Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love hearing of new things to add to my SKY that make a big difference

1. Stubby antenna
2. Chrome door lock knobs
3. Clear windscreen
4. Painting over the sun visor signs
5. Cell phone storage below the gas gauge
6. Glove compartment storage bin & coin holder

...and as the 7th lucky item, currently searching for luggage to fit nicely in the trunk with the top down (Dimensions 8 x 10 x as long as possible). I'm determined to find it!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

1. Stubby antenna
3. Clear windscreen

...and as the 7th lucky item, currently searching for luggage to fit nicely in the trunk with the top down (Dimensions 8 x 10 x as long as possible). I'm determined to find it!
Duffle bags -- they work perfectly - we have two (about 20-24 inches long on each)... get them matched -- you're good to go...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Only problem is that duffle bags = wrinkles and that's not cool with the lady.
If she's sitting in a Sky she looks cool wrinkled or not!:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Fitted Luggage

Have you looked at KappaSphere's fitted luggage?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Only problem is that duffle bags = wrinkles and that's not cool with the lady.
Apparently you do not know how to pack.... No wrinkles when we pack.. (old Boyscout days...):D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Apparently you do not know how to pack.... No wrinkles when we pack.. (old Boyscout days...):D
:agree: The key to 'no wrinkles' is a trick I learned from packing for my many motorcycle trips....rolling your clothes, instead of folding them. Not only does it keep the wrinkles at bay, but it saves space too. :thumbs: Space bags (the bags where you compress the air out) are also good when you are tight on space.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:agree: The key to 'no wrinkles' is a trick I learned from packing for my many motorcycle trips....rolling your clothes, instead of folding them. Not only does it keep the wrinkles at bay, but it saves space too. :thumbs: Space bags (the bags where you compress the air out) are also good when you are tight on space.
I knew I liked you from day one... Rollin' rollin' rollin'.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Duffle bags are the way to go. My husband and I went on a weekend trip this past weekend and were able to pack all of our clothes and have the top down! We used the roll your clothes trick, so we weren't even wrinkled at church on Sunday! You can pack alot more in there than you think that you can, especially if you get a duffle that will fit in front of the license plate, underneath the lip at the back.:yesnod:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Need to elaborate

1. Stubby antenna
3. Clear windscreen

Don't know if you posted this before but can you elaborate on item 5 and 6 or better yet do you have pictures of what you have done? And if you purchased a special item what was it?
thanks for this information it helps all of us.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Duffle bags are the way to go. My husband and I went on a weekend trip this past weekend and were able to pack all of our clothes and have the top down! We used the roll your clothes trick, so we weren't even wrinkled at church on Sunday! You can pack alot more in there than you think that you can, especially if you get a duffle that will fit in front of the license plate, underneath the lip at the back.:yesnod:
Plastic Grocery bags, cheap, easy to find, easily replaced, don;t take up much space, if you roll your clothes then you can get alot into them...:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Plastic grocery bags:thumbs: Also you can go to Wal Mart and buy those clear plastic cosmetic zipper bags in various shapes and sizes, but for me, plastic grovery bags and my SKY beverage cooler, tucked neatly away in the trunk, opposite the air pump. Actually the coolers have been around for acouple of years, my parts man had to find them in an old catalogue. Thanks to Mark for this, as he had the first one, I just followed suit.:thumbs:

·
Registered
366 Posts
lol, there's just something wrong about the image of a nice couple getting out of their beautiful new SKY, opening their trunk, and going into the hotel with some nice blue walmart grocery bags full of clothes to check in. :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are some 15" long duffle bags by Tournamax ( $12-15 at luggageforless.net) that fit perfectly. Check out photo in My Gallery. I put 3 of them in the trunk with room for a small soft cooler. The top still fits inside nicely.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Sounds like duffle bags are the way to go :thumbs:

Of course I also like the idea of the space bags that compress the colthes, maybe I should get a patent on space duffle bags :lol: :lol: I could make a million dollars
I could buy two Skys then :jester: (or maybe the price of a cup of joe) :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
anyone else here feel the same way as i do about the interior lighting color? I know it's not often to find a car that comes with cool colors, but the bland orange-ish......red-ish, somewhere in between kinda annoys me. I've seen on many other cars DIY's of replacing interior LED's with whatever color you want, and putting everything back together again. Really looks rather slick. Hell, if you REALLY wanted to spend the money, invest in color changing LED's (i believe they make them small enough) so your interior has a subtle color change to it.

This does however require to literally tear apart your console and get in there with a solder iron, which I'm going to be rather nervous about after waiting for this car for god knows how long. Anyone else have any suggestions for minor changes?

I also plan on installing 8'' or 10" neons under the dash and have them linked to a remote switch on my key rings. Possibly even the etched clear windscreen that everyone's been raving about.

·
Registered
994 Posts
There are some 15" long duffle bags by Tournamax ( $12-15 at luggageforless.net) that fit perfectly. Check out photo in My Gallery. I put 3 of them in the trunk with room for a small soft cooler. The top still fits inside nicely.
Does that work with the top down in the trunk? They look great.

·
Registered
994 Posts
anyone else here feel the same way as i do about the interior lighting color? I know it's not often to find a car that comes with cool colors, but the bland orange-ish......red-ish, somewhere in between kinda annoys me. I've seen on many other cars DIY's of replacing interior LED's with whatever color you want, and putting everything back together again. Really looks rather slick. Hell, if you REALLY wanted to spend the money, invest in color changing LED's (i believe they make them small enough) so your interior has a subtle color change to it.

This does however require to literally tear apart your console and get in there with a solder iron, which I'm going to be rather nervous about after waiting for this car for god knows how long. Anyone else have any suggestions for minor changes?

I also plan on installing 8'' or 10" neons under the dash and have them linked to a remote switch on my key rings. Possibly even the etched clear windscreen that everyone's been raving about.
Personally, I love a car that has a redish/orangish dash color at night, if that is what you refer to. I hate the white/yellowy glow most cars have.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Personally, I love a car that has a redish/orangish dash color at night, if that is what you refer to. I hate the white/yellowy glow most cars have.
It is what i'm referring to. I don't mind it as long as it's closer to the red spectrum than orange. Orange interior gauges and radio displays seem cheesy and a bit ugly considering the Black piano finish around the center console.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts