Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They want info on my Sky. I started filling it out but most of mine will be blank. Most of the pages are about problems you might be experiencing and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
When I filled mine out I just made a note of the inconvience of the cup holder and the window switches. Other than that, no complaints...:thumbs:

·
Registered
160 Posts
JD Powers

I left most of mine blank also. Rather interesting on the problems listed on the survey.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You have to be careful with JD Powers surveys. Anything you put down, whether a cup holder or windshield wiper blade not working, it will be classified as a problem. The problem could be transmission or any of the ones I mentioned. You are never told when you read their surveys. It makes it really hard for a new car like the Sky to get a fair rating.
I only say this because if I got my Sky and I was upset with the cup holder I would not report it. Now if my transmission was messed up I would absolutely write it down. Things like a cup holder are for GM not JD Powers.

Lets make sure the SKY gets a good rating based on quality of car. Not on our stuff like a cup holder. Its time to give GM (Saturn) a helping hand for doing such a good job. Not a slap in the face.:) :) :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
As much as I may have wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to lie. So I didn't. My true experience will be in the mix, averaged in with the others who had no issues with their cars. I think it's actually better to tell the truth anyway for two reasons:

• People look to the JD Power ratings when trying to decide what car to buy, and I think it would be unfair to mislead them into thinking the car is problem free for everyone.
  • GM looks at the ratings and to see what they need to improve. The survey is pretty in-depth and if Saturn sees that they have some -uh- issues with the QC on these cars, they should take steps to improve. As a group, if we don't speak up when something's wrong, it only serves to exacerbate problems for future buyers.

Don't get me wrong- I would love to see an honest survey that shows no problems for anyone. I just think GM needs to earn it on merit, not because we all love our cars so much we're willing to throw off the results.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree reedred... I wasn't going to at first, but I then decided to put down the annoyances like the location of the power window switches, etc. I don't remember the exact category, but I remember marking the problem being with the "Location" of them only and I put it as something very minor.

I really don't know much about what they do with these surveys, but if something's bothering you about the car (even if it's minor like this), then you should note it. It's the only way they'll know what to improve on it and make it better!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ditto Ditto. I gave the car a clean bill of health- but an anoyance with the placement of the window buttons. Now I don't have a problem with them as I am used to operating them...go figure.

·
Registered
18,114 Posts
i ripped up my first survey they sent me...then they sent another one with a one dollar bill....i filled out the survey and mailed them the dollar back...r they for REAL!!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
marlboromike said:
i ripped up my first survey they sent me...then they sent another one with a one dollar bill....i filled out the survey and mailed them the dollar back...r they for REAL!!!!
Aw man! If Id had waited, I could've had a dollar? Crap!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Agreed! The survey won't distinguish probelm types and if we are too picky about design issues, the car will be rated as a problem car. Let's all get the word out so the reputation stays fair.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Agreed! The survey won't distinguish probelm types and if we are too picky about design issues, the car will be rated as a problem car. Let's all get the word out so the reputation stays fair.

I agree and I'm throwing my survey in the trash.
All my little problems have been fixed or are being addressed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts