Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is a crude PhotoShop hack, but it gives you (and more importantly, ME :) ) an idea of what a dual Borla Exhaust would look like on my baby...

These are not, repeat NOT, the final project pictures. Just my way of dealing with separation anxiety...

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
dual or look like dual

Thanks for your nice post. Has anyone thought of a tip only instalation for looks only ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Nice job. I still say the tips should be similar to what the Sky was manufactured with and now I'm even more convinced that any aftermarket kit should be dual exhaust.

·
Registered
255 Posts
THAT LOOKS GREAT !!!! :cheers: Seeing the two new tips the way you show them takes the OEM/Aftermarket look away. If Borla can make them look as good as you have, then I'll have to have that mod. It will be interesting as to the cost of the duals. Look forward to more pics as the project continues.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
jdigiant said:
Okay, this is a crude PhotoShop hack, but it gives you (and more importantly, ME :) ) an idea of what a dual Borla Exhaust would look like on my baby...

These are not, repeat NOT, the final project pictures. Just my way of dealing with separation anxiety...
Thats it!!...I had Borla exhaust on my turbo, p.t...and loved it...Now I am very seriously thinkung duals, borla on my sky....My husband will install it. ......(right honey)...:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
it appears that the first aftermarket company to produce a dual is going to make a few $$$. The race is on. I hope. :cheers:

·
Registered
325 Posts
You guys are insane, THIS IS A 2.4L FOUR BANGER! It looks cool but from a performance standpoint it's a just more dead weight. It's also a lot of money too! Are you planning on installing a LS2 down the road or something?

Not only are you carrying around an extra 40 pounds you also have twice the noise of a buzzing four cylinder. :willy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
The dual looks great!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
bradyb said:
You guys are insane, THIS IS A 2.4L FOUR BANGER! It looks cool but from a performance standpoint it's a just more dead weight. It's also a lot of money too! Are you planning on installing a LS2 down the road or something?

Not only are you carrying around an extra 40 pounds you also have twice the noise of a buzzing four cylinder. :willy:
"TWICE THE NOISE AS A BUZZING 4 CYCLINDER".................I KNOW AINT IT GREAT...:willy:

·
Registered
422 Posts
bradyb said:
THIS IS A 2.4L FOUR BANGER! It looks cool but from a performance standpoint it's a just more dead weight......
:agree:

Same situation for the RL/GXP/GT. Haven't seen real pics yet, but I calculate it's a fake dual. Only double tip muffler, no influence on the performance.

But anyway bradyb many people all over the world love that design without any thoughts on performance :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I highly doubt adding an extra outlet on an otherwise single exhaust adds 40 lbs. I believe that what most of the "dual" exhaust for the solstice are, dual outlet.. not true dual. and you will see a small gain from an aftermarket exhaust over the stock. not because of the dual outlet but because of the more efficient design of the catback tubing.

oh ya, and it looks cool

·
Registered
308 Posts
2 for me 2

I'm going for duals too. The missing link for a professional looking job is the rear fascia. I don't believe a hack job is going to look good. Someone on the Solstice forum had one a while ago, and it didn't look very good. Unless the muffler folks are going to offer their own, we'll all be waiting for the redline release also.

Personally, I'm looking for a Dual outlet muffler that uses the stock 2.5" pipe from the cat. I want some added performance, a better exhaust note, but not much louder than stock, until I step on it. Quiet is nice when cruising easy. But it is nice to hear the engine growl when it's making power. (like the CAI).

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
can't wait for duals

when will the RL rear lower panels be out for purchase........

·
Registered
337 Posts
usmc said:
I highly doubt adding an extra outlet on an otherwise single exhaust adds 40 lbs. I believe that what most of the "dual" exhaust for the solstice are, dual outlet.. not true dual. and you will see a small gain from an aftermarket exhaust over the stock. not because of the dual outlet but because of the more efficient design of the catback tubing.

oh ya, and it looks cool

I'm sure Brad was thinking TRUE DUAL EXHAUST...that WOULD put an extra 30-40 pounds with that tubing...but we are talking 5 pounds max with the EXTRA outlet....the GXP and REDLINE are not going to have true DUALS either...they will just be getting the dual outlet....

TRUE DUAL EXHAUST on the REDLINE?

Sounds like an extra 20hp+ to me!

Did I mention HEADERS and ECM REFLASH?

We are talking 300+HP...HELL YEAH! :willy:

Problem is how the hell are you going to fit two mufflers under there?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
REDSKY said:
Problem is how the hell are you going to fit two mufflers under there?

I saw a pic of a company offering true dual. The pic was of from underneath showing how they put 2 mufflers next to each other.
for the life of me, I can't find that link now. :banghead:

it looked damn good, but I think it said it was around 1100 smackers. I'll keep looking, I'll eventually find it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.