Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a long wait since March 06 2006, my RL was born last week and today I got her Vin# 1G8MG35X87Y115701!!!:cheers:

This should be the first Production RL in the world with my color combination!

Chili Pepper Red exterior, with Cobalt Red leather inserts and Black Top!

She is loaded with chrome wheels, premium trim, rear spoiler, and 6 disc Monsoon XM stereo system. All other features are standard....

Delivery estimates show it at my dealer the latest by 11/19!

I am soooo excited!!!:willy: :D :drool: :crazy

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!:jester:

I also sold my base Sky today!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
How did you get that color combination

I wish to have the same combo (Chillipepper with red interior). Of course, the website or dealer's selection sheet won't allow you to order it that way. So, please share how you were able to do this. Also, I wish to change the top to Tan vs. Black on this combination. What do you think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wish to have the came combo (Chillipepper with red interior). Of course, the website or dealer's selection sheet won't allow you to order it that way. So, please share how you were able to do this. Also, I wish to change the top to Tan vs. Black on this combination. What do you think?
Quite simple, really. All you have to do is move to Canada, and then you can order CP red with the red interior. It's not available in the US.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish to have the came combo (Chillipepper with red interior). Of course, the website or dealer's selection sheet won't allow you to order it that way. So, please share how you were able to do this. Also, I wish to change the top to Tan vs. Black on this combination. What do you think?
Yes, this is a Canada only optional color combination....

·
Registered
87 Posts
this is strange but i saw your car in the plant the other day. the red/black interior usually doesn't do anything for me but in a red car it really looked nice......congratulations!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's so dumb that they'll allow that combination in Canada, but not elsewhere. Is there specific reasoning behind that?

BTW, is it possible to order Sunburst Yellow exterior with the Red/Black interior in Canada too? 'Cuz if so, my wife and I will have a bone to pick with some high-ups. (she really wants the red/black interior with the Yellow exterior)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations :cheers: on your Red Line AND the sale of your base...hopefully you won't have to drive her home in the snow!

·
Registered
204 Posts
NIce try buddy, mine in the same color scheme shipped from the factory the ninth of this month and I'm in the US! :lol: Don't be telling us stories and be sure to take pride in being number 2! :jester:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah for that ! Mine will be the same except i didnt take 6cd chargers

I saw your base Sky on autotrader as well!

Look really sharp! I cant wait to see a Chilli Pepper RedLine!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nope. That's what I originally wanted, too.
OK, well, at least we don't have to go complaining to anyone else then.

Still...I really don't understand why they wouldn't want to offer the Chilli Pepper w/ Red/Black interior to everyone in general. I think it will make an INCREDIBLE combination. Can't wait to see pics! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah for that ! Mine will be the same except i didnt take 6cd chargers
Strangely enough, even though I'm winding up with one of them, it wouldn't have been my first choice. I like the all black interior. Oh well, into every life a few raindrops must fall... :lol:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Haha, where do you live? My wife would gladly swap interiors with you, lol.

(I have absolutely no idea how extensive of a project that would be, lol)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is strange but i saw your car in the plant the other day. the red/black interior usually doesn't do anything for me but in a red car it really looked nice......congratulations!!
Wow! That is freaky that you saw my car last week getting built!!:eek:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
NIce try buddy, mine in the same color scheme shipped from the factory the ninth of this month and I'm in the US! :lol: Don't be telling us stories and be sure to take pride in being number 2! :jester:
As I said "this should be the 1st production RL with this color combo"

How did you get the Chili Pepper Red exterior with the Cobalt Red interior in the US???

It is a Canada only option??? Did they make a mistake on your order??:confused:

I will believe it only when I see your pics........:nono:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BTW, is it possible to order Sunburst Yellow exterior with the Red/Black interior in Canada too? 'Cuz if so, my wife and I will have a bone to pick with some high-ups. (she really wants the red/black interior with the Yellow exterior)
Nope, in Canada the Yellow only comes with black leather, no cloth option..... also the top is only available in black.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts