Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After considerable thought I have decided to get my Red Line with the same identical options as my first born baby, twins so to speak:lol: I will get the automatic though, as Kathy and I aren't getting any younger and as her arhtritis and my health declines, we can still have a hoot with our SKY. Old #699 will still get driven but not as much and will live a comfortable life with her honored spot in my garage. Looks klike a 4 car garage minimum when we build our house.:D

My SKY R/L:

Silverpearl/Red Leather/Chrome Wheels/LSD/Spoiler/Monsoon/Heavy Suspension Package/Automatic Was told I will be able to order from dealer image in July. :thumbs: Looks like we are a 2 SKY family :D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Cool... :cool:

Mine will be a 5 Speed Manual Silver Graphite with either the Red/Black or all Black Leather (have not made my mind yet) Single CD/MP3 Monsoon with XM Radio, Chrome Wheels, Spoiler. :thumbs: Should be AWESOME!!!

Can't wait...

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree with you, it will be great. Silver Graphite was seriously considered, in fact I haven't seen a silver graphite up close and personal, only the color panels, and as I have already learned pictures don't do the SKY justice, might change if I get to see one live. Looks like I am back in the posting position again,

thinks are starting to level off here, I think,.

You should go with the Red Leather Option as next to the overall appreance of the SKY, it draws the most compliments. Trust me on this one!!! Right Marklynn70?

·
Registered
162 Posts
1st on the list for
Yellow w/automatic, LSD (whoa!) Monsooooon, leather.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
I agree with you, it will be great. Silver Graphite was seriously considered, in fact I haven't seen a silver graphite up close and personal, only the color panels, and as I have already learned pictures don't do the SKY justice, might change if I get to see one live. Looks like I am back in the posting position again,

thinks are starting to level off here, I think,.

You should go with the Red Leather Option as next to the overall appearance of the SKY, it draws the most compliments. Trust me on this one!!! Right Marklynn70?
I'm STRONGLY leaning toward it. The Red Leather will definitely make a statement... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Midnight Blue

I think Midnight Blue will be the color for me - but may have to get the chrome trim around the brake colling ducts painted to match - while I like the chrome and even the accent in that are on the base Sky - I am not too fond of the chrome outline around the duct on the Red Line.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ernest,

After reading your post, my hopes of an earlier RL delivery soared. I called my dealership and was confirmed with the same "unofficial" rumor. Maybe I will be able to enjoy mine before it becomes a garage ornament for the winter since I'm #2 in the area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Midnight Blue, Tan w/Black(if that's available), Auto, CAI, 6 disk Monsoon(will be modified with a JL factory Kit and most likely Boston Acoustics speakers and quality amplification), Spoiler, 18" Chrome, License Plate Frame(Required), Locking Gas Cap, Wind Screen, Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, and most likely a new exhaust.

The JL kit allows you to use the factory radio and all the steering wheel controls but swap out the crappy sound system and replace it with your own amps and speakers.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you will, as dealer images come available just shortly before customer images do. Launch of R/L should go smoother & quicker than initial launch. My opinion only though, and as everyone on this forum knows I certainly have them:lol: :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ah... a few words regarding the quandary of color choice while I wait for the sweet Sky RL.

My top choices are between the Chili Peper Red and the Midnight Blue.

My wife prefers the Blue. She thinks the Red might be too ostentatious and the proverbial "cop attention getter". I'll be the one to drive it 98% of the time, and I don't mind the attention (except from the cops...lol). I won't be driving the RL much of the time in a reserved manner either, but I figure if a cop is around with or without radar it won't matter much what color the car is... he'll probably be paying attention anyway.

In one fashion, I'm seriously considering the Red because I've polled many middle-aged men at my office and to a person, Red is what sports car are... period. (none of that yellow or orange crowd around my place... or even the more currently in vogue graphite). I tend to agree... in most of my traditional memories of the worlds classiest sports cars, most have been red... including the most famous red of all time, the blood red of a Ferrari. I think the Sky looks great in Red, I've seen one at a local dealer. The color (being lighter than the Midnight Blue) brings out more of the details of the car... and that is a good thing. To me, some cars (I'm thinking of the unadorned base version of the M-B SLK350) look better overall with many of their details obscured. Not so the Sol and the Skys. They look great from all angles and they ARE true classical sports cars. They aren't some sedan, SUV or truck painted Red that don't have a sporting bone in their body.

I've never owned a red car, but the SKY RL would definitely do that color justice.

My attraction for the Midnight Blue harkens back to my earliest love affair with my dream sports car... the Shelby Cobra. That muscle car didn't need the red of a Ferrari... it just added a pair of white stripes down the center of the deep, dark blue. My first sports car, the limited edition 10th anniv. NB Miata came in a similar deep blue. The deep blue color of the Sky is a more conservative than the Red... it won't provoke as much love-it-or-hate it opinions. As such, it might be easier to live with for a long time... and damn I still adore the look of those Shelby's! The deep blue looks black in many lower light situations, and in that sense would face almost the same need to keep it sparkling clean as a black car to look its best.

Perhaps in the final analysis, I would be happy with either color in the sense of my preconceptions of the appearance of those two colors. But one of the reasons I'll be buying the Sky RL is its great looks, as I perceive it and as perceived by most average and enthusiast drivers on the road. So the image projected by the color aspect of the car to other drivers is also important to me... and in that respect is where I am most unsure of what these two colors would project on this car to A) the average driver and B) the sportier enthusiast drivers. I guess for the enthusiasts opinions, I'll keep reading these forums! :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Signed contract on my Redline

I have a midnight Blue with black top and Black Leather and loaded. I love the car but i want more power. I had them write it up Bluestone and added spoiler loaded the same as first one. I'm guaranteed the First Redline at Dealership at MSRP in writing. As soon as pricing is released the Owner said I would be ordered with the first available image. So I'll enjoy my new toy all summer and hopefully enjoying more power in the fall.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This car rocks in red it blew me away wHen i saw the car in person. But still may tone down with the darker gray going to see a slate grey tomorow so i will know more on thurs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Black Black Black....

My brothers 2000 SS is a black on black TTop car, my 530i is Black on black, and the Sky RL will follow suit :D

1st on the list here too, I emailed the salesman yesterday he said there is now 6 people behind me on the list.

·
Registered
138 Posts
WOW seen my first yellow sky today it looked mad crazy really sharp, So far to me annyways it seems the red and the yellow are th only ones that seem to jump out at you when you look them over. True Sports Car Effect.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep...and I'll just bet they "jump out" in the eyes of the local LEO's too. :D :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
nscrbug said:
Yep...and I'll just bet they "jump out" in the eyes of the local LEO's too. :D :lol:

Thats why cruise control is my friend.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm thinking blue stone or a chilli pepper red, blue stone for now untill I can see a pic of a R/L in red.
So hot....

Can any GM experts point out which cars now would have blue stone so I could check it out in person?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Black? Never ever again. Black requires 3 hours of maintence every week and it can only stay clean for about five minutes::banghead: :willy:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts