down. Until then, she goes in the garage.
:rolleyes:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS.......... POST PICS..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Way to go....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
motocrash said:
I got the call today- dealer has the Sky. I am going down to get it tomorrow... of course the weather is rainy. :banghead:

I got to get my trade in shape, we still have not worked out those details... I may sell it privately, but what a hastle. I still have not paid it off, so I don't yet have the title... I would think that would make it quite hard to sell. I don't know how most people work around that. I hope the dealer is fair with the trade... I punched the numbers through Edmunds, and I know what he should be offering me.

So anyhow, I hope by this time tomorrow I am driving my new baby. I hope the rain stops so I can put the top down. Until then, she goes in the garage.
:cheers: Don't mean to be insensitive -- :cool: but who cares about your trade :willy: (I know -- you are attached) But we want to hear about your SKY -- tell us -- Color, interior, equipment!!! Pics, stories the whole 9 yards!:cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.. the details:
I ordered the car in Red with the Tan leather interior and top. I also ordered the limited slip dif. The dealer called today to get me to order the simonizing, Lojack, and a clear film protector for the front of the car and bumper. I declined all of them.

I will try to post pictures as soon as I get them, although my digital camera is no more... I have to use film and then develop it to digital.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats. looking forward to seeing the pics of the red/tan combo. Selling your car without the title in hand isn't that bad but it does require a little more hassle dealing with the two lenders. If your not satisfied with the price they are offering sell it yourself. I'm sure this is an easy walkthrough out there on the net.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your lender is wrong it can be a pain in the *** depended on the banks, but is very do-able.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Congrats, post pics...:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
triple black said:
I talked to my lender and he said that it is illegal to sell a car before you have the title in your possesion
I just sold a 2004 chevy truck that i owed money on so I did not have the title, here is what we did,
I wrote up a bill of sale, he gave me enough money to pay off the truck as a down payment, I sent the money to the lender, he held on to the truck without driving it until I got the title, then we transferred the title and he gave me the rest of the money... and I gave him the keys to the truck... thats all there was to it. it took about a week...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
motocrash said:

Way to go man! I know you will enjoy it like we all do...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I talked to my lender and he said that it is illegal to sell a car before you have the title in your possesion
If that were true, you would never be able to trade in a car if you are still financing it... The Lienholder typically holds the title until you make the last payment.

Technically, the sale can't be completed until the owner signs the title over to the buyer. And, since you need the title in hand to register the car in most states, the process can be a pain in the butt. (Which, to me, makes up for the loss of $$$ when trading in your vehicle vs. managing a private sale.)

In preparation for the purchase of my Sky, (whenever it gets here :banghead: ) I sold my '04 F150 to my Brother. Becasue I still had a loan out on it, and he was financing it through another bank.... the process was painful, to say the least.

I had to send my bank a letter, authorizing them to accept the payoff from my brother's bank. Then his bank, sent my bank a check. After they processed it, they sent the title to my bother's bank, who in turn, sent it to him. We then had to get together to sign the title. He then brought it to the RMV and registered the truck. Beginning to end, it was a THREE WEEK process! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

We checked with the RMV and his insurance Company, and they assured us that as long as he had the bill of sale and other documentation, he would have no trouble driving the truck... :rolleyes:

But, now it's done and I'm ready for my Sky now.... :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts