Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's here and they never let on!!!! Hellloooo

Yeppers, it is ready to drive away and they never let on that it had hit the ground....said they couldn't tell me til the PDI was done. Something about they had to be sure there wasn't a 'skunk in the trunk'. hmmm
Anyway, I know it's been talked about, but
It was delivered to the wrong dealership and had to be driven 45 miles to my dealership.
My question...I'm a little picky about new car break in and someone mentioned having the oil changed after the initial 20 miles. I am driving 3 hrs to pick it up, and will put 200 miles on it driving home...any advice?
Thanks,
Victoria :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
In my opinion you don't have to change the oil for the first time until the 500-1000 mile range.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks...was feeling like the red headed kid here....

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You guys, you worry about the oil change, work all that out, in the meantime....
YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!! YOU GOT YOUR SKYYYYY!!!! Congrats! :cheers: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skywulf said:
You guys, you worry about the oil change, work all that out, in the meantime....
YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!! YOU GOT YOUR SKYYYYY!!!! Congrats! :cheers: :lol: :lol:

LOL And thank you ...just waiting for someone to get excited, I'm kinda in a daze...
Thanks to you skywulf I might skip around the block...it's kinda wierd...it's like wow the wait is over...bummer :willy: Not

·
Registered
314 Posts
java43 said:
Yeppers, it is ready to drive away and they never let on that it had hit the ground....
Get it and don't look back. You should be fine. What color/options? Are you getting it tomorrow?

We're getting ours tomorrow AM so will be interesting to compare experiences. We plan on heading to Jack's favorite dive under the Carquinez bridge for lunch. Dirt and gravel lot, train tracks (the same it rode out west on), and outdoor picnic table so we can sit and keep an eye on our baby.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Woohoo!! I certainly would be skipping around the block if I were you!! :D

Congrats and I hope you have a wonderful weekend breaking in your SKY!!! :thumbs:

Don't forget the pics for us too whenever you can pry yourself out of the car!! :cool:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SkyHope said:
Get it and don't look back. You should be fine. What color/options? Are you getting it tomorrow?

We're getting ours tomorrow AM so will be interesting to compare experiences. We plan on heading to Jack's favorite dive under the Cartinez bridge for lunch. Dirt and gravel lot, train tracks (the same it rode out west on), and outdoor picnic table so we can sit and keep an eye on our baby.
Too funny....
I'm a little bummed that someone else drove mine first (delivered to the wrong dealership)
So here is what little I know...didn't get the invoice til the call:
Deposit mid January
ordered tan on green
sold out for tan on black wltan and black
VIN# 2394

I spend some time in Roseburg and Portland and will be back and forth between the two for the first two weeks in September...How about a show and tell????:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jen said:
Woohoo!! I certainly would be skipping around the block if I were you!! :D

Congrats and I hope you have a wonderful weekend breaking in your SKY!!! :thumbs:

Don't forget the pics for us too whenever you can pry yourself out of the car!! :cool:
Thanks Jen!
You're getting the one I didn't get so... any minute for you too.
Hey the weather will be great ...record heat in salt Lake city.
Please give Rogue a kiss on the nose for me! :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ernest said:
:willy: Congratulations on your new baby"s. Wishing many miles and lot's of smiles, and of course sunny skies and greenlights!!!!!:thumbs: :driving: :driving: :yesnod:
Thanks Ernest!
hey I hear that Red lights are more fun than the Green ones...but I'll take any color!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
java43 said:
I am driving 3 hrs to pick it up, and will put 200 miles on it driving home...any advice?
Do not get on an expressway and drive it at a steady speed for 200 miles.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ggccg said:
Do not get on an expressway and drive it at a steady speed for 200 miles.
dang it is all Interstate from Utah to wyoming soooo,
Is it okay to drive varying speeds...Don't tell me I gotta tow the puppy home :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Congrats! Standing by for the pictures of the new arrival. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
java43 said:
dang it is all Interstate from Utah to wyoming soooo,
Is it okay to drive varying speeds...Don't tell me I gotta tow the puppy home :willy:
Congrats !
Vary your speed and rpms and keep it under 70mph.
If you're looking for a rough rule of thumb,
try not to stay at the same rpm for more than 2min at a time.
While not pushing up the rpms too high, you may want alternate between 4th & 5th gears
to work through different rpm ranges.
A nice cool-down break for lunch halfway home wouldn't hurt as well.
Just one eccentric school of thought.

Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cerberus said:
Congrats !
Vary your speed and rpms and keep it under 70mph.
If you're looking for a rough rule of thumb,
try not to stay at the same rpm for more than 2min at a time.
While not pushing up the rpms too high, you may want alternate between 4th & 5th gears
to work through different rpm ranges.
A nice cool-down break for lunch halfway home wouldn't hurt as well.
Just one eccentric school of thought.

Enjoy the ride
thank you very much ...was just searching forums for the info you just sent...Okay if the guy that drove it the first 40 or 50 miles to the dealership didn't follow these guidelines...is there a problem?
Might seem trivial, but I want the best break-in and things done right. :banghead:
thank you again,
Victoria

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congratulations, and don't fret about the miles. My last Saturn had to be driven from K.C. took delivery with over 200 miles on it and coffee stains in the cup holder. The car has 120,000 miles on it now and still going strong.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maverick said:
Congratulations, and don't fret about the miles. My last Saturn had to be driven from K.C. took delivery with over 200 miles on it and coffee stains in the cup holder. The car has 120,000 miles on it now and still going strong.
Thanks again...Okey Dokey Gonna stop worrying

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
java43 said:
thank you very much ...was just searching forums for the info you just sent...Okay if the guy that drove it the first 40 or 50 miles to the dealership didn't follow these guidelines...is there a problem?
Might seem trivial, but I want the best break-in and things done right. :banghead:
thank you again,
Victoria
I wouldn't pass up the car for it.
Neither of us were there for the ride, but I have to have some faith that they were careful with it.
I'd rather a dealer have it driven in then have it available for test drives.
The general approach I put out isn't agreed to by all, but seems safely conservative to me.

It is what it is, but probably not too big a thing.
I'd let it go and focus on not sleeping tonight waiting for tomorrows big day!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cerberus said:
I wouldn't pass up the car for it.
Neither of us were there for the ride, but I have to have some faith that they were careful with it.
I'd rather a dealer have it driven in then have it available for test drives.
The general approach I put out isn't agreed to by all, but seems safely conservative to me.

It is what it is, but probably not too big a thing.
I'd let it go and focus on not sleeping tonight waiting for tomorrows big day!
Thank you again and again...kinda felt a little flat when I got the call...now I'm not sure I'm gonna sleep. I'm going in to the office in the morning til noon, before I head out...Not sure I'll be productive :D
Thanks for putting me at ease..The time you took to post is greatly appreciated, and respecting my looniness even more appreciated :willy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts