Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a lot of info on these but they are as far back as 2007 and a lot of the links are outdated

anybody have a current link for the pucks for the sky? I like the plastic or rather rubber ones if possible. I would like to get 4 for when it's on a lift.

Also what is recommended leaving them in or just carrying them with me in my spacous truck?

thanks in advance
Greg

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I know there is a lot of info on these but they are as far back as 2007 and a lot of the links are outdated

anybody have a current link for the pucks for the sky? I like the plastic or rather rubber ones if possible. I would like to get 4 for when it's on a lift.

Also what is recommended leaving them in or just carrying them with me in my spacous truck?

thanks in advance
Greg
I bought 4 polished aluminum last month from GQ Industries LLC through Ebay. Only $49. I took the car in for service last week and the mechanic said the jacking pucks worked fine. :thumbs:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
real hockey pucks? I thought the pucks for lifting the car had to have some form of stem to hold them in place?

·
Registered
200 Posts
real hockey pucks? I thought the pucks for lifting the car had to have some form of stem to hold them in place?
Yup. Real hockey pucks. You just put them on top of the lift pad, and store them in small box in the trunk (or a little bag) after use. For more information on the subject, you may want to take a look at the following thread.

Jacking Pucks - Pontiac Solstice Forum

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hockey pucks
Drill a hole in the center
Install a bolt with a butterfly nut
If you want to leave them on

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just surprised that the $18K car I just bought needs a hockey puck and a toggle bolt for me to jack it up......

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just surprised that the $18K car I just bought needs a hockey puck and a toggle bolt for me to jack it up......
Much cheaper than new fenders........ :cheers:

Terry

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts

Many cars like the Solstice and Sky benefit greatly from special attention and handling when lifting. As evidenced by the number of broken and bent fenders.

The company selling you the car does not include lifting pucks but if you chose to have the car lifted without them then you are proceeding at considerable risk of damage.

Corvette
Corvette Jack Lifting Pads, 1997-2015 - Corvette Parts And Accessories

BMW
Amazon.com: BMW Jack Pad Adapter: Home Improvement

Porche
Amazon.com: Porsche Floor Jack Adapter 928 944 951 964 993 911 930 996 997 Boxster: Automotive

·
Registered
920 Posts
I hate to break this to you, but your car didn't come with a jack either so you'll need one of those also :lol:

-GT

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I hate to break this to you, but your car didn't come with a jack either so you'll need one of those also :lol:

-GT
Of course, once you get the proper jack and figure out how to use it in the proper way, what are you going to do? You don't have a proper spare tire, heck, you don't have ANY spare tire! :eek::confused:

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Your in good company. The Vette, porsche, BMW all require something like this to protect their bodies. The pucks I bought are specifically for the SKY. No drilling, cutting, toggle bolts, etc. required. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DaveOC - I have a lift and would like to rotate my tires without cracking a fender

Ardie - thanks for the input, I'll give them a try

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
DaveOC - I have a lift and would like to rotate my tires without cracking a fender
I was just having a little fun, but what I said about using the proper tool in the proper way applies. Personally, I use a block of wood between the jack and the lifting point in order to clear the fender, it's worked as well as the hockey puck, or the lifting pucks sold by many places on the internet.

If you have a lift, check the drawing in #1 and the placement in #3.

Credit the pic#4 to Marvic1

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts