Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I could have posted this to the Canada group, but thought that others might like to know as well. My dealer called last week to confirm that their SKY (Ottawa) will be available for viewing on May 11th. As we spoke the dealer confirmed that his dealer car and the first customer car were in New York waiting for delivery to Canada.

The dealership is having a invitation only preview night. The guy who is first on the list should be getting his car within about a week of the 11th, (as long as the paper work arrives)

Other good news, because of people dropping of the waiting list ....silly people :) ... I am now number 5. I hope to get delivery end of August. So I am certainly hoping for a nice long warm fall....

Dealer says that the first 3 on the list have been preferanced. He was surprised by the last one. He thought that it would be another couple of weeks before it was accepted. He also mentioned that he thought that number 2 on the list would have his car by the end of the month...

So it looks like it is starting for us up north....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We have 2 Customer cars here in Regina already...your dealer is slow. They can't be delivered until May 11th, but they have been here for some time now.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm ready to go postal :willy:. I just posted a rant about the whole issue. I'm supposed to be number 1 on my dealers list and nothing is happening. My dealer says he has 4 customer cars that haven't had any action.

Saturn Canada is saying that I have to put pressure on my dealer to get things done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw 3 this morning on a car carrier headed east on the 401 near Avenue/Yonge. 2 Silver and 1 black. The rest of the truck was empty. It's starting......

·
Registered
18 Posts
If that's the way it is,i'm number 12 on the list!!! i will receive mine in 2007 !! :banghead: Are you sure about august?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer out in BC told me on the weekend that there will be a unveiling of the SKY on Wednesday, May 10th. This is open only to the people that have put deposits down. There will be 2 cars here. One for display in the showroom & the other for test drives. We are then supposed to be going over the orders to make any changes but I thought that I placed my order back in December.
I was reading one of the auto magazines over the weekend & they did a writeup on the SKY. They had priced the car at about $25000 US with the leather upgrade, wheels & stereo upgrade. Now if I do the conversion at the present value of the Canadian dollar then the SKY should land here at about $28000 CDN. The base car on the Saturn Canada site is priced at $31665 if I remember correctly. With the options you get to about $34000. There is a difference of $6000. Anyone know where my math or "their math" has gone wrong.

·
Registered
55 Posts
nathaliebaby said:
If that's the way it is,i'm number 12 on the list!!! i will receive mine in 2007 !! :banghead: Are you sure about august?

Bienvenue dans l'enfer ma chere!Longue attente mais y parait que ca vaut le coup !:cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
nathaliebaby said:

Where is your dealer ?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
bcboy said:
My dealer out in BC told me on the weekend that there will be a unveiling of the SKY on Wednesday, May 10th. This is open only to the people that have put deposits down. There will be 2 cars here. One for display in the showroom & the other for test drives. We are then supposed to be going over the orders to make any changes but I thought that I placed my order back in December.
I was reading one of the auto magazines over the weekend & they did a writeup on the SKY. They had priced the car at about $25000 US with the leather upgrade, wheels & stereo upgrade. Now if I do the conversion at the present value of the Canadian dollar then the SKY should land here at about $28000 CDN. The base car on the Saturn Canada site is priced at $31665 if I remember correctly. With the options you get to about $34000. There is a difference of $6000. Anyone know where my math or "their math" has gone wrong.
Your math is bad...you forgot the "screw Canucks" variation on the converson rate. My Sky is over $36,000

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Borders

I may be mistaken, but isn't there some sort of "border tax" :jester: just for shipping things to other countries.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Don't forget the Generals decision to load up the Skys that are sold in Canada ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Blainville et moi je suis de mirabel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
her sky said:
which ottawa dealer are you dealing with. i'm with 417 and have not heard anything yet.

I am dealing with Turpin, the sales manager and my sales guy. The manager had to admit the other day that there was more information on the web site under search for SKY than he had... I could see VIN's on that site... (PS thanks Rick)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CdnSkyGuy said:
We have 2 Customer cars here in Regina already...your dealer is slow. They can't be delivered until May 11th, but they have been here for some time now.

Shows the difference between dealers and what they know. My guy was quite adament that they were all being held at the border until early this week so that they would arrive accross Canada at the same time, in time for the May 11th launch...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nathaliebaby said:

He really did not want to give me a time frame, he does not want me to get my hopes up. But dealers are expecting no more than 2 cars a month - his best guess on what he has seen so far. At the same time he did share that he says that Saturn knows that we have a short summer... Like I said I am the list and I have not even been preferenced yet, based on his experience with previous new launches he thinks that 4-6 weeks from preference to delivery is what we can expect in Canada. (that has been the case for his first two customers, he is waiting to see for the third) Not much of list to build a trend from but he has been with Saturn for a long time. I am starting to trust him.... When he knows he tells me, when he guesses he tells me that too....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
rikramer said:
I saw 3 this morning on a car carrier headed east on the 401 near Avenue/Yonge. 2 Silver and 1 black. The rest of the truck was empty. It's starting......
Perhaps they are the ones I say at my dealership last night. He got two silver and a black. All were unsold!:mad: While I was there some guy walked in off the street and bought one. No waiting or anything.:banghead: I let him know he was lucky and told him how long I (and many of you) have been waiting for the car. :willy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
rick112 said:
Perhaps they are the ones I say at my dealership last night. He got two silver and a black. All were unsold!:mad: While I was there some guy walked in off the street and bought one. No waiting or anything.:banghead: I let him know he was lucky and told him how long I (and many of you) have been waiting for the car. :willy:
He didn't take delivery did he?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The dealer still has all three. Probably can't release anything until the 11th.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts