Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is official, My baby has its own telephone number now. :D :willy: :thumbs:
Has anyone else been activiated? It took them a week beacuse VERIZON was behind in assigning numbers. BTW has anyone else got there yet?

Saturn of Arlington, my dealer, got their first ordered image delivered yesterday. Slvrprl/Blk.Chrome/ WAs already sold. Looked good except for no spoiler and I kinda like my red interior better.:D :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:
Has anyone else been activiated? It took them a week beacuse VERIZON was behind in assigning numbers. BTW has anyone else got there yet?

Saturn of Arlington, my dealer, got their first ordered image delivered yesterday. Slvrprl/Blk.Chrome/ WAs already sold. Looked good except for no spoiler and I kinda like my red interior better.:D :cheers:
yep i have mine and used the 30 free minutes, I started to buy 30 more and they told me i could get 100 minutes for 17.95. so i took that... I love how it works so easy too, i have programed in a bunch of phone numbers already...
maybe we should start a Sky Phone directory of everyone's phone numbers, then we can call each other when we are out in our Skys...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ernest said:

YES, I dialed my cell phone first from the car and my number popped up on my cell! That is a cool feature just say "dial" give the number and then hands free talking! Very Cool!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad you all like it. I will share your thoughts with those in charge...assuming you don't mind.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:

Oh no now ya went an dun it. Now ya never goin ta be acomin home. Ya just be out in tha garage an say ,,,On star call tha house an tell that woman I want my supper now..Out comes tha woman of tha house Ernest what ya mean get your supper now. Ya get out of tha car an get your own. When ya get out she be gettin in tha Sky and take off down tha road. ...Seriously now that ya gots a phone in tha car I 'll call ya an ask iffen ya seen Fartblossom .She dun run off again... I think she be aseein sum dog in tha other county...... Skip...worried ....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:thumbs: Hey Ernest I got mine with the 100 extra minutes right when I activated it at the Dealership. I guess you had them squared away by the time I picked up mine.:cheers:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
I called and activated my Onstar the Saturday after I got her. It worked really well-just a-talkin' and a-drivin':driving: What will they invent next -anything just so I can spend more time in my baby!:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok...got a question about OnStar. I've never had it before...so am I understanding what you are all saying...you can use your cellphone through the Onstar to make it "handsfree"? Does it work with ANY cellphone provider?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
nscrbug said:
Ok...got a question about OnStar. I've never had it before...so am I understanding what you are all saying...you can use your cellphone through the Onstar to make it "handsfree"? Does it work with ANY cellphone provider?
Hubby has this on is ION so I know how it works. Yes, you can use any cell phone AS LONG as you use call forward to the car, but keep in mind it will cost you minutes if you do not have verizon. If you already have verizon, you can just add the car as a second line for $10. a month under there family plan. We now have 7 with them including the car, kids and us. So, if you dont have verizon, use up the free minutes they give you, then call verizon and sign up, you will get a new # for the car. Then you will have free cell to cell, nites and weekends. Works exactly like your regular cell phone, have fun..:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
If you have Verizon (they must be a provider for On Star) you can just add your car's On Star as a phone in your shared minutes program... I think it adds like 10 buck a month. That way you don't need to have separate minutes for your On Star phone. So you use your On Star phone hands free... Around Chicago -- this is important as you can not use a hand held phone in the city when driving.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
If you have Verizon (they must be a provider for On Star) you can just add your car's On Star as a phone in your shared minutes program... I think it adds like 10 buck a month. That way you don't need to have separate minutes for your On Star phone. So you use your On Star phone hands free... Around Chicago -- this is important as you can not use a hand held phone in the city when driving.

Ok, I think understand how it works now. However, I am with Cingular at the moment...and my contract doesn't expire for quite awhile and I don't want to pay the $200 cancellation fee. On the upside of that, my plan is 250 minutes a month, which surprisingly, I RARELY use up. In an average month, I might use 30-50 minutes!!! :eek: :lol: Guess you could say I don't really use my cellphone that much. So the option of using up my minutes in order to utilize the Onstar feature wouldn't really bother me all that much. At least I'd be getting some use out of it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have verizon AND cingular currently... I did not know you could do this, interesting.. I was going to dump both carriers for something else.. but now I might stay with Verizon...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Activated mine driving home from picking up our Sky - was easy to do & bought the extra 100 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts