Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out my SKY was built on Monday and was shipped on Thursday!! Looks like the process is moving along at a more predictable pace now, based on my progress and that of others on the forum. My dates are almost the same as Skywolf's (It's a race from wilmington to Detroit & Atlanta:driving: ) I was told it will take about 2 weeks from this point, seems reasonable.
So does the fact that I've moved to 4200 mean that it's on a train or is it just sitting in a rail yard somewhere?
It's going to be a great second half of summer.:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Count me in the race! My Sky went to 4000 - available to ship - on Sunday, so mine should also be in transit. That was fast for your car. I went to 3400 on 5/27...almost a month before you. That is great!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
MISky said:
Just found out my SKY was built on Monday and was shipped on Thursday!! Looks like the process is moving along at a more predictable pace now, based on my progress and that of others on the forum. My dates are almost the same as Skywolf's (It's a race from wilmington to Detroit & Atlanta:driving: ) I was told it will take about 2 weeks from this point, seems reasonable.
So does the fact that I've moved to 4200 mean that it's on a train or is it just sitting in a rail yard somewhere?
It's going to be a great second half of summer.:cool:
Wow, you have given me some better guidelines. A July 15 arrival date or so would be great for me..and you too! What is your vin# ? Mine is 4610, curious how close we are. MMSKY's SKy will probably beat us! When did you go to 4200. Check the codes on the list the Moderators posted for us.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skywulf said:
Wow, you have given me some better guidelines. A July 15 arrival date or so would be great for me..and you too! What is your vin# ? Mine is 4610, curious how close we are. MMSKY's SKy will probably beat us! When did you go to 4200. Check the codes on the list the Moderators posted for us.
I went 4200 on the 29th of June and have a VIN of 4305. Are you sure yours is 4610? What day was it built?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
How cool... it is GREAT seeing all the NEWBORNS COME IN.... it is so exciting... it makes me think of when my SKYBABY was new...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
MISky said:
I went 4200 on the 29th of June and have a VIN of 4305. Are you sure yours is 4610? What day was it built?
I am not sure, but when I was accepted for production 3300 on May 26, they told my TPW on June 26. Totally sure my vin is 4610..:) Well, as sure as I can be with GM who is not computer literate. I wish he'd give me a crack at the keyboard. :lol: Anyway, mine showed as in transit on Friday so, you know, it will get here soon enough! But wow we are in the 4000s!

·
Registered
421 Posts
MISky said:
Does anyone know how long it actually takes to build these? Actual time on the line?

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is not a science that can be calculated. Skywulfs vin# is over 1000 cars after ours and will be delivered before ours, so go figure. It will make you nuts, but keep trying, that's all part of the game........Maverick is still among those who wait as all the others around get their SKYs

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Maverick said:
This is not a science that can be calculated. Skywulfs vin# is over 1000 cars after ours and will be delivered before ours, so go figure. It will make you nuts, but keep trying, that's all part of the game........Maverick is still among those who wait as all the others around get their SKYs
Oh, Mav, I hope you get yours before me cause you have waited longer. I honestly doubt mine will be here before the last week of July early Aug. In fact, husband is going on a mountain climb for several weeks, I was hoping to get the car so we could ride in it together before then....so, fate being what it is, I know it won't get here by then. :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Does anyone know how long it actually takes to build these? Actual time on the line?
Early on someone calculated about 30+ hours (man hours) --- if you check the production rates (usually posted near teh first of teh month - for teh prceeding month -- look like 3100 cars a month getting more and more each moth
So if they are 24/7 about 4-5 cars an hour....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skywulf said:
Oh, Mav, I hope you get yours before me cause you have waited longer. I honestly doubt mine will be here before the last week of July early Aug. In fact, husband is going on a mountain climb for several weeks, I was hoping to get the car so we could ride in it together before then....so, fate being what it is, I know it won't get here by then. :lol:
It looks like Rick's was delivered 10 days after it was built. So it's possible we could have ours early next week. I sure am hoping.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You have to remember that I live very near the Chicago Heights yard. This is where the train from Lordstown comes in and unloads the local SKYs and trucks them out. The truck took an hour to get here -- Depending where you are in the state will dictate how long before you get your car. Many trucks will not leave until they have a minimum of cars on board, so that could be a delay. Or you may be far enough to where they send a train car closer to you. That could delay. So, unless you live in the Chicagoland area, the 8-10 days is iffy, at best

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
You have to remember that I live very near the Chicago Heights yard. This is where the train from Lordstown comes in and unloads the local SKYs and trucks them out. The truck took an hour to get here -- Depending where you are in the state will dictate how long before you get your car. Many trucks will not leave until they have a minimum of cars on board, so that could be a delay. Or you may be far enough to where they send a train car closer to you. That could delay. So, unless you live in the Chicagoland area, the 8-10 days is iffy, at best
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Rick and I ordered within the same dealership network and had cars built within the same week...he got his 10 days after his was built, and I got mine 31 days after mine was built. So...there is no real way of telling when your car will arrive. All I can say is...hope for the best, but keep your expectations realistic. :thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts