Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Don't sweat the small stuff, it could me worst.... Look at the way I park my truck. eeek :lol: T.

FORT SMITH--A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. “I was just numb, just real numb,” Marts said.

Marts’ neighbor Glynn Craine says he's seen his share of accidents at that home. Two other separate incidents sent cars careening of the road and into the house. “I never dreamed of it when I built here,” Craine said. He's mended his mailbox three times, after cars curved off the road and onto his property. “If people would just slow down, speed kills.”

Marts says this accident won't force him out of his home. “We enjoy living there, other than that.” But it forces him to come up with some creative ways to keep it from happening again.

Marts says he's considering putting up boulders on the side of the driveway. He and his neighbor are also looking for some help from the city. They suggest more patrols for speeders and as well as some type of speed bump.

Google Maps

Here is a pic of his house on Google Maps and the rocks he put down plus the row of trucks he is using to block further accidents. NICE Lambo!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Ya call those boulders?

FORT SMITH--A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. “I was just numb, just real numb,” Marts said.

Marts’ neighbor Glynn Craine says he's seen his share of accidents at that home. Two other separate incidents sent cars careening of the road and into the house. “I never dreamed of it when I built here,” Craine said. He's mended his mailbox three times, after cars curved off the road and onto his property. “If people would just slow down, speed kills.”

Marts says this accident won't force him out of his home. “We enjoy living there, other than that.” But it forces him to come up with some creative ways to keep it from happening again.

Marts says he's considering putting up boulders on the side of the driveway. He and his neighbor are also looking for some help from the city. They suggest more patrols for speeders and as well as some type of speed bump.

Google Maps

Here is a pic of his house on Google Maps and the rocks he put down plus the row of trucks he is using to block further accidents. NICE Lambo!

Seems to me that you might need boulders a bit larger to stop an airborne pickup truck.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dang. I would love to join you all, but I've already committed to another group going to lunch in Virginny. Hopefully next time.:cheers:
I'm sure there will be other times...:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So here is a List of attendees:

SteveSky67
Tamay48
Dengel
Kwayne
Rainbowinthesky
Sabot53

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Seems to me that you might need boulders a bit larger to stop an airborne pickup truck.
From what I can see on Google Maps the road comes to a turn there and you are heading up a hill. So the only way to get airborn would be to I guess speed excessivly and swerve off the road and use another car as a ramp.

I think it used the PT cruiser as a ramp somehow to launch itself into that garage again at high speed.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
So here is a List of attendees:

SteveSky67
Tamay48
Dengel
Kwayne
Rainbowinthesky
Sabot53
Have fun!!!! I will try to make it your way sometime this year. With the gas at $1.89 I am sure I can afford the gas this year. $5 a gallon is way to high. Last year we all spend so much money on gas. :mad: The hotels were cheaper then the gas.
Not this kind of gas either..:lol: T.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Have fun!!!! I will try to make it your way sometime this year. With the gas at $1.89 I am sure I can afford the gas this year. $5 a gallon is way to high. Last year we all spend so much money on gas. :mad: The hotels were cheaper then the gas.
Not this kind of gas either..:lol: T.
Yeah, Tammy-NJ will meet up with you in South Carolina we will all have a blast... :party:...there will be plenty of seafood in Cape Cod....BTW, nice Smiley face...:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Did we pick a date?
The date will be Saturday, March 7th....I'm sure that was ok with everybody...post if it is a problem....Hope you can make it Mike..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
WHAT TIME :banghead:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
WHAT TIME :banghead:
How about 2ish??? Is that fine with everyone? I will be early to greet everyone...Is that OK with you Diane?

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
We are celebrating my Mom's 80th B-Day that Day.
But
I am going to try and get out there to say Hi to everyone.

I'm surprised that is still there. Last time I went was about 15 years ago. Food was fantastic.

I owe Kwayne a beer for helping me with the Wastegate mod.
:cheers:

If people are showing up earlier, let me know.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Add my name. Looks like I can leave Brooklyn @ 12 P.M. and be there in two hours and 11 minutes.
Barry
Cool...Glad you can make it...:cheers:We will wait for you!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We are celebrating my Mom's 80th B-Day that Day.
But
I am going to try and get out there to say Hi to everyone.

I'm surprised that is still there. Last time I went was about 15 years ago. Food was fantastic.

I owe Kwayne a beer for helping me with the Wastegate mod.
:cheers:

If people are showing up earlier, let me know.
Cool. bring the helmet. I really would like to see it in person!!...I'll be there about 1:30 after lunch, I'm taking Tammy over to the Wilmington plant...and Happy Birthday to Mom.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Update of Attendees:

SteveSky67
Tamay48
Dengel
Kwayne
Rainbowinthesky
Sabot53
Elff
shamayim

I'm going to call the restaurant a week before to make a reservation and hopefully we will have our own parking spaces away from "those other cars":lol:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
How about 2ish??? Is that fine with everyone? I will be early to greet everyone...Is that OK with you Diane?
Should be okay. I will probably need to leave around 4 to get back north in time for my dinner plans.

I sure hope the weather is nice.

21 - 40 of 190 Posts