Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, gang. I just got back from the All GM Car Show hosted by the Buick Club of Los Angeles. It was held in Van Nuys. I was there with the Opel Motorsports Club who attended the "Buick" show for the first time. Hey, they were a GM division, too (and still are.) As a former Opel GT member, I was there and I brought my SKY. It's a GM car, so why not? There were probably about 400 cars there (I will be posting pictures over the next few days) but I was the ONLY Saturn.

And, who came by to check out my SKY with the hood up and doors open and all? None other than Jay Leno himself (he's quite the car buff, you know.) I was soooo swamped answering questions (my car was surrounded by 12 Opel GTs and I was constantly busy) that I missed having a chance to see him. I didn't even get to snap a picture. But one guy from the Opel Club did, and he has promised to e-mail it to me - and if he does I will post it here.

So, there you have it. People have said, "Having a SKY will make you a celebrity." I guess so, even to the degree that my car draws the interest of other celebrities.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man that is cool! Its too bad you didn't get a picture with him. I would have gotten him to sign his name somewhere on the car. Well, maybe a picture would do! By the way, how many cars does Mr. Leno have now? 400-500??:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
that's awesome...wish i could have been there....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robotech said:
Thanks John...Like I wasn't kicking myself for not going as it was!
Hey - I was THERE, and I missed him! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
This man owns like every car ever made it seems. I know he was seen driving a Solstice a while back, I think we have some pics at the SolForum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:D I understand the celebs and attention the car attracts. I have had mine 15 days now. I went down to South Beach Miami with the car and the girl riding right seat. We were getting on to ocean blvd. The car in front of me was a F 50 Ferrari baby blue just gorgeous. He STOPPED on Ocean blvd and got out to ask ME about my car and who makes it how much it cost and all of those questions, After our 2 minute chat and lots of angry people behind us, we continued now mind you he is still infront of me, and for those that have not been down there, the restaurants are right on the street with seating. You could here them say look ferrari and then we went by and we got all kinds of questions and looks much more than the ferrari. That was a great feeling concidering his taxes are twice as much as my ride!:willy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
brentil said:
This man owns like every car ever made it seems. I know he was seen driving a Solstice a while back, I think we have some pics at the SolForum.
Old one from Dec 05 (photoshop, in a SKY)

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Someone get that man a Sky!:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rick112 said:
Someone get that man a Sky!:lol:
He has a Solstice. There is nothing wrong with the Solstice. It's the same car as the SKY. You SKY people are so arrogant. Just because your car is being built this week, that does NOT mean that SKYs are better than Solstices.

By the way - you are a JERK.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That pic of Leno in the Sol is a photoshop. Look at the steering wheel and steering column. That's not from a Solstice!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Well, that'll teach you to stay so wrapped up in your Sky promotions.
Too bad you didn't get a chance to chat it up with Mr Leno.
I've never met the man myself, but we used the same wire wheel guy in a past life.
His street rep is everything good you hear about.
Just a real down to earth regular car guy.
Well, maybe with a bit more disposable income.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You did a Homer Simpson "Doh". :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Best photo I got...

Just received this from an Opel GT owner. Not the best photos of Jay in the world, but at least they're not a Photoshop!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
jdigiant said:
Just received this from an Opel GT owner. Not the best photos of Jay in the world, but at least they're not a Photoshop!
I'd like to browse through Jay's garage. I would be in Heaven!

·
Registered
540 Posts
jdigiant said:
Okay okay, I lost the bet....... I just knew he was lying but now he has photos........20.00 bucks down the drain......... :jester:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts