Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in love.

I've never owned a yellow car before but I would NOT hesitate on doing it again. I love the color. It's flashy, fun, and an attention getter. I had the man in the paint store tell me yesterday that I should have brought a beater car cause now he knows what I can afford. Another lady yelled at me while waiting in traffic. Kids turn their heads.

I've decided to put on the front license plate. I was going to leave it off but in Maryland it is a primary moving offense. This didn't bother me too much until I thought that maybe one night I might have drank 2 beers and drove home. A cop could pull me over and arrest me for DUI even if I just drink 2 beers. It's not worth it at this point.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yellow is THE attention getter. Very few cars look good in yellow - SKY is one of the tops. :cool:
I am very happy with my decision :thumbs:
Love the reactin to it as I :driving: by!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered it.

I ordered a redline in yelow and I cant wait for her tom come in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've decided to put on the front license plate. I was going to leave it off but in Maryland it is a primary moving offense. This didn't bother me too much until I thought that maybe one night I might have drank 2 beers and drove home. A cop could pull me over and arrest me for DUI even if I just drink 2 beers. It's not worth it at this point.[/QUOTE]

Good idea about the front plate. I know too many people in Maryland who have been caught and fined. It is not worth it, the car looks great with the front plate on too.

·
Registered
420 Posts
MrJester said:
I'm still in love.

I've never owned a yellow car before but I would NOT hesitate on doing it again. I love the color. It's flashy, fun, and an attention getter.

:agree:

Same situation here. I've always wanted a yellow sports car and very glad I chose yellow for my Sky.
Besides, my last car colors were white, red, & silver so I had to try something different. :D

·
Registered
18,100 Posts
if u don't want to spoil the front end look of the car, I suggest u just silicone the plate to the plastic inside the grill..either left or right...this way it looks fine...if u don't silicone it, u can use wire to adhere it...just a suggestion!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've added the bracket. It was a snap except for crying over drilling 2 holes in my car (just kidding). It took less than 3 minutes for the installation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was going to get yellow in my car, but the way the dealer and payment stuff went, I wound up with Moonlight Blue... After going back and looking at the yellow again and again, and seeing yellow cars wize by me on the highway, it is one sharp color to get, especially with a sporty car.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As my granson says:
"Grandpa's car....It's the best!"

Sunni is a beauty:cheers:

We should start a yellow car club!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
After going back and looking at the yellow again and again, and seeing yellow cars wize by me on the highway, it is one sharp color to get, especially with a sporty car.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

I am suffering from Yellow fever. I hope my receiving a Sunburst Yellow Redline will be the cure.:D :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
That Yellow sure is an eye-catcher. I saw one at the dealer and it was awsome. So why did I choose Silver Pearl? I guess it's like was said before...just couldn't make up my mind what color to get, or maybe I just couldn't see myself driving that flashy Yellow, as beautiful as it is. Great choices to the Yellow drivers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yellow Mello

:agree: at first I "thought" I wanted the Silver Pearl but when I saw it in yellow I just had to have it. Attention getter it is you sure do get noticed. Enjoy! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This is a interesting question ... why did each of us choose the color we did ? :grouphug: discussion and a self examine of inter-self.

I guess I am attracted to subtle classy low maintenance things at this stage of life. I like the darker colors too, but keeping them shiny over for the next few years turned me off. And my current car is a two tone white/gray. When I was younger I had a metalic apple red two seater hard top. Loved it, but hated the belt buckle scratches from admirers. Yellow sure is beautiful but just not me. But as we all agree ... any and all colors look great on this car!
:cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Skystar said:
I guess it's like was said before...just couldn't make up my mind what color to get, or maybe I just couldn't see myself driving that flashy Yellow, as beautiful as it is.
I know exactly what you mean! I ordered Green/Tan. 5 days later I got a call saying they had a Red/Black SKY available with the same options I ordered. I turned it down because I have never seen myself as a "red" person. 5 minutes after hanging up the phone I decided I was stupid! A gorgeous RED car after only 5 days of waiting, or 6 months waiting for my Green/Tan car that I had never seen in person (I might not even like the color combo when I saw it). 5 minutes after THAT thought, I called the deal back and said I'd be right down!

Turns out I am a RED person after all....who'd a thunkit? :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts