Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew if I made that post yesterday asking about the status of my car, it would show up today (thank you everyone for the help though!). Today on my way home from lunch with the boyfriend I decided to drop by the Saturn dealership because I had been told there was going to be a silver Sky there for test driving and I thought I'd check it out since I have never seen silver in person. I pulled in and saw the silver Sky outside in front, looked over it a little but never talked to anyone (didn't even see anyone inside to be honest)... drove around the side of the dealership to leave and noticed a man taking some pictures, looked to see what he was taking pictures of... THERE IT WAS!!! I did a complete double take but didn't want to be too obvious (since they hadn't called me yet I figured it probably wasn't ready and all that) so I drove next door to the Nissan dealership and drove around their parking lot for awhile until the guy taking pictures left, then I went back and looked at it for myself, decided that it had to be mine... so I called up my dad to tell him it was there and he called my salesman to talk to him about it. Meanwhile, I went to pick up my proof of insurance. Dad called me back and said to head on up to the dealership and they would get it ready to go for me... no one really mentioned why they hadn't called me but I just assumed maybe they didn't have it inspected yet or something, I didn't really care to be honest! Got there and they were washing it, I took some pictures of it in the service area... then went to sign some paperwork. They had written out a new invoice for me with the new Sky pricing and I argued that because I had placed my order before the price had went up. My salesman said he didn't really know what to do about it so he got the manager and he didn't really seem willing to budge -- I asked him if he could please just contact GM and inquire about it because I'd read a couple others on this forum who were in similar situations and got their car at the old price. Sure enough, he informed me that I would be price protected and recieve the old price. I signed some more forms and then I was on my way! It drives a heck of a lot different than my old car (Pontiac Sunfire) but definitely in a good way... I love it already and it was worth the wait!! I will post pictures when I get them back but they are on a disposable camera because my digital is being repaired currently... just wanted to share the story though and thank everyone for the help you have given me along the way!!! :cheers: :D :D :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
congrats, they probably hadnt called you yet because they needed to do PDI (pre deliverey inspection, to check and make sure everything is find with the car mechanically and cosmetically)

·
Registered
239 Posts
WHohoo!! Maybe mine will be here tomorrow =)
Enjoy the drive and dont forget the pictures.

Marco

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sparkle I am SOOO happy for you!!! Have fun girl, you deserve it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Congrats!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
enjoy, your ride sparkle!!!.......WHAT A GREAT DAY THAT WAS!....:cheers:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats...enjoy, and pictures please.

·
Registered
246 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
... with the boyfriend I decided to drop ...
Hey now! Does he know this yet? :jester:

Congrats and happy driving!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congratulations

I can only imagine how excited you are !!!! :cheers:
When did you order yours? I placed my order the end of May
and all the Saturn folks can tell me is that my order is accepted and
they are waiting for a Vin #.

It is nice to see some of ya'll are getting deliveries.

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Manual
6 Disk Monsoon

Waiting......and waiting....and waiting......in Alabama

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats!

Congratulations on your delivery.:cheers: Glad to see that you were price protected. It's good to know that type of thing, we may have the same issue when ours comes in. Hope you enjoy your new ride!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
"Today on my way home from lunch with the boyfriend I decided to drop" ... did I read that correctly? :eek:

Now wait a minute ... he did not even get to ride in it ... he lost out twice. :banghead:

But you hit three home runs.

Dumped a guy you no longer loved ...peacefully over lunch.
Your SKY arrived at the dealers.
You negotiated for the car's orginial pricing .. and won!

Girl I sure hope you bought yourself a lottery ticket on the way home!
Happy trails! :driving:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats !!!!

You are really going to enjoy your new Black Beauty. I'm glad they honored the price protection for you, that could have turned out to be a real bummer taking away the excitement of getting your new ride. When I picked mine up the MSRP was actually a few dollars UNDER the build price I had taken to the dealer when I put down my deposit. :)

ENJOY !!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am so jealous!

I can't believe your Sky is here and mine isn't here yet! I placed my order back in MARCH!

I called the dealership and they have no idea where my car is. It was supposed to have been here no later than Monday, 7/31. :banghead:

Oh well. :willy:

I'm glad you got the original pricing. I was told that I would not have to pay the increased price. Of course now I don't know who to believe!

Post pics, Sparkle. When mine gets here we'll have to meet up somewhere!

Patty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Woo HOo!! Congrats to you!

Now, try not to giggle too much while you're driving :lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
CONGRATS:thumbs:

We just found out today that on 7/31 we where at 4000:banghead: whatever that means:mad:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts