Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A letter from Jill L. to the Saturn Retailers

"...Our brand is about building trusting, honest and forthright relationships with everyone who comes in contact with our brand.

The value proposition and the honesty with which our customers expect to be treated did not change with the introduction of the SKY. Most unfortunately, Saturn is hearing from customers who are outraged or extremely disappointed and disillusioned over the actions of some Retailers who are charging a premium for the SKY, and the press has picked up on what they describe as breach of the brand's historic promise to customers.

It is not an overstatement to say these actions threaten the future of the brand. For that reason, Saturn management fully expects that you will not market the SKY above M.S.R.P. Certainly, Retailers who advance the Saturn philosophy will receive as favorable treatment as is possible in line with our Retailer Agreement in the future allocation for the SKY....

I know I can count on you to have deep respect for what we have built together as the Saturn Brand.

Sincerely,

Jill Lajdziak
General Manager"

I cut out the non-relative information before and after that paragraph, but I wanted to share this with everyone to remind us all in all, Saturn does stand for something different.
:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you Jill, and everybody else who contributed to the withdrawal of the $5,000 premium originally placed on my SKY. I got mine at MSRP!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SATN SKY said:
Thank you Jill, and everybody else who contributed to the withdrawal of the $5,000 premium originally placed on my SKY. I got mine at MSRP!
That's outstanding! Glad to hear it worked out for you! :cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
MidwestSky said:

"...Our brand is about building trusting, honest and forthright relationships with everyone who comes in contact with our brand.

The value proposition and the honesty with which our customers expect to be treated did not change with the introduction of the SKY. Most unfortunately, Saturn is hearing from customers who are outraged or extremely disappointed and disillusioned over the actions of some Retailers who are charging a premium for the SKY, and the press has picked up on what they describe as breach of the brand's historic promise to customers.

It is not an overstatement to say these actions threaten the future of the brand. For that reason, Saturn management fully expects that you will not market the SKY above M.S.R.P. Certainly, Retailers who advance the Saturn philosophy will receive as favorable treatment as is possible in line with our Retailer Agreement in the future allocation for the SKY....

I know I can count on you to have deep respect for what we have built together as the Saturn Brand.

Sincerely,

Jill Lajdziak
General Manager"

I cut out the non-relative information before and after that paragraph, but I wanted to share this with everyone to remind us all in all, Saturn does stand for something different.
Can I ask where you saw this letter? I would really like to thank her with a personal post.
Any help appreciated...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carnut said:
Can I ask where you saw this letter? I would really like to thank her with a personal post.
Any help appreciated...
It was sent to the all Saturn facilities through the internal website. I would encourage you to send an email at Saturn.com as anything directed to her in a positive way, will probably find it's way to her. Just my 2 cents, but I'm sure Saturn and/or Jill would appreciate it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Kappaman please pass a message along to Jill that we say thanks for that. I'm sure she will appreciate hearing positive feed back from you.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts

As a satisfied Saturn owner for 6 years but a not so satisifed prspective SKY purchaser, this sure has restored my faith in Saturn...:)

Bob

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow - It's good to know that someone out there is listening to us! Thanks Jill for sticking up for us.

The SKY will be my third Saturn. I got lucky (it seems) to have found a dealer selling at MSPR. I haven't had a bad experience yet! However, it is a big turn-off to hear about other peoples' negative experiences. Word-of-mouth advertising can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Even though I found a fair dealer, I would have warned prospective buyers about what I have been reading on this forum... That all has changed now!!! Thank again Jill for keeping my faith high! :)

Sarah

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
MidwestSky said:

Sincerely,

Jill Lajdziak
General Manager"

That sounds vaguely familar :rolleyes:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3333&page=2Post#45

Glad to hear it from someone with Authority!:thumbs:

·
Registered
140 Posts
MidwestSky said:

Sincerely,

Jill Lajdziak
General Manager"

Thank you very much. Is there a contact and address at Saturn. I would like to write not only to share my frustration about some dealers, but most importantly let Saturn know how great my dealer along with many other dealers, like yourself, have treated customers. My dealer is Saturn of the Valley in Allentown. I paid the sticker price and they only let current Satrun owners have the first option to buy the SKY. I got the first. Probably because I calle them for over a year regarding the SKY. Again, thanks. Once last comment I would like to tell Saturn is just how great the SKY: built by Americans, in the U.S. and by an AMERICAN company.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
rick112 said:
Kappaman please pass a message along to Jill that we say thanks for that. I'm sure she will appreciate hearing positive feed back from you.:)
I'm sorry, I have no direct connection with Jill L. I've only met her once or twice before, and she wouldn't know me from Adam (or Eve).

However, I'm sure there is a feedback or "contact us" section over on Saturn.com.

You can also try the gmblogs site (Lutz's blog) I think they allow feedback there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You go Jill! Count me in as one of the many upset and disillusioned customers that complained directly to Jill L. with a written complaint! I'll keep you guys posted as to whether it changes my dealership's attitude towards gouging its potential customers. We can all hope that Jill really does have some sway before these bad "non-Saturn-like" dealers make us Saturn newbies lose faith!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't worry about your messages reaching Jill Lajdziak--many of the Saturn team members read this forum and share the messages with the appropriate people within our organization. Keep on posting in this forum.

Thank you all for your enthusiastic support of our brand.:thumbs:

Bill Taylor
Saturn

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

MidwestSky said:

Sincerely,

Jill Lajdziak
General Manager"

Thank you Jill. A breath of fresh air. I hope all Saturn dealers see your letter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe the internal communication go side tracked on the way to the northwest. I could have imaged today, but at a $3000 dollar additional mandatory dealer option for protection package and a theft ID registration thing. Bascially additional dealer profit. Told them no thanks, will wait. Was bit sorry as they were the dealer who has gave me the best service of the several I have been in contact with. Several others doing the same but for less in the area. I should have listened to others here and checked on price a long time ago as have been on list over 6 months to just find this out recently.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
TaylorMutts said:
Don't worry about your messages reaching Jill Lajdziak--many of the Saturn team members read this forum and share the messages with the appropriate people within our organization. Keep on posting in this forum.

Thank you all for your enthusiastic support of our brand.:thumbs:

Bill Taylor
Saturn
So, Mr. Taylor, what do you do for Saturn?

A word of caution, though. Don't want you to get into trouble.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1944

·
Registered
22 Posts
KappaMan said:
So, Mr. Taylor, what do you do for Saturn?

A word of caution, though. Don't want you to get into trouble.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1944

Thanks for the heads up, but I doubt I will do anything to get myself in to trouble.:)

I manage a team that is responsible for supporting the Saturn field team and retailer communications. Observing forums like this is just a hobby!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
TaylorMutts said:
Thanks for the heads up, but I doubt I will do anything to get myself in to trouble.:)

I manage a team that is responsible for supporting the Saturn field team and retailer communications. Observing forums like this is just a hobby!
kewl. Thanks for letting us know that people over there actually pay attention :thumbs:

·
Registered
517 Posts
SATN SKY said:
Maybe Jill could help Angelqute1 with her problem with Galpin. She seems to have some pull with Saturn.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I was pretty unhappy with my experience with my dealer, the only one in Rhode Island (that I know of anyhow). The first day I was told about the price of the car on their lot, including a 9% markup over MSRP, and then the cost of each option. I was told that the car had been ordered by a customer who decided to buy a Porsche instead. At first I had decided to pass, but the sky was exactly the color I wanted, with all the options I wanted. I went back a little bit later and put down a deposit.

I put down the deposit, and was then told that the person who ordered it also ordered LoJack and some exterior coating to protect the paint, both of which together added about $1,200 to the price. I asked specifically, several times, if these options had already been installed and each time I was told they had been, for the customer who ordered the car. Again, I was irritated, but I had decided to buy the car and I was in a hurry, so again I sucked it up.

The next day, I arrived to pick up my car. The salesman was professional, as he had been the day before, but I didn’t enjoy my experience with the finance woman. She pushed very hard for me to buy the extended warranty. I had to refuse three times and on the third time she testily explained that she is a professional and that I should let her finish explaining about the warranty before I decide. Then she told me the transaction was being video taped. Then, I wanted to pay for the car entirely, and she complained that she had already processed the loan and her credibility with the bank would be harmed if I didn’t take the loan. At one point, she said that she had 8 more closings to do that day “so it’s going to be my way.” I finally gave up. I’ll pay off the loan in the next few weeks.

I finally got through the insurance and other paperwork and drove my car home. I know I could have walked out at any time and I know I paid too much, and I know I let myself be bullied a bit. At the same time, the salesman was professional and courteous, disclosed all the costs and apologized on behalf of the finance woman. So again, I sucked it up.

Last night I was reviewing my LoJack docs. It said the LoJack was installed on June 29th, which would be after I put the deposit on the car. It could be this reflects the activation date, but it could also be that I was lied to when I asked if the LoJack was already installed. I plan to call LoJack after the holiday to see if I can find out. If it was installed on the 29th, I won't be sucking that up.

I love the car, but the policies of the dealer please me MUCH less.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts