Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
andrewplanet said:
I thought Jan 2nd was supposed to be ordering day. I haven't heard anything yet. What's going on?
that was just rumor and speculation, until you hear from your dealer i wouln't get to excited...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
January 2nd is supposed to be the day the world ends. :jester: January 5th is the day we order (or is that my birthday). I wouldn't wait for the dealer to call you. Keep an eye out here. This is likely where you'll here it first. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
January 2nd is supposed to be the day the world ends. :jester: January 5th is the day we order (or is that my birthday). I wouldn't wait for the dealer to call you. Keep an eye out here. This is likely where you'll here it first. :thumbs:
you never know about some people on here, because some say they have already ordered......How do you know Jan 5th is the day? I just talked to my dealer today and he still knows nothing.....

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I defintely wouldn't expect today to be an ordering day since a lot of places have today off due to the new year. Also I think today's a bank holiday too?

Don't expect ordering to start till GM shows off the Sky at LAIAS or NAIAS which are this week and next week.

Just go drewl on the SOlstice GXP specs to keep yourself busy for now. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd even be happy if they just gave us pricing. I want to see how hard they are going to rip off us Canadians with the exchange rate. If it's more than 1.2 I'll be heading down to the US to pick up a Sky.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
We can go together. Of course if the darn things sell as well as I think they well we might not get one for some time.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I never said January 5th is the day. I just heard it would be on a post here. In a previous post that predicted that January 5th was the day I actually replyed that I think it will be later in January if at all. I think mid January to early February actually. I only said that January 5th is my bday. :boxing: If Saturn wants to release the Sky for orders to celebrate my bday that's ok with me. :lol:

I don't know where the January 2nd date came from. I've never seen that one. They haven't even started production.

Anyone who says they have ordered a car here has been quickly questioned and corrected. Any "orders" are pre-orders only. Nothing official

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
I never said January 5th is the day. I just heard it would be on a post here. In a previous post that predicted that January 5th was the day I actually replyed that I think it will be later in January if at all. I think mid January to early February actually. I only said that January 5th is my bday. :boxing: If Saturn wants to release the Sky for orders to celebrate my bday that's ok with me. :lol:

I don't know where the January 2nd date came from. I've never seen that one. They haven't even started production.

Anyone who says they have ordered a car here has been quickly questioned and corrected. Any "orders" are pre-orders only. Nothing official
Then I must be seeing things because I swear I saw this in your post without any reference to someone else saying it..
rick112 said:
January 5th is the day we order

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
reminder for you

Just to refresh your memories... this is what came of the saturn webcast last month as is quoted from Saturn Sales..... When this came out, noone was really sure what "order generation" meant, but one thing that people seemed to agree on is that pricing would be out Jan 3rd with images coming in before the middle of Jan. For those of you that don't know, images=a real order. an order isn't an order till its done using an image. My guess is that those who have "pre-ordered" have just given the dealer the necessary information and that the dealer will place that into the image when they get them and then place the order with the factory. (this all seems to be different for Canada, it appears that some canadian dealers have already recieved their images)

anyway, here is the quote-----

Okay folks! Here we go!
We will get pricing in January.
Order generation will start January 3rd.
We will get images in the first half of January.
Each facility will receive one SKY to keep at that facility. We will not be allowed to sell it.
Tan leather is available on the Midnight Blue, Forest Green, Black, Bluestone, Chili Pepper Red, and Polar White.
Tan, Red, and Black leather available.
Black cloth standard.
Black or Tan cloth top. No word on hard top.
Allocation info is based 50% on retail sales, 50% on the competive market areas. Don't ask me to explain, I need to to have it explained to me.
Automatic will be released at launch. No word on Red Line availability.
This is straight from the broadcast, and I am sharing this with the blessing of my Market Area Manager who is standing over my shoulder.
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
rick112 said:
Rick...if you are in Toronto I think you should call your dealer right away. They should be able to order. Western Canada is ordering now. There have been members order out of BC, as well my image is posted in one of these threads. I changed my order slightly though to also include the spoiler. :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Then I must be seeing things because I swear I saw this in your post without any reference to someone else saying it..
Sorry for any confussion I may have caused you. From what I have heard from my dealer, Saturn is still not taking orders.

As for reports of Canadian dealers taking orders, I would be supprised at that. Sure my dealer has taken a deposit of $500.00 and we have signed some paper work but that is a pre-order only. Nothing has been discussed about colour or options because none of that information is available to the dealer for circulation to the general public yet. Not that I have heard in the past few days anyway.

I would be very supprised if the Canadian dealers were taking orders before our American friends. When my dealer lets me know I can order my Sky I'll be on this site loud and proud letting everyone know.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just started a new thread with info off of the Sol site and I hope it comes true. The Small dealer said that the pricing will be available today and I listed it in the thread ... sounds better than I thought it would be! :cheers:

·
Registered
79 Posts
AT last! A definitive Price.

"MSRP of 2007 Saturn Sky to start at $23,690"

Now all we need is the price of the options.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
gayager said:
AT last! A definitive Price.

"MSRP of 2007 Saturn Sky to start at $23,690"

Now all we need is the price of the options.
they should be close to the same price as on the Solstice... just go to the pontiac website and I bet you can come up with a close figure....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts