Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You may not agree with this because your too young...but remember, your children are part of your life...they are not your life. Keep the car. Like me, it will be passed down to my son. He knows he is not permitted to sell it.

This car is a POS...but it is designed so well. Everyone loves viewing it. If it leaves, you will never walk into your garage again...because nothing else is worth viewing.
I think you're right, I don't think people think its worth to them what its worth to me anyway, 20K is what it would take for me to sell (yes I would pay that for it if I were in a different situation, I paid almost 25 for it a few years ago) but no one is paying that so I will likely be keeping it and finding another way to get a daily.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
but no one is paying that so I will likely be keeping it and finding another way to get a daily.
Generally speaking, it isn't until something has been gone for several years that one realizes that it was a mistake to sell. I've also bought many winter beaters that weren't anything to look at, but they did allow me to park the good car during the winter/salt months. Good luck on your search for a daily.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Generally speaking, it isn't until something has been gone for several years that one realizes that it was a mistake to sell. I've also bought many winter beaters that weren't anything to look at, but they did allow me to park the good car during the winter/salt months. Good luck on your search for a daily.
I guess I am in a different place than most here.

Its a car. In 10yrs you will still be able to buy it. I loved my 64 corvair. (personally thought it was a nicer looker than the sky). If I wanted I could sell the sky and buy a Corvair.

I can't go back and spend more time with my kids sure I can spend time with my adults but they will never be young again.

I don't know what you need the $$ for clearly its your call.

Sounds like you don't really need the money, and from what I can tell of your value for the car, it will always be worth more to you than someone else.

I knew what you paid, and although the $28k number was thrown out a bit in fun. (I mean its a manual it will always be worth less :grin: ). I figured you would not let it go cheap.

To me if you got a price in mind, your best off posting that and telling everyone its firm. Keeps the low bidders mostly away.

I for one hope you stick to your guns. That way it drives the market up...

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
The fact that I still frequent and post here, says you are 100% correct, but I have to expand this to all Kappa owners.
Definitely a great group of owners.

But my new car is killer. >:)

No Halloween party this year. We have a sick doggie, who can get aggressive with strangers when she gets confused. If you don't smell or sound like me or the wife, she might bite you due to the fact that she is partially blind now.

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
The fact that I still frequent and post here, says you are 100% correct, but I have to expand this to all Kappa owners.
Definitely a great group of owners.

But my new car is killer. >:)

No Halloween party this year. We have a sick doggie, who can get aggressive with strangers when she gets confused. If you don't smell or sound like me or the wife, she might bite you due to the fact that she is partially blind now.
I LOVE my Sky but I'd love to have one of those Alfas too...just sexy as hell...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I wish I could trade supra parts for this thing. Sadly its too much money for me at the moment. I wish you luck in finding a buyer. I know that I struggled when I sold mine. I wish I could get it back!

(So I could back half the chassis it and put a 2jz up front)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So since this post over a year ago. I had decided to keep it... But now we are prego with #3 and I once again am seeing if anyone is interested. I am going to be listing it at 18k which is the highest offer I got last year, but declined since I was really holding out hope I could keep it. I am secretly hoping I don't sell, but can't keep it if we can get this or close to it.

To whomever is interested. I would want to be the first one with the chance to buy it back if you ever decide to sell. It may be a few years before I can afford to buy it back but I truly have enjoyed having it and would love it in my garage in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So since this post over a year ago. I had decided to keep it... But now we are prego with #3 and I once again am seeing if anyone is interested. I am going to be listing it at 18k which is the highest offer I got last year, but declined since I was really holding out hope I could keep it. I am secretly hoping I don't sell, but can't keep it if we can get this or close to it.

To whomever is interested. I would want to be the first one with the chance to buy it back if you ever decide to sell. It may be a few years before I can afford to buy it back but I truly have enjoyed having it and would love it in my garage in the future.
I'm in the market for a sky, I'm in North Carolina though. What is the current mileage on the vehicle and is it manual or automatic? Does it have the premium monsoon system in it with usb,mp3 cd player? Any issues with cam phasers or anything else? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new here just today. Is this vehicle still available? Have photos been posted as I don't see any uploaded. What is the current mileage please? I joined this forum because I have decided to purchase one of these for weekend jaunts.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
21 - 36 of 36 Posts