Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear console has a small crack from the PO. It looks like the going rate for a new one online is just under $200 and used ones go for anywhere from $100-$150. And if I can find a decent one from a salvage yard, maybe just under that. So I'm thinking I may just have it upholstered.

I know JPM is no longer in business, so I think I may pull mine and take it to my upholstery guy who did my motorcycle seat cover back in March and see what he thinks he can do. I have already saved some JPM designs I have found here that I like, but feel free to share some more options if you have some. With that being said, does anyone have some pictures of their JPM console, but on the underside they could share? I would like him to see another finished one and how its adhered to use as a guide as that's usually how he works. My seat turned out great and cost me around $170 for all 3 pieces, so I'm thinking this will be in the same ballpark maybe less.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm eagerly awaiting mine from SaddleX now. They fix cracks and recover them. I opted to send them a DDM cupholder version to cover and pad.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my JPM diamond stitched, leather covered center console.

Attachments

Reactions: marlboromike

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Those are about what I sent to the upholstery guy for his pricing. I really like the diamond stitch look, but I'm concerned nothing else in the car is stitched like that. I'm on the fence if I want to do two tone or not. Right now I'm leaning towards something like Rob's, but in all black with the white stitching to match the seats.

Any chance anyone has some underside shots of their console?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you were to Google images for "jpm sky console" (or Solstice) you'll get a fair number of results.
Ahh yes google, although quite helpful for locating pictures of JPM consoles, I found not quite so helpful in locating pictures particularly of the underside of one. I imagine there isn't much interest in looking at that side. If you have found some I would thank you for them. (Note: I did find some of DDM's cupholder console I may use)

I have already saved some JPM designs I have found here that I like, but feel free to share some more options if you have some. With that being said, does anyone have some pictures of their JPM console, but on the underside they could share? I would like him to see another finished one and how its adhered to use as a guide as that's usually how he works.
Although I did welcome additional pictures of JPM consoles, the primary request of my post was to locate pictures of the underside to share with my upholstery guy. I was hoping if he could see a few pictures of how the material was cut and bonded, especially around corners, that would help alleviate some risk of him having unintended creases and then ultimately him having to then correct and add additional time. He did decent work on my seat, but that of course was with the old seat as a template, to which he disassembled and most likely traced out each panel and then reverse installed. I may be overthinking this and his capabilities, as he is most likely pretty talented at his craft, but I can't seem to help to overthink these kind of things.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ahh yes google, although quite helpful for locating pictures of JPM consoles, I found not quite so helpful in locating pictures particularly of the underside of one. I imagine there isn't much interest in looking at that side. If you have found some I would thank you for them. (Note: I did find some of DDM's cupholder console I may use)
My apologies, you DID say the underside is what you were looking to get pictures of and I completely missed that...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My apologies, you DID say the underside is what you were looking to get pictures of and I completely missed that...
Not a problem Bob, the way I worded the post most likely lead to the confusion. So thank you for giving me the opportunity to elaborate. I do try to have some due diligence by performing a search prior to posting questions or requests. I really do enjoy this forum and find it helpful and overall friendly. Sometimes I miss stuff or I simply just like to voice what I'm thinking out-loud.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I just happen to have a brand new one in the box.

Attachments

Reactions: steveorama

·
Registered
596 Posts
I installed semi rigid foam pad under the console to support it from below. It has worked great for years.
Hi Rob,

I read that from you some time back so when I had my Sky apart, I did as you suggested using a very dense Styrofoam cooler type of material. Because of the parking brake mechanism, there really isn't much area to work with for extra support, but anything in the middle is better than nothing. Hopefully is makes enough of a difference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have heard of people using pool noodles. When I install my new covered one I'm going that route as well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Unless you lean heavily on the armrest when entering and exiting you will not break it, even without reinforcement.

·
Registered
17,660 Posts
Why don't u jump up and down...and see if it cracks....I have my JPM armrest for 12 yrs now....and still has no cracks. You people are nuts.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Why don't u jump up and down...and see if it cracks....I have my JPM armrest for 12 yrs now....and still has no cracks. You people are nuts.
Most people are nuts, Mike.
Even, or maybe especially, you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts