Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On wednesday a SKY RL was built for Jon Bon Jovi. It will be delivered to a dealer in Mount Laurel NJ .They had a write up in the plant news letter.

Just a tid bit of info. Thought you guys might be interested.

·
Registered
540 Posts
color? options?? gotta know what ole Jon Bon baby has selected :D sheesh you know you are getting old when your high school rock stars are having a mid-life crisis :jester:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
OMGosh....A great looking guy, in a hot car........Now thats what I'm talk'in bout!! :eek:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
I guess it pays to be a Rock Star!:lol:
Hey what do you think Deluke? Is Ernest correct? Is the QC finished then?:willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I guess it pays to be a Rock Star!:lol:
Hey what do you think Deluke? Is Ernest correct? Is the QC finished then?:willy:

I have no idea. But I would guess his will get all the attention and no extra long holds for quality check.But I don't think you can judge the other cars by his time line. I wouldn't be surprize if your cars are there for another week. Sorry. I hope I'm wrong.

But I'll tell you if they don't ramp up production faster you Red Line guy's will be lucky to get 2000/2500 made for the 2007 production. From what I heard they made AROUND 30 turbos last week. Don't know how many were Red Lines or GXP's I just heard the total. Not very many !

And 4 or 5 pilot opels.

·
Registered
422 Posts
And 4 or 5 pilot opels.
Are the Pilot Opels for testing in US or will they be shipped to Europe for testing or as dealer's showcars :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are the Pilot Opels for testing in US or will they be shipped to Europe for testing or as dealer's showcars :confused:
I really don't know. I didn't think to ask. They were just called pilot cars. But I would imagine for testing in the US.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you think he will actually drive it or is it going to sit in a garage full of other expensive toys?

·
Registered
410 Posts
What number was he on the list? Does being a rock star from the 80's but him in front of us? Mr. Jovi should stand in line like everyone on this forum. If this was my dealership, I would kinda of upset if someone could just get what he wants because he is a star. I wait for mine, and guess what Mr. Jovi ---you wait for yours:nono:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
What number was he on the list? Does being a rock star from the 80's but him in front of us? Mr. Jovi should stand in line like everyone on this forum. If this was my dealership, I would kinda of upset if someone could just get what he wants because he is a star. I wait for mine, and guess what Mr. Jovi ---you wait for yours:nono:
He probably was on a list.
Saturn and Bon Jovi have had an ongoing relationship tied in with marketing for quite a while now.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If I'm not mistaken...Saturn is the sponsor of Bon Jovi's tour this year...could be the reason why he gets preference over us regular folks. :lol:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I'm not mistaken...Saturn is the sponsor of Bon Jovi's tour this year...could be the reason why he gets preference over us regular folks. :lol:
And he should as far as I'm concerned if that is the case. But guy's they only made Around 30 turbos last week all together. This is a real bummer. I think this ramp up is going to be a longer one then I was hoping for.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
color? options?? gotta know what ole Jon Bon baby has selected :D sheesh you know you are getting old when your high school rock stars are having a mid-life crisis :jester:
If that is gettin old, I must be prehistoric, as I was already old when Bob Jovi was popular. Elvis, where are you? I know Little Richard is around as he is doing Insurance Commercials,:D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
They already gave Jovi a regular Sky about 3 months ago in Texas. Maybe it was not fast enough for him...he is a Corvette guy he said.

The 2 owners of my dealership were in Texas for the unveiling of the Aura and Outlook and there were a couple of Sky's there and Jovi came out and did a 45 minute accoustic set then some Saturn big wig threw him a set of keys to a regular Sky.

·
Registered
540 Posts
They already gave Jovi a regular Sky about 3 months ago in Texas. Maybe it was not fast enough for him...he is a Corvette guy he said.

The 2 owners of my dealership were in Texas for the unveiling of the Aura and Outlook and there were a couple of Sky's there and Jovi came out and did a 45 minute accoustic set then some Saturn big wig threw him a set of keys to a regular Sky.
well I am sure his upstairs maid is having a great time driving it :D

Sorry Ernest didnt mean to make you feel "prehistoric" Jon Bon was the big heart throb when I was 14 -16 years. I vaguely remember when Elvis died my mother came home from work early crying. Of course I hadnt started kindergarten yet :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
..... But guy's they only made Around 30 turbos last week all together. This is a real bummer. I think this ramp up is going to be a longer one then I was hoping for.
With the planned contingent of 40 % they had to make ~ 100 per week.
Could be a problem of some of the suppliers or they couldn't produce enough turbo engines.
Somebody any estimations :confused:

And deluke thanks for the info on Opels, but I guess they'll send them to Europe. There are so few differences between RL and GT that there is no reason to test the Opels in USA. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With the planned contingent of 40 % they had to make ~ 100 per week.
Could be a problem of some of the suppliers or they couldn't produce enough turbo engines.
Somebody any estimations :confused:

And deluke thanks for the info on Opels, but I guess they'll send them to Europe. There are so few differences between RL and GT that there is no reason to test the Opels in USA. :thumbs:
40% is after ramp up is done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts