Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carlisle, PA - where I call home for the better part of Fall and Winter - is hosting its 10th annual Corvette Show on the Carlisle Fairgrounds. Already the entire town is crowded with Vettes spanning all years and body styles and they are constantly cruising up and down the main drags in the nice August sun. On my way back from class I was invited in to a line of Vette convertibles to "hop in" behind the stingrays as we traveled a few slow miles waving and talking at lights. I knew I wasn't pure blood Vette but somewhere in there I think these owners felt it was a worthy exception to allow my Sky.

I was invited to bring the car on to the fairgrounds (which clearly state "Corvettes Only") this weekend and even had someone offer to pay for a registration fee if I promised to show up. Sadly I have to go back to Washington this weekend but I bet those pictures would have been priceless.

Very good people though, those Vette owners. And I figured perhaps maybe us Sky owners didn't just steal some of their lines and curves, but also some of their friendly character as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice post......:driving:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Love those vettes............

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have to say I get waves and thumbs up from more Corvette owners than anyone. At every car show I have been in -- more than one vette owner stops by to tell me what a great car Saturn has put out and that I should be proud of my Baby Vette -- and said in a friendly tone, not condescending at all...:cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
The most waves and nods have been from Vette owners. I think it's a great compliment to be invited onto the grounds with the Sky! Too bad you'll be away...Perhaps next year :cheers:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
One of my coworkers is a very active member with the local Vette club here. He invited us to bring the Sky to one of their shows. We couldn't get there till late in the day, but everyone we met there was very nice to us. Made us feel like members of the "family". He was after me to bring her to Carlisle, but we've got too much to do before vacation.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Most of the "followers" i have had , have been vettes.... and i havnt heard one negative thing about any car from a vette owner.... seems only the "other" car owners have issues...... just cuz ours is so darn cute... well, yours i mean...... anyway..... i have found that most sports car owners are GENERALLY very GREAT PEOPLE....SkyBaby

·
Registered
420 Posts
hmm, so far all the Corvette people that pass by me don't wave or nod. I get some stares and glances but nothing else like you all mentioned.

I'm assuming they're all mesmerized by my super shiny stunning sunburst yellow that that's all they can do! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
While driving back from Florida, way back in my side mirror I noticed a Vette coming on strong. Pretty soon he came up on me as I was coming up on slow traffic. I scooted from far left to far right with the flic of a wrist and soon came back to the middle lane , where the Vette was waiting on me . He popped a thumbs up and he and I played in and out of the cars for 5 miles and then he turned off leaving me to my memories. ..Skip...Sounds like what the women do to me all the time..Hehehe:lol: :lol: :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
vet -v- sky

we hosted a breakfast on sunday and one of the people that was at the party is a very dear friend (and one of the richest people in the world)he saw my baby and asked who it belonged to when i told him it was mine he asked if he could take it for a ride i handed him the keys he was gone for about 1/2 hour and when he returned he said he just loved it and his statement was
"why pay all that for a vet when you can have everything in a great car like the sky"

oh and on the other statement of him being one of the richest people in the world yes that is true he is worth more then opera whinfry.

·
Registered
877 Posts
oh and on the other statement of him being one of the richest people in the world yes that is true he is worth more then opera whinfry.[/QUOTE said:
Whos Opera whinfry?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
"why pay all that for a vet when you can have everything in a great car like the sky"

oh and on the other statement of him being one of the richest people in the world yes that is true he is worth more then opera whinfry.
Zero to Sixty....?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I go to Carlisle almost every year, but this one I can't made it, going to Atlantic city. But to be invited to park in "Corvette only" is a big big deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts