Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my SKY since the end of March...And I still can't go out without someone stopping me to ask ar say: What is that? How much did that cost? That is a sexy car! WOW! SATURN (your kidding right)?

I thought it would have died down, but it is someting special. I know some people laugh at the thought of this being a collectable...but a few of my family members said they have not seen such responses to a car since the days of the first Mustang and Vette!

Anytime I'm driving with someone and we park the car, we come back to either people parked next to it and looking or someone waiting for me to get back and answer questions. This car is special and I hope we all enjoy it for many years to come!

I have been stopped by 2 vettes in the last week that can't believe the price for that type of style. I even made comments to them that said "this is the poor man's version of your car", they both replied with: I would rather have that car and the extra $25,000 in the bank...They say, the speed is great in the vette, but where we live I can't even use the speed! (city,traffic)

Oh well just another quick follow-up: I still look forward to getting in it each morning and I pray for sunshine...otherwise I'm back in the dodge ram for the day!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Agree with everything you said brutha, its all the same on my end of town.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
As previouslly mentioned Ernest and I went to a car show this weekend. We were the center of attention. No one walked by our cars but walked to our cars (by many others). I was even asked how much is Saturn paying me to be out here. Don't take your SKY shopping if you are in a hurry either, almost every time I come out of the store there is at least one person there and once there were 17 people circled around her. I have been doing this since 29 March so no the newness hasn't warn off yet. Enjoy the stardom. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I am also in that boat. I come out of the gym, sweaty and stinky and get into my car and oodles of people come up to me (despite my pale, out of breath, worn look) and are ear-to-ear grinning, excited to see it for the first time. Lots of questions...It's great!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Are you the silver sky I see at Golds?

c

Angelqute1 said:
I am also in that boat. I come out of the gym, sweaty and stinky and get into my car and oodles of people come up to me (despite my pale, out of breath, worn look) and are ear-to-ear grinning, excited to see it for the first time. Lots of questions...It's great!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Got a call at work the other day, one of my co-workers answered it and started laughing. She yelled out, hey this guy wants to talk to the owner of the Sky...:lol: When I leave work and people say, hey did you get a raise? I tell them, no I just have a husband who loves me. I think if I tell them what we really paid for it they wouldnt believe me anyway...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I laugh everytime I hear these stories. It's pretty cool to hear.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have been stopped by 2 vettes in the last week that can't believe the price for that type of style. I even made comments to them that said "this is the poor man's version of your car", they both replied with: I would rather have that car and the extra $25,000 in the bank...

Well for me I save over $37,000, because the yellow convertible Vette I look at was $ 62,000.00. Plus another $3720.00 for taxes
Being my first convertible, and the LOOKS of the SKY ** No Brain er *****************************************************

·
Registered
354 Posts
One more thing, do you find that every day is now a fun day now ?

I get up earlier ,I'm happier, I like going to work, I love driving home from work. I think this car has made me "a better person"

Is that possible ??

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've had my Solstice since Oct 18th, 2005.

Trust me, it doesn't stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts