Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, who is Jay Senoff? :confused: For those of you who have been thinking about a windscreen, he is the one of our sponsors (http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/index.html) and there was a bit of an issue due to difference in the Sol and Sky. A few people who ordered the windscreen before he got a Sky for pattern complained. I also ordered one early and he sent a new one out, and I received it before he could have received the one I was returning. So, 1 big point in his favor. :cheers: Point 2, I just got notice that he refunded my PayPal (one of his payment options) account the shipping cost for me to return the windscreen. :) This makes him a standup guy and the kind of sponsor we need to support!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
TexSon said:
Okay, who is Jay Senoff? :confused: For those of you who have been thinking about a windscreen, he is the one of our sponsors (http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/index.html) and there was a bit of an issue due to difference in the Sol and Sky. A few people who ordered the windscreen before he got a Sky for pattern complained. I also ordered one early and he sent a new one out, and I received it before he could have received the one I was returning. So, 1 big point in his favor. :cheers: Point 2, I just got notice that he refunded my PayPal (one of his payment options) account the shipping cost for me to return the windscreen. :) This makes him a standup guy and the kind of sponsor we need to support!:thumbs:
:thumbs:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good to know. I'll do business with someone that treats his customers that way.

I'm in the market for a screen now since my car will arrive soon.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'll remember that when I get my Sky!:thumbs:

·
Registered
230 Posts
:thumbs: Thanks - it is great to hear when people have good experiences. I will definitely order from him when my Sky arrives!

·
Registered
802 Posts
TexSon said:
Same experience here! :thumbs:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I ordered one from him and am completly satisfied. It does exactly as he states and is a snap to install...and of course looks great!

·
Registered
370 Posts
He is ok.

I chose not to keep the windscreen and Jay did refund my full purchase price. Even though the windscreen didn't work for me. I have no complaint with Jay.:thumbs:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I to purchased windscreens from Jay. I bought 2, one for me and one for a friend. I don't have my Sky yet, my friend just got hers. I found out the design Jay had created for the Solstice did not work well on the Sky. I emailed Jay and he without hesitation agreed to take both back and get me two new ones. He shipped them out before receiving the two I had.

He also called me to apologize and to let me know what was happening. You gotta believe he is genuinely interested in keeping his customers happy. Not many internet companies out there with this type of concern for their customers. I give him 5 thumbs up! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

On another note, after helping my friend install the screen we found out several things. The original screws will work just fine. Put the washers on and back them out to the very last thread. Also, when you put the top up, the windscreen will fit tight AGAINST the back window. It fits perfectly flat against the window. There is no top edge to rub against the window and I can't see any reason why it would scratch or damage the window in any way. Good news for those who just want to leave it on. The back lid needs to be slammed pretty hard to get it to close. I think this will change after a few days. Do not tighten the four screws very much. The back lid holds the screen very tightly. You could also leave the screws a little loose and take the washers off - if you want to take it off when the top is up. Again, the back lid holds the screen quite tight without tightening the screws. When doing this I would lose the washers as the screw heads are exactly the same diameter. The washers would make it hard to slip the screen back on as they tend to move on you as your sliding the screen on and slip behind the screen slots.

I love the look of it. Does it work? Don't know, it was raining! :willy:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jay installed the windscreens on both our Solstice and our Sky.
We live in the Atlanta area and he came to us to do the installation
on each. We could see the difference between the two before they
went on and the fit was perfect. :thumbs: :thumbs:
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
form canada, don't know when i'll get my car but e-mailed jay about shipping to ottawa canada. same price as anywhere in the u.s. thats cool. will order when needed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I placed my order with Jay today. He was very quick to respond and very detail oriented. Already a great transaction!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stand Up Guy

:D Its great to have nice things said about you. I love it. Let me tell you all a little about me.

I am a 75 year old guy that loves car and especially roadsters. I drive a 89 Red Cadillac Allante that I have owned for the past 8 years. I used to restore vintage British roadsters and have owned every series of MG's from 1934 on to the last MG B. My last vintage car was a 1937 Riley Sprite that took 2 years to restore and it was a beauty. I had Austin Healey 3000's, Morgans, Lotis Elans, and many other great cars.

I got into the Windscreen business because I wanted one for my Cadillac and no one made one. I thought if I sold 20 or so it would be great. I am not up to over 500, and for a car that only 22000 were made, thats pretty good. One day someone called me to make a windscreen for the Ford Thunderbird. I was surprised that Ford didn't make one. that was 250 units ago.. A friend had a Chrysler Crossfire. That was my third windscreen. The Mercedes 230 SLK is almost the same as the Crossfire and that was my fourth windscreen. The Solstice and Sky came to be this year and today I finished the model for the Porsch Boxter (It has a windscreen that came with the car, but I improved on it).

Its a fun business and I have always belived in the Golden Rule. "Treat other people like you would like to be treated".

I enjoy working with you guys and gals.

Jay Senoff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts