Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is what most people will not be able to understand...I cannot blame them either...didn't we have those thoughts? Understandingly foreign in design and manufactured in the USA...but it is our BABY

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yea baby...but isn't the Sky like 34% import parts? Guess we get the best of both worlds...great import made in the USA.:)

·
Registered
18,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kustomkaps said:
Yea baby...but isn't the Sky like 34% import parts? Guess we get the best of both worlds...great import made in the USA.:)

I like that ...great import...made in the USA...smartly worded

·
Registered
804 Posts
A dog finds a bone every once in awhile.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Who cares what they say? There are also others who are more "in the know" that will say who cares its a GM car I hope GM dies....

But if it was a Toyota they would praise its great gas mileage and wonderful interior....

As long as it makes you happy :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jordan, I agree. I think the foreign market had some good times but look out for the future. If the US car companies continue putting out designs like the Sky and Solstice and others they will be eating the foreign car companies lunch. To date we only hear of the flaws in the US cars and somehow you never hear of the foreign car problems. Maybe they do have less but we're gaining on them. In the meantime I'm enjoying the hell out of my Sky.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
Jordan, I agree. I think the foreign market had some good times but look out for the future. If the US car companies continue putting out designs like the Sky and Solstice and others they will be eating the foreign car companies lunch. To date we only hear of the flaws in the US cars and somehow you never hear of the foreign car problems. Maybe they do have less but we're gaining on them. In the meantime I'm enjoying the hell out of my Sky.
In some cases we are already passing them, the quality and reliability of North American cars has improved considerably. Just look at the plants in the top ten for GM on the JD Powers. It seems as if the reviewers of cars today are reluctant to step up and really acknowledge the truth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
But as long as America keeps building these ugly looking "retro" thinks like PT cruisers and HHR, and mustang, and camaro next year, and charger and magnum, and....what was I saying.....oh yeah now Toyota is making the FJ or whatever that ugly thing is....so we're not alone.

What ever hapened to the corvette indy, pontiac banshee, pontiac protosport, chrysler ME412? now those were cars! We need to be making things like those to get us back on top, and forget about crap like 5 different SUV's for every brand. Other than the SKY, American cars are so plain, except Crysler products, which are so out there most of the time, or just excercises in marketing (hemi) that I would never buy one.
Anyway, sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Cars are the best here

An American product is an American product and because we have the freedom to complain about things, we continue to get better. Freedom and fearlessness about who we are allows us to assemble cars with imported parts in American plants. I am all for a global economy, it is a reality, and it works as long as our policy is not hypocritical. Mostly it works as long as we protect our interior by sealing our borders. Don't forget that it was American technology and American ingenuity who helped rebuild and jumpstart many other economies. I think the folks who want to come here and work are to be commended for their work ethic and their propensity to endure great hardships for the dream we can take for granted. However, they would serve their native flags better if they took what they learned about us and our standard of living, went home and went to work getting their people off dirt floors, tapped onto sewer systems, out of shacks so maybe the southerly part of "their continent" would be a place where one in ten born there, don't come here.

·
Registered
277 Posts
These days, cars are only labeled "American" or "Foreign" because of what Company sells them. The Isuzu pickup is actually a Chevy. The Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota.

Some Japanese cars built in the US have more American parts on them than some GM cars and probably more than the Sky does. So, you can't really judge a car based on its badge.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
skywulf said:
An American product is an American product and because we have the freedom to complain about things, we continue to get better. Freedom and fearlessness about who we are allows us to assemble cars with imported parts in American plants. I am all for a global economy, it is a reality, and it works as long as our policy is not hypocritical. Mostly it works as long as we protect our interior by sealing our borders. Don't forget that it was American technology and American ingenuity who helped rebuild and jumpstart many other economies. I think the folks who want to come here and work are to be commended for their work ethic and their propensity to endure great hardships for the dream we can take for granted. However, they would serve their native flags better if they took what they learned about us and our standard of living, went home and went to work getting their people off dirt floors, tapped onto sewer systems, out of shacks so maybe the southerly part of "their continent" would be a place where one in ten born there, don't come here.
Not so long as corperate exploitation occurs. It seems to me those companies, that go to these countries on the premince of building them up, it turns out the real purpose is for of cheap labour and the lack of environmental, and health and safety legislation. Globalization and free trade is an albatross if it doesn't include something to create a level playing field, like fair trade. North American labour cannot compete for long against 2-5 dollars per hour if not per day jobs. The race to the bottom. JMO:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts