Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW.... what a GREEN monster....:nono: Ok... here goes... i ran to the store because i am sick and needed nyquil..... and... when i pulled into the FARTHEST PARKING SPOT.... where there was a lightpost on the right and a curb with a tree on the left so no one could park next to my baby.... and.... yes, the lot was half empty so i parked in 2 verticle spaces.... anyway..... there was a BRONCO..... going very slow around the back of my car.... no biggie.... then... i hear..while securing items in glove box... that.... OMG... SHE THINKS SHE IS SO DAMN COOL.... SHE HAS A .. OMG...CAR.... wow... i turned around and just looked at them.... it was full of early 20 yr old girls and 2 boys.... anyway..... i was reluctant to leave my baby.. but did... i just got the few dents out of the sides and didnt want any more... anyway.... so, i went into the store..... THEY PARKED WITHIN 2 INCHES OF MY CAR..... OMG.... the lightpost was touching their bumper ..... and the driver couldnt get out of the car... i am sure without getting out the passenger side..... what a mess.... so, there were about 6 or so of them and i am in the store getting my meds and... THEY ARE FOLLOWING ME.... i keep hearing comments about.. how cool i think i am... and.... WOW... that dress is a bit short..... dont ya think??.... UGH.... one of the girls.. told the others to hush up and quit being jealous fools..... first of all.. i hate that word.. FOOLS.... second of all, i thought it took guts for her to pipe up when the others were being rude...... ok.. i got my meds and went to the self checkout.... they were in there getting hair dye and nail polish and thigs like that... GUESS WHAT??? they were at the next SELF CHECK OUT..... staring.. and saying... my tattoo on my ankle looked crappy like a home job.... GEES.... i beg to differ..... it cost me alot... ok.. anyway.... i decided to get some 7up so if i am feeling sick later.. i dont have to go out.... and they finished up and left.. so i thought...... OK..... i go through the checkout again and then glance around the parking lot to see if they were still there... GEE.. GUESS WHAT?? they were.... and.....they were sitting a few rows over from where we were parked.... they had the MUSAK.. up so dang loud.. wow... i am deaf in one ear and .. that was nuts.... i put my bag in my trunk and then got in my baby.... the girls were saying rude things loudly.. like... OMG... IF I HAD TO PARK SO FAR AWAY FROM THE STORE JUST TO GET MY PRECIOUS CAR NOT BUMPED.. I WOULD JUST DIE.... it was getting very irate... to me.... there was a cart guy gathering carts and walked up to my car and asked me if i was ok... i just said yes... and he said.. OH.. BTW.... they put something on your windshield..... LOW AND BEHOLD.... there it was.... a NOTE.... and a smashed tomato.... all over my windshield.... the note basically said what they were verbalizing and then at the bottom there was a nice part from the girl who had guts to tell them to be quiet.... saying..... I AM SORRY FOR MY FRIENDS .. THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS THAT YOU HAVE A NICE CAR AND THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ONE....... they are lazy and wont amount to much in this life, that is sad. Please have a nice night. i got them to not put the tomato on the car paint..... UGH... well, the security cameras got it all.. and i made a report... just because it was harrassment and RUDE..... Jealousy can be a HORRIBLE GREEN .. or red in this case.. MONSTER...... you know,,,,, i have had nice cars in the past.... but... even when i have, I HAVE NEVER BEEN RUDE OR LOOKED DOWN ON ANYONE.... i worked hard for my things and i appreciate them... nothing was EVER given to me.. until Brian gave me .. the SKY....... i guess it comes down to ambition and how your MAMA raised ya.... respect for others..... Just wanted to share that... i know it could have been much worse .. i am glad it wasnt...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bummer

I'm sorry.... Jealousy and Envy.... :nono: Sorry to hear that. Was there any damage? Tomato is acidic.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
The best part of that story was that you were OK. I think you handled yourself decent and didn't do anything to compromise the situation.
There is always going to be people like to contend with in life, and you got it right, it is sad. It's sad in alot of different ways. Glad you made it through ok tho. Hopefully tommorow will be better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats Insane

I cannot believe someone would have the audacity to say and do those things, some people are just plain mean. I'm sorry to hear this, Jealousy is a very mean monster that some people let get the best of them.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you... i am ok... now.. normally i would go balistic... but not feeling well.. and having some medical issues at this time... i just wanted to get my meds and get home...... i got the tomato off the windshield and.... there was a smudge on the hood.... but, no damage.... you know,... i do understand.. a car is just a car.... blah blah blah.... but..... i have NEVER had a new car..... fairly new.. yes.... but this is the first NEW car i have ever had.... and i just want it to stay nice as long as it can.... i dont care if you drive an old station wagon... or... bentley.... you should take pride in your things and not take anything for granted..... i dont destroy others belongings..... even.. if i am a bit jealous our envious...... just makes me work harder to get nicer things..... i dont know... maybe it is the meds talking.. but... i just dont understand sometimes.....and i really dont think i get jealous.... yes, at times i envy alot of people... because i strive for what they have and the goal seems to get further away.... just because i work for it... i finally acheive it..anyway... i guess i better go to bed now.... Thank you for responding. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that, SkyBaby. You seem like a very nice woman from what I can tell on these forums and it is especially bad to mess with someone when they are sick. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that the Sky is okay as well. That is just how people can be, it is sad but they really are just jealous... :(

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Pitcom said:
The best part of that story was that you were OK. I think you handled yourself decent and didn't do anything to compromise the situation.
There is always going to be people like to contend with in life, and you got it right, it is sad. It's sad in alot of different ways. Glad you made it through ok tho. Hopefully tommorow will be better.
And remember 2 sayings "Sticks and stones, etc" and "What goes around comes around"
They will get theirs in due time.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm sorry to here that.

I really am if I wouldn't have kept you on the phone you would have got there earlier. I can't believe you put up with that. You must be dying sick to have not said nothing. Seagull has it right tho what goes around comes around. glad your safe take care.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. That's all that matters. You've got inner beauty and no one can take that from you. You're a very caring and generous person and they'll never see that if all they focus on is a car. Their loss.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I couldn't of been so nice. I probably would of had to say something back and then would of probably of had to call the cops. Which would of been the wrong thing to do. But sometimes I just can't help myself.

But you did the right thing and your ok thats all that matters. But some people are such Idiots.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I used to take the viper out and park it while doing a quick shop or something. One time I returned to find someone had spit on it another time someone had put a 6 inch scratch, with a key probably, on it. Needless to say I dont leave it out anymore. I am really careful with the sky now too. The majority of people are fine and appreciate a nice car, its the few spitters and scratchers and park to closers that bother me. And oh also I have had people that I know approach me and say " OMG I just saw your car in the parking lot and someone hit it and damaged it real bad" and then laugh and say, "just kidding" I hate someone doing that..and I think its part of the jeolousy thing too.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Really glad to read that you are OK. Always remember everyone that it's only a car and it is replacable! People arn't. It doesn't take long for something like that to go bad. Again really glad to hear our Skybaby is OK.:thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
How Horrible

Skybaby, I have nothing but admiration for the way you handled yourself. I know I would not have had the same self control and would probably have made a bad situation worse. Glad you're Ok and the car came out only needing a little washing. I have one question, did they get the brats harrasing you? How old were these idiots anyway?

Anyway, good for you, as Seagull stated, what goes around comes around. And one day they are going to remember this day and feel sick!! :rolleyes:

Terry

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Glad your OK SkyBaby,

From the sounds of it...either their parents didn't teach them respect for other peoples property or they were DRUNK or "on something"

I wonder where the store management was when these "yahoos" were in the store...they should have excorted them out a long time ago and called the cops...

Just out of plain ole fear, I would have called 911/the cops...wrote down the license plate number and gave it to them. Hopefully the cops would take care of it. From their actions who would have known if these "yahoos" didn't have a weapon of some sort at that time of the night or if they were going to rob you or take your Sky Baby? Being as though you were by yourself and at that time of the night who would think otherwise?....

But the best thing out of all of this ...is that you are OK....and like everyone else said....car can be replaced..people can't.....take care of yourself...and don't make and late night runs to the stores at least not that one, :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
If it were me I would have gone back inside the store and bought some mayo and bread and had a mater samich. Cant see wasting a good mater. Of course I would have dressed them youngins down a mite too. Ol Fartblossom would have eat them thar tires up an spit out tha hubcap...Skip...:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You all are so WONDERFUL..... just shocking to beleive there are such.. LOW moral.. and judgemental persons out there..... my baby is fine.. and so am i.... very sick still... think i will just take more meds and sleep for a few days.... the store security..as if that means something... just took down their information the best i could remember it.. and they have the "incident" on tape both inside and outside the store.... i guess some people should just NOT HAVE KIDS.... lol.. or maybe all kids should be sent to a PREP school when they are.... ohhh... say........ 4??????????????? just kidding.... just total lack of respect.. what proud parents they must have... i would say they were all in their early 20's.. late teens.. oh well... home safe and going back to bed.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wow!

I just saw this thread.......I AM JUST PISSED....THAT IS NOT COOL!......WHERE ARE THE PARENTS!....I WOULD NEVER DREAM OF DOING SUCH A THING.....GLAD IT WAS ONLY A SMASHED TOMATO.....SAD HOW SOME PEOPLE BEHAVE ! :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I'm happy you had so much restraint... :eek: I'm happy you are OK and nothing really bad happened. :thumbs:

Be careful out there; so many IDIOTS out there that have NOTHING better to do than harrass other people... :mad:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
HotSky said:
And oh also I have had people that I know approach me and say " OMG I just saw your car in the parking lot and someone hit it and damaged it real bad" and then laugh and say, "just kidding" I hate someone doing that..and I think its part of the jeolousy thing too.
No, people do that because they know they will get a reaction out of you. It's like anyone who would play a practical joke on you...same mentality. They do it to me all the time and yea, I laugh, but a part of me thinks "that's so not funny". If you understand not everyone takes pride in their cars. Imagine if you felt for your car the way you feel for your...TV...or Oven. That's how many people feel about their cars. So then imagine if you knew someone who felt about their stove the way you feel about your car. They were always washing it and waxing it....they'd put foil all over the top of the stove so they wouldn't scratch it while cooking. They show it off to everyone. Think how silly that may seem to you. That's how they view us. We're just fortunate that the car mentality we have is socially acceptable.

But vandalizing a car...well...that's just not acceptable I don't care who you are. Now, admittadly, I get upset when people take up two spots. Empty lot or no...you take up two spots and I have a problem with it. I drive a nice car and deal with the dangers of it getting dinged when I take up one spot. I may park farther out...I may look for a spot with a curb on one side that I can nuzzle the tires up against...but I won't take up two spots. I have been known, on occasion, to park up next to a really nice car that has parked a bit far out from the rest of the parked cars because I know THAT guy isn't going to ding my car and I won't ding his so we kind of cover one another that way (made a guy in a Porsche move his car once because of that...). But taking up two spots, to me even in an empty lot, is kind of rude.

Obviously everything is on a case by case basis but I've seen cars here take up two spots when the lot has been gotten very crowded. And nothing against you SkyBaby and CERTAINLY not condoning the behavior of those kids, it's just my outlook on it. I will say some snide remark to myself about it, and if I see the driver I may question why he/she does it, but I wouldn't be rude like they were and I DEFINATELY wouldn't touch their car.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for your honesty..... i do appreciate it.... if it wouldnt have been so late and if the parking lot would have been full.. i wouldnt have taken two.... but at that hour with maybe 25 total cars in the Sams Club/Wal-Mart parking lot.. i figured it would be ok.... i will try to be more careful of where i park.... i really dont want to make anyone angry about how i park..... and most people.... MOST... wouldnt be honest and say how they feel they would be like me.. and suck it up and move on.... well, i can work on that..... Thanks again...SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 30 Posts