Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the money down on my Silver Sky on May 31st. Here is my story....

1100 Preliminary order accepted 6/02/06
1102 preliminary order added thru the web 6/02/06
2000 accepted by GM 6/23/06
2500 preferenced 6/28/06
3000 Accepted by production control 6/28/06
3100 Available to sequence 7/24/07
3000 Accepted by production control 7/29/06

Sounds good to me at this point........then !!!!!

2570 In system return Request to order plant 8/4/06
2100 In system return pending 8/4/06
2097 Plant cancel confirmed 8/5/06
2000 Accepted by GM 8/5/06
2090 Order on hold 8/5/06
2051 Order changed thru web 8/10/06
2040 Mass order change 8/11/06

I understand I had ordered the standard wheels, and I upgraded to the Chrome so I could stay in line........

Anyone know what the heck is going on??? :willy:

My dealer says I'm back to preferenced??? :banghead: :banghead:

Any insite from you that have been through this???

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Chrome.....at least I told my dealership to upgrade me when the std was unavailable
Manual Tranny
Monsoon 6 Disk

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hang in there man! I put down my deposit in April and am #30 on the list. They say they are getting one or two per month. :mad: Imagine the wait I'm in for. Went to the dealer today where I saw a beautiful green with black roof and interior. They said it arrived this morning and it was ordered two months ago. While there I asked for another test drive and was once again amazed at the ride!:willy: It was just the hit I needed.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The re-edit is probably for the wheel change, don't worry, your order will move fast, check my event history in another thread. Hang in there you are a lot better shape then a lot of people, who would give anythhing to be in your spot.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Ernest, don't build his hopes up too much. I ordered mine in early July, I have a similar event code, but he and I have manuals. That will slow things down somewhat.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Macpar4 said:

2500 preferenced 6/28/06

I understand I had ordered the standard wheels, and I upgraded to the Chrome so I could stay in line........

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Chrome.....at least I told my dealership to upgrade me when the std was unavailable
Manual Tranny
Monsoon 6 Disk
If this helps I live under 100 miles from the plant. I put my money down 1 day after you. I HAVEN'T HEARD A THING AND HAVE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES FOR EVENT CODES....THEY TELL ME "NOTHING YET"
HANG IN THERE!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Candy Store

HATE TO TELL YOU BRO...BUT YOU SOUND LIKE A CHILD IN A CANDY STORE AND MOMMY JUST SAID NO TO THAT PEANUT BUTTER CUP!

SERIOUS DUDE....chill!

YOU Think you're the only one that waited for your SKY?

YOU think people are not waiting today still for their SKYS?

I put my payment down in MARCH...Drove mine home in JULY!

Just chill out....when it gets to you...it will get to you!

What do you want them to rush you a DEFECTED ONE so you can say you got it in your driveway?

Believe me...ask the first SKY OWNERS...you don't want a defected SKY.

You will get your Sky...all you need to do is stop being that child in the candy store right now.

Alohas :cool:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Macpar4 said:

2500 preferenced 6/28/06

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Manual Tranny
Monsoon 6 Disk

Macpar, Relax. Maybe I shouldn't of sent you your codes and you would of been much happier. If you think yours is bad, when I got my first Solstice they moved me to code 3800 and gave me a vin number then took it away and they had to input all the info again. They used my order as a test car. And if you are getting the Red Line this could of happened to you.

Next, when they inputed my order for the second time it moved really fast. In one day I went from 2000 to 3400 and made a few days after. So this can happen to you.

But they are pumping out the Base Sky's and Solstice's, so if you got a base you shouldn't have a long wait.,

·
Registered
322 Posts
"macpar4"......TRUST IN DELUKE.....but keep the "nite-lite" on.......just in case.

I honestly think that part of this car is the wait....and it will be well worth it. Sort of like a "rite of passage" as it were.

Think of David Carridine at your dealership, now close your eyes and hear his words............."only those who have suffered can truly atain the path of smooth asphalt, sunny skys, mid-80 degree top down..... right foot planted flat on the F******* floor :driving: :driving: ....."this is said in the prophyesy of the brochure..:confused: .....:nono: we must wait for the the "UNIT" :banghead: as the wait purifies us:brentil: and gives us the time :willy: to dwell on our choices......this it is said young Grasshopper"....your milage may differ!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
REDSKY said:
HATE TO TELL YOU BRO...BUT YOU SOUND LIKE A CHILD IN A CANDY STORE AND MOMMY JUST SAID NO TO THAT PEANUT BUTTER CUP!

SERIOUS DUDE....chill!

YOU Think you're the only one that waited for your SKY?

YOU think people are not waiting today still for their SKYS?

I put my payment down in MARCH...Drove mine home in JULY!

Just chill out....when it gets to you...it will get to you!

What do you want them to rush you a DEFECTED ONE so you can say you got it in your driveway?

Believe me...ask the first SKY OWNERS...you don't want a defected SKY.

You will get your Sky...all you need to do is stop being that child in the candy store right now.

Alohas :cool:
I don't think he should chill. He's excited about a car for probably the first time in his life. I mean the Solstice and Sky just does this to you. They are 2 special beauty's !!! When I got my Solstice it was like being 8 again and Santa just came. ( and I'm 52 ) And it will be the same or worst when my GXP comes in.

But relax and take a deep breath. I do have a feeling yours will move along pretty fast now. I'll PM you later.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I can understand the excitemnt and anquish, having already been thru this back in Jan, I realize his anticipation, Lord know some of the old forum family members can attest to my high anxiety:lol: :lol: I was such a newbie then, amd this forum helped me maintain an even strain and gave me the support and understanding I needed. I highly recommend spending a lot of time on the forum, it eases the wait a might. :thumbs: :thumbs: That is what I prescribe, and if I can help, PM me. The Doctor is in:thumbs:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Half the excitmentt was the waiting remember anticipation commerical? Its worth the wait. Print out a pic to ease your pain visit the forum often you'll be in good company and we all understand the "hurry up and wait" game.

Remember breatheeeeeeeee :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Too too funny

CUINOZ said:
"macpar4"......TRUST IN DELUKE.....but keep the "nite-lite" on.......just in case.

I honestly think that part of this car is the wait....and it will be well worth it. Sort of like a "rite of passage" as it were.

Think of David Carridine at your dealership, now close your eyes and hear his words............."only those who have suffered can truly atain the path of smooth asphalt, sunny skys, mid-80 degree top down..... right foot planted flat on the F******* floor :driving: :driving: ....."this is said in the prophyesy of the brochure..:confused: .....:nono: we must wait for the the "UNIT" :banghead: as the wait purifies us:brentil: and gives us the time :willy: to dwell on our choices......this it is said young Grasshopper"....your milage may differ!
GRASSHOPPER!! God I love this forum. Makes my sad heart laugh again!! You guys are the best!! As for Macpar4, hang in there. One day you will love sharing your story of the wait. We have all been there and it is well worth the wait. Sharing with the Sky forum family is half the fun!!
Theresa:cool:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Macpar4 said:

2500 preferenced 6/28/06

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Manual Tranny
Monsoon 6 Disk

I have to run but your last code is back to 3000 Accepted by production control 8/15/06 I'll PM you when I get back.:thumbs: :thumbs:

I'll be back to post the people I have later.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I remember the wait all too well. I found out about the car way before it was in production (Aug 05) and placed an "order". Well ,it was really just a piece of paper saying I could order when they were in Production. There was no price set or production date set for the car. But I wanted it and I waited a long 9 months to get mine. Im sure there are a few that have waited longer. Was the wait worth it? Yes. Did it make me crazy? Yes. Would I do it again? Yes. When I see folks talk about waiting a short 3-4 months I just shake my head and smile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts