Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember this being covered but I don't really remember the solution. I want to be able to jack up my sky from time to time. Change oil, check brake's and just get a look from time to time. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? I have a brand new very nice low profile jack that I want to use,I don't really want to go buy ramps! Has any of you sky owners jacked your car up yet? I thought there was some kind of donut you are suppose to buy and install on the car and then put your jack on that is this true?. I assume the manual tells you were to place a jack? I have to drive my car about 250 miles from the dealer to home and want to change the oil at 500 miles so I will be needed to get under the car soon after taking delivery which should be in about 2 weeks. Thanks for any help or advice I can get.

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
Check out the Solstice forum. They have the GM jack point sheet that will show you where to position the floor jack. I would link it but I have an...errr...emergancy to deal with at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Once you know what to look for it's very easy to find. However the main issue is you can NOT use a normal jack or car hoist by themselves because you'll crush your side panels. You need a have a Corvette jack insert (check Google) or some other object to space the jack from the jacking point to prevent it from crushing the side panels. If you look under the car along the edge of the frame rail and the side panels you'll see decent sized oval openings one near the front and one near the rear on each side. You insert the jack insert into these openings then rotate it to lock it in position. Then you can use a normal jack to raise the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts